126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

Hey CAMMIE, If your still around check out mmmmick's grow out. I think this may be a great idea for you and your plants. A scrog has to be the most efficent way to grw with LED's at the moment. Well thats in my opinion. Great coverage, and cheap costing lighting. I dont think you could go wrong. And with your lights it should be perfect. Just a thought. Hope all is well with you in hydrogrowledland.

Hey CAMMIE, If your still around check out mmmmick's grow out. I think this may be a great idea for you and your plants. A scrog has to be the most efficent way to grw with LED's at the moment. Well thats in my opinion. Great coverage, and cheap costing lighting. I dont think you could go wrong. And with your lights it should be perfect. Just a thought. Hope all is well with you in hydrogrowledland.

I think Mmmmick has a 126w coming for his next grow. Hoping he scrogs it too.

I want to make sure all the subscribers to this thread know that Cammie is still around and that she can be reached by PM or email.

Cammie's not posting for a little while but we want to make sure everyone knows that all is ok.

Pure thai really isn't practical for indoor grows. It stretches and stretches and stretches... a lot of them top out anywhere from 15 to 30' by the time they're done. You can 12/12 them from seed and proceed to tie and top the hell out of them but it's still a lot of work to keep them under 10 feet. That and they almost all herm naturally, meaning you get branches with just male flowers and branches with female flowers. It's a hardcore investment and a real bitch to cater to but OH MY GOD what an awesome smoke. Blew my mind into the stratosphere. If only the world's governments didn't suck and we could just let these babies do their thing in the Sun... One day maybe.

So true, my THAIxSS stretched twisted turned snapped and wrapped around everything. It was like the little shop of horrors inside the tent. Half the time I couldn't tell where one started and the other stopped. I flowered at 20" like a fool and a few finished around 9 or 10 feet. Great meds kept my spasms to a minimum and tinnitus was non existent

I've joined today and "yes" i've got one of your competitors oblong 90wt LED lights,idea being at the time-to save money.I spent months before and after trying to learn how to use them properly,its only recently that i really got the point with them,still mainly use them for propergation and veggin.On the whole its basically a good light,i'm not brave enough yet to use it soley for flowering,i will be watching the Great Ed R's grow with interest.One Love,Seamus

Re: Impllications of high w bulbs

Could you discuss the pros and cons of higher wattage LEDS. I'm starting to see companies coming out with 2w, 3w and as much as 6 watt LED in their units. I take it they penetrate further than units with 1w LEDS. One company is using 6w bulbs and a very wide lens. In your research have you also looked into efficiency issues for various bulbs.

Hi there Jocko,i cant really big my lights up too much,to be honest i've mainly used it for veggin.I find it ticks them along fine,i have used them once as extra light(with hps)when flowering,not really good enough on its own.Just my opinion.Mines an oblong 90wt mix spectrum,the makers claim its as pokey as a 400wt hps,personally i'll stick with the hps for the mo.Keep it Green

Re: Impllications of high w bulbs

Could you discuss the pros and cons of higher wattage LEDS. I'm starting to see companies coming out with 2w, 3w and as much as 6 watt LED in their units. I take it they penetrate further than units with 1w LEDS. One company is using 6w bulbs and a very wide lens. In your research have you also looked into efficiency issues for various bulbs.

To answer your question. The comparison between 1,2,3 watt led's is very simple. If you take (1) 3watt led and put it side by side with (3) 1watt leds, the (3) 1watt leds would have more penitrating power and more lumens. For example, a typical grow light 3watt led has about 150 lumens, a typical grow light 1 watt led has about 60 lumens.

3 watt led = 150 lumens

(3) 1watt led's= 180 lumens.

Also, check out the specifications in the grow product supply forum with the title of " ECO-BLAZE lux meter readings with pics", you'll see more comparisons of canopy penitrating power.

Kind of bummed out. First time poster.....

I just read all 31 pages of posts and while I learned a lot I feel like this will be failed objective.

The whole idea of testing these lights was to gauge their effectiveness. In that sense, all other variables should have held rather constant.

You shouldn't have used new nutrients. Why are new plants being thrust into the grow? What's up the Ed? That should have been vetted long before the lights were sent. Looking back it feels like Cammie got the word out but where are the results we all wanted?

It seems like this wasn't taken very seriously and I've wasted quite a bit of reading time. I guess I'm more senstive to this because I'm a first time grower and have been reading an immense amount the past 2 weeks. (didn't go to bed until 4:30 this morning!)

I hope the other LED (LED/HID) comparisons will be taken a bit more seriously. I'm really looking forward to the results. In my instance due to my location, it's extremely hot in the summer and dry year round. LED claims some excellent benefits suitable for my situation.

I'd like to thank all the posters here (including Cammie) for providing a wealth of info. I feel like hydroton....just sucking it all up! haaaa

Thanks again!

ps- I think an established poster (if possible) should go back to one of the first postings and let people know about where things stand....) just to let them decide whether time would be better served scanning this thread and paying closer attention to a real comparison (there's definitely good info here).

High Pacard,

Journals are in the "abandoned journals" sections when things go wrong and they get shut down. We do this so people don't end up starting the novel only to find that final exciting chapter was never written.

I'll confess, sometimes I'll read the last chapter first - then start in the front - just to make sure I'm spending my time on a result of interest ;)

You should check the "completed" forum of the "In progress" forum if you'd like to follow in real time.

I'd recommend this thread if you're interested in comparison..

Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Hey Soniq -

wish I could admit being in an altered state when I jumped into this forum. Didn't realize it was in the Abandoned Journals until after I posted. Dahhhh

Lesson learned and thanks for the idea. I will do that.

i found the other journal where Setting Sun is comparing the two LED lights. Only about 10 pages in. This one is exactly how I thought it should be handled w/ as few variables as possible. (almost want to jump to the end but figured it's part of the learning process.....). If I had to guess though, I'm going to bet that both will perform well.

Cheers,
pc

Back
Top Bottom