1080w LED Inferno

Yeah man, with buds that size, it's a constant watch for rot. Nothing worse than seeing that bit of gray...

I'm sure you'll be fine with your skills though Irish. Pretty work.
i am keeping an eye on them real good. wish me luck.

Com 'on MAN no way AN, really... Damn there goes another great product I use that will now cost ME (the med user) waaaaaaay tooooooooo MUCH....
from what ive head AN has had their hand in the cookie jar for a while, this is why on youtube the urban grower always show grows with SS#4.

Sweet looking buds. i just want to teleport over for a little taste test.
Loving all the great grow talk. Thanks for the excellent journal. :popcorn:
yup match a J or 2:tokin:
If those pictures don't do those plants justice I would be afraid to see the real thing. Pictures made me drool... Again, very nice...
they really dont, these buds are packed with frost its crazy!

Man Irish, those ladies are packing :yummy:

Excellent skills pulling off this grow. I'm hangin' a picture of your girls in the bloomroom, mine need to see how it's done LOL :goodjob:

:peace:
why thank you my friend, thats a funny one. i still know i can do better, i can always do better and ill try and try every grow to top my last grow.
very nice bro. things are loking great. that oc+ is way darker. why do u think that is?
IDK? maybe because the higher N? or its realsing the N faster?
Excellent journal and some super girls, fairplay man keep up the good work :goodjob:
thanks!
Hey IB great grow man.

I just started vegin some clones and have added DM (red bottle) to the mini hempy cups. Would you suggest that I get some cal/mag and start implementing that asap? I am using 50/50 tap RO so I know I'm getting a bit of the micros from that..

Any other nutes or additives you'd suggest? Did you use anything for bloom with the DM?

I have temps that are a bit high 80+, so that is my reasoning for the DM. Thanks to this thread or I would be using OC+ in my high temps.

:peacetwo:

Marley
I dont want to tell others what to do, but if it were me i would get some Cal/Mag ASAP and feed 1 a week, the RO will cut allot back so your only getting 50% of cal/mag then you would with full tap water. I would suggest Green Fuse Bloom (Google it). and some kind of Carbs like molasses or any kind of carbs. I use Carbo Max made by Gro Tek i love that stuff, its a dry powder so ur not paying for water like other sweeteners.
So I walk into my hydro store today and to my surprise I see a penetrator panel from Cammie at Hydro Grow Led. The owner who I know and sells my Spectra lighting said a lady by the name of Cammie came in and try to sell him on her panels. WHAT THE F!

He also stated that she told him that her and I were the same company nd that the lights were just different models. Can someone please tell me why this crazy psycho B**** moved to my town from Washington state and claim to be affiliated with me???

This is insane and beyond anything I thought Cammie was capable of. At this point I really dont know what I can do. I would like to spread the word that this person is completely insane and that I am not in anyway affiliated with Cammie and Hydro Grow LED.

CAMMIE HAS SERIES MENTAL PROBLEMS AND IS A SCAMMER! EVERYONE BEWARE!!!

As of tomorrow I will be changing the name of my website, ill let everyone now what is is when its done. By the way I am not saying this to take sells from her or make me look better, hell id rather someone buy led's from anyone of my competitors than this crazy M F'r.. Sorry Im beyond pissed off right now.

If anyone has any useful information please pm me.

Sorry Irish I just wanted to let everyone know whats going on.. you can delete this if you like.

wow crazy bro, i heard she move to your area! i would change ur name also because thats not cool at all, the last thing you want is to get things mixed up. but if you change ur name it might also throw people off and lose sales?

feel free to post on here all u want, its needed to know info.

So I walk into my hydro store today and to my surprise I see a penetrator panel from Cammie at Hydro Grow Led. The owner who I know and sells my Spectra lighting said a lady by the name of Cammie came in and try to sell him on her panels. WHAT THE F!

He also stated that she told him that her and I were the same company nd that the lights were just different models. Can someone please tell me why this crazy psycho B**** moved to my town from Washington state and claim to be affiliated with me???

This is insane and beyond anything I thought Cammie was capable of. At this point I really dont know what I can do. I would like to spread the word that this person is completely insane and that I am not in anyway affiliated with Cammie and Hydro Grow LED.

As of tomorrow I will be changing the name of my website, ill let everyone now what is is when its done. By the way I am not saying this to take sells from her or make me look better, hell id rather someone buy led's from anyone of my competitors than this crazy M F'r.. Sorry Im beyond pissed off right now.

Sorry Irish I just wanted to let everyone know whats going on.. you can delete this if you like.

i have heard so much negitive about that person that it is a miracle she is still trucken
a scammer has to keep moving, people catch onto you if you stick around...pretty soon she'll run out of fools, or all will get wise to her...that is sick saying you're affiliated....i think it would be legal to state that you are not affiliated with anyone, esp. if she says so....just a sort of legal denial...no bad name calling or anything that IS deserved, just a bold disclaimer.....on your site, cards, ect...and to all dist. points for your product...make it known that someone is trying to ride your coat tail...hubby and i wishing you the best....and we can all pray that shi. for brains gets all she deserves...rapidly.....:thumb:L

That is some really effed up stuff, bro!! I've been following a thread about her! What a psycho-snitch-bitch! I think she should move to Cali, I have some friends there that would LOVE to say Hi!!

here is the other thread - Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) Hydro Grow LED!

I dont want to tell others what to do, but if it were me i would get some Cal/Mag ASAP and feed 1 a week, the RO will cut allot back so your only getting 50% of cal/mag then you would with full tap water. I would suggest Green Fuse Bloom (Google it). and some kind of Carbs like molasses or any kind of carbs. I use Carbo Max made by Gro Tek i love that stuff, its a dry powder so ur not paying for water like other sweeteners.

Thanks IB, bunch of good info there.

I'll look into those bloom additives and grab some cal/mag asap.

Marley

Lookin' good Irish. Try taking pix with the flash set 'on' and see if that helps make your frosted flakes Greeaaaat!

b
thats how i take the pics, ive tried every way my camera just doesn't take good close up indoor pics. look on the bright side at least i know what they really look like.lol
Thanks IB, bunch of good info there.

I'll look into those bloom additives and grab some cal/mag asap.

Marley
:thumb:
Wow man, looks like some killer bud all round... but that OC+ plant looks HEALTHY!! :thumb:
ya i am digging the OC+ greeness
agreed, I love how that OC+ plant looks so late into bloom!
me to bro

i am not sure haven't used the 3rd light yet waiting for flowering to fire her up. right now the two 300's is more then enough light for my girls. ill let you know when i fire it up

i doubt i do my water smells like straight chlorine. ive never had my water tested or talked to the water company, all i know is the water nasty over here and i wouldn't ever drink it out the tap.lol

The eventual root rot could be the chlorine salt deposits building up. a cheap carbon filter will eliminate the chlorine, but the fact is today, tap water contains residuals of prescription meds that were flushed elsewhere. Lord only knows what bizarre symptoms that could be responsible for.

I own a Kinetico RO for all water used to drink, cook, or feed my plants. Merlin makes one at a fair price, make sure to get auto flush (or manual)

i am happy with my buds but i am not all that dazzled because they have been flowering forever i should have been almost done with my 2nd grow by now

They're definitely liking the cooler temperatures, it looks like.

I've been thinking about that. You've clearly showed us all that those LEDs are quite good at flowering. But I do wonder if, had you been using HPS lights, would the different spectrum (IDK if it's better or worse, but it's probably different, lol) have encouraged your girls to flower correctly and on time where the LEDs did not? Of course that completely ignores the fact that in the Inferno the plants would probably have been burned-out husks under big HPS fixtures. So it's kind of a hypothetical question in any case. (But worrying about hypothetical stuff is oft times safer and always less stressful.)

i am sticking with TRF's for good now. i got booted out of my hydro store yesterday when i was getting some more Green Fuse, their was a new grower and they were telling him he needed all of the GH products to do a good grow, so me feeling bad for the dude told him about TRF's, and they did like that, but the guys was about to spend $200.00 of nutes.

Really? Don't get me wrong - I still encourage people to start out with a simple DWC hydroponics setup and GH Flora because the combination allows them to learn the basic concepts, TDS/EC, pH, dissolved oxygen, et cetera. And it allows them to experiment with adjusting ratios without being so strong that a little goof would kill their crop. It also allows a "no surprises" kind of environment so that they have a chance to learn their strain and how to read it and plants in general. But I'd never suggest that they need the stuff. I've seen cannabis growing up through cracks in the sidewalk all by itself with nothing in the way of care other than water from an occasional rain and whatever fertilizer the neighborhood dogs decided to provide. It works, and works well (although probably not the best (although I still use it along with others)). But so do many other things. Part of "the basics" is understanding that there is no ONE "needed" nutrient brand. My plants never bothered to read the jugs (I think they liked a good horror novel more than non-fiction).

You ought to start carrying around some nice pictures of the plants you're growing without those "needed" nutrients, then when someone pulls that sh*t you can whip them out and politely ask, "So, how much better would they have been? What do YOURS look like, lol?"

Then again, I never carried around those kind of snapshots either.

heres some good info on the B1, i think the thing is that the micros sometimes help out with some nutes, google just thought me some good stuff.

Breaking the Vitamin B-1 Myth
Does Vitamin B-1, used and touted by customers and retailers for over 50 years as an aid to help plants overcome transplant shock, really work? Or are its "results" a myth? Research performed in recent years by U.C. Davis, Sunset Magazine and others, reveals that Vitamin B-1's restorative powers have indeed been exaggerated.
Sunset's study, published in their magazine, tested the truth of B-1's claim to aid root regeneration and to bring better top growth. Using fast-growing annual marigolds, the magazine tried six different treatments.

I never could decide, myself. I've got a small bottle of Dragon B1/Iron/etc. transplant stuff that I've been known to use whenever the urge struck me. <SHRUGS> But often I didn't. I suppose that just like everything else, it's a useful product IF it contains something that your plants need and IF your media/nutrients do NOT already contain that something to begin with.

An old lady gave me the bottle about five years ago because it had sat on the shelf in her store for "years" without selling and then it got stuck in the back room for another bunch of "years." It's probably younger than my GF, but it's still old enough to vote at least. It doesn't look like I'm in danger of running out any time soon - and it's a fairly small bottle.

But as for the article you quoted: It was an interesting read. However, I'd have been happier if they had used something that wasn't a ridiculously healthy and fast-growing plant. Something that was notoriously hard to germinate, clone, and grow would have been nice. IOW, something where the normal (unadulterated) success rate is lower than 100%, lol - like maybe 50%. Take a plant that only is successful in each test half the time and try it. It might show no change, it might show an improvement - or it might show a change for the worse.

Still, as I mentioned, interesting reading. I feel much better about (a) Almost never using the Dragon stuff and (b) Laughing at all the Superthrive ads I've seen and the people that swear it's the best thing since air.

Grow on!

They're definitely liking the cooler temperatures, it looks like.
yes sir they do love it.
I've been thinking about that. You've clearly showed us all that those LEDs are quite good at flowering. But I do wonder if, had you been using HPS lights, would the different spectrum (IDK if it's better or worse, but it's probably different, lol) have encouraged your girls to flower correctly and on time where the LEDs did not? Of course that completely ignores the fact that in the Inferno the plants would probably have been burned-out husks under big HPS fixtures. So it's kind of a hypothetical question in any case. (But worrying about hypothetical stuff is oft times safer and always less stressful.)
good question? but to be honest i think it was the salt build up that the GH Maxi has? because once i changed the nutes they flowered. ypu never know the specs could have changed things? all i know is i was worried about the 10/14 light messing with my yield but things look to be turning out good.

Really? Don't get me wrong - I still encourage people to start out with a simple DWC hydroponics setup and GH Flora because the combination allows them to learn the basic concepts, TDS/EC, pH, dissolved oxygen, et cetera. And it allows them to experiment with adjusting ratios without being so strong that a little goof would kill their crop. It also allows a "no surprises" kind of environment so that they have a chance to learn their strain and how to read it and plants in general. But I'd never suggest that they need the stuff. I've seen cannabis growing up through cracks in the sidewalk all by itself with nothing in the way of care other than water from an occasional rain and whatever fertilizer the neighborhood dogs decided to provide. It works, and works well (although probably not the best (although I still use it along with others)). But so do many other things. Part of "the basics" is understanding that there is no ONE "needed" nutrient brand. My plants never bothered to read the jugs (I think they liked a good horror novel more than non-fiction).

You ought to start carrying around some nice pictures of the plants you're growing without those "needed" nutrients, then when someone pulls that sh*t you can whip them out and politely ask, "So, how much better would they have been? What do YOURS look like, lol?"

Then again, I never carried around those kind of snapshots either.
ya GH 3 part is great stuff, i think its the best GH has, but its total BS that u need all of their stuff to grow good plants, like u said plants dont need anything special, just base nutes and u will be good.

ya i dont carry those pics. sometimes i wish i did, but i also dont want anyone to know for sure what i grow.

I never could decide, myself. I've got a small bottle of Dragon B1/Iron/etc. transplant stuff that I've been known to use whenever the urge struck me. <SHRUGS> But often I didn't. I suppose that just like everything else, it's a useful product IF it contains something that your plants need and IF your media/nutrients do NOT already contain that something to begin with.

An old lady gave me the bottle about five years ago because it had sat on the shelf in her store for "years" without selling and then it got stuck in the back room for another bunch of "years." It's probably younger than my GF, but it's still old enough to vote at least. It doesn't look like I'm in danger of running out any time soon - and it's a fairly small bottle.

But as for the article you quoted: It was an interesting read. However, I'd have been happier if they had used something that wasn't a ridiculously healthy and fast-growing plant. Something that was notoriously hard to germinate, clone, and grow would have been nice. IOW, something where the normal (unadulterated) success rate is lower than 100%, lol - like maybe 50%. Take a plant that only is successful in each test half the time and try it. It might show no change, it might show an improvement - or it might show a change for the worse.

Still, as I mentioned, interesting reading. I feel much better about (a) Almost never using the Dragon stuff and (b) Laughing at all the Superthrive ads I've seen and the people that swear it's the best thing since air.

Grow on!
i agree they could have used different plants. from what i have read its a 50/50 thing, some say it does some say it doesnt.

Now this is how you check your Trics! i can room in so close its like its own little world, just a forest of trics and hairs. i love this scope and will never go back to my hand help 30x one.lol
100_3341.JPG
100_3342.JPG

How to tell you're spending a little too much time in the garden: The 'scope you use to check your trichomes is a real microscope.

That reminds me, I had a little three lens job myself when I was a kid. One of them was a high-power oil lens. I wonder if Mom still has it in the attic with all the Matchbox cars from 35 years ago.

Hmm... Matchbox cars.

Whip that thing out when you bring your dates home. If they don't run... RUN!

A watched pot...

Err...

:cool:

How to tell you're spending a little too much time in the garden: The 'scope you use to check your trichomes is a real microscope.

That reminds me, I had a little three lens job myself when I was a kid. One of them was a high-power oil lens. I wonder if Mom still has it in the attic with all the Matchbox cars from 35 years ago.

Hmm... Matchbox cars.

Whip that thing out when you bring your dates home. If they don't run... RUN!

A watched pot...

Err...

:cool:

good old days with the match box cars.

yup now just playing the waiting game

Those older microscopes were built pretty well. The old "school" grade ones, if they have the right lenses, are great for looking at trichs.

I could never see anything very well through the hand-held Radio Shack style things.

I like using my USB microscope hooked up to my laptop. Very portable, so I can leave the plants in the tents and just scan a few different buds pretty quickly.

I think the USB microscope cost about $60. A good application of modern technology, IMO ;).

No character at all compared to those old microscopes though.

Back
Top Bottom