126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

1.30 grams per watt with 2, 600W HPS lights on a 4' x 8' table? And doing that consistently every harvest? I'd love to meet the guy. I haven't met a beginning or novice grower that produced those kinds of numbers with HID...

Changed it for you ...the guy is busy right now and doesn't do the thread thing...LOL...those numbers weren't that important in my example anyways.:rollit:

LoL, I just thought it was a super impressive grower or something. I've managed to do over 2 lbs per thousand in the past, and I've seen others do it as well, so it's not like 3lbs per thousand is that far fetched, it would just take a damn, damn good grower I believe.

LoL, I just thought it was a super impressive grower or something. I've managed to do over 2 lbs per thousand in the past, and I've seen others do it as well, so it's not like 3lbs per thousand is that far fetched, it would just take a damn, damn good grower I believe.

That's not bad at all. I've gotten close to 1.3 in the past with some strains, but typically it's around 1.1 or so. That's the same reason I started doing scrog about nine years ago - better yields on average.

One of the biggest limiting factors indoors comes down to coverage and consistency in your lighting. So, having several smaller wattage units will outperform one higher watt unit of equal total watts, every time (given the same PAR watt efficiency). At least with LED, you don't have to worry about venting every damn light separately.

With any testing, yield in grams/watt is going to be your most consistent measurement between lighting types, after yield/sq ft. If I can see at least a 2-1 yield per watt (or better) with LED over HID, I'm sold. Though my expectations are closer to 2.5 - 1.

(With the Pro line coming out in Q1 2010 using 6W LEDs, maybe I should raise that to 3-1...)

Regards,

-TL

My Pro model won't use 6W LED's, lol, who told you that? That would be taking a step backwards in terms of development, as 6W LED's lack the luminous efficacy (lumens per watt) of 6, 1W LED's. We will simply be using higher lumen rated 1W LED's. ;)

Sorry,

Looks like I heard wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

-TL

Cammie,

And everybody. I have started a hype up thread in the grow room design area. I want to get some input about a grow test, I would like yours, (Cammie's) as well as other growers interested in seeing an LED test conducted to give some input/advice/ask questions/etc.

Scope it!

I am also excited about the pro model! That should rock! Didn't you say it would be around a 50% increase in lumen output/ productivity?

Rockin! I love this site...everybody is awesome. Hope to see ya in my thread too!

-Go Green-

3lbs per light? I don't see that happening at all. A friend of mine grows triple XXX(high yielding strain 4 1k hps 10lbs per harvest) and gets 2.5 which is Phenomenal. Just to clarify, that's weighed at 454g's per elbow, slightly over a true pound, which is 1.3ish per watt, I like those numbers. :) To see another half per light in that area would be UNREAL, one can only dream :ganjamon:

3lbs per light? I don't see that happening at all. A friend of mine grows triple XXX(high yielding strain 4 1k hps 10lbs per harvest) and gets 2.5 which is Phenomenal. Just to clarify, that's weighed at 454g's per elbow, slightly over a true pound, which is 1.3ish per watt, I like those numbers. :) To see another half per light in that area would be UNREAL, one can only dream :ganjamon:

The example was two 600w HPS with electronic ballasts on a 4x8 table not one 1000w light.

there are so many things that go into efficiency besides bulb strength, i think you guys are thinking too much in the box.

I know of a vertical grow that produced 48 ounces off of a single 600w HPS. yup thats right 3 LBS from 600w!

It seems like it's been forever. How are things Cammie, in your garden?

Hope all is well!

Peace peeps!

-Go Green!!!!!!!!

Honestly they're weird as hell. Remember how I said the plants seemed to be reverting back to veg again as 3 of 4 were stretching? Yeah, they've continued stretching. It's like I took them out of bloom and threw them back into veg. They're over 4 weeks now and they look like they're back in the first week... The room isn't 100% light tight, and the "wall" is a black sheet folded in half that seemed to be doing fine at first.

Anyhow, this test has unfortunately been a bit doomed from the start due to the nutes, and now whatever's going on. I'm currently waiting on some new seeds to show up to begin the next demonstration with the 126W from seed to harvest, unless you guys would rather see some clones that are ready to transplant now. I think I'll likely cut these plants off and seal the room for the next grow with a better wall. I'll also make it Scrog and set it up as a time-lapse to make things a bit more interesting.

Sorry to hear the unfortunate news. I hope you can get everything back to square one without many problems.

Can't wait for any results you provide, Cammie! :0)

Thanks!

-Go Green

1.30 grams per watt with 2, 600W HPS lights on a 4' x 8' table? And doing that consistently every harvest? I'd love to meet the guy. I haven't met a beginning or novice grower that produced those kinds of numbers with HID...

me either

So is there gonna be another grow since the first one got messed up with the nutes ? Looking for some more yield #'s, and I would be sold. So far from what I've been reading, Cam seems very intelligent, and if I had a bunch of extra money I wouldn't think twice about checking her product out. Anyway, I'm keeping a eye on the other grows by the other members with her products, and hope to see some nice results.

I think the only way I could justify growing a single plant like that for "experimental purposes" to see if it's worth the time or not, would be to setup it's own itty-bitty room, with a single 126W light, and see what she does. I can't really think of a way that would be more practical to grow such a long strain, as most of us need meds more regularly than every 20+ weeks lol. Not doubting it will be some great smoke, but that's why I'd only do a small # of plants on the side ;)

Pure thai really isn't practical for indoor grows. It stretches and stretches and stretches... a lot of them top out anywhere from 15 to 30' by the time they're done. You can 12/12 them from seed and proceed to tie and top the hell out of them but it's still a lot of work to keep them under 10 feet. That and they almost all herm naturally, meaning you get branches with just male flowers and branches with female flowers. It's a hardcore investment and a real bitch to cater to but OH MY GOD what an awesome smoke. Blew my mind into the stratosphere. If only the world's governments didn't suck and we could just let these babies do their thing in the Sun... One day maybe.

What happened here? Cammie if you are still on can you please tell me how I can expect to get the 2 and 1/4 of POG that I could normally expect from my 1kwatt pl and sun systems which utilized 4.5x5' canopies when your 318 light which you compare to a 1kwatt is recommended for only 8 square feet. My interests are in lower thermal footprints and more importantly a discreet energy bill while producing the same level of output.better idea to just use the 126 model? The 318 seems like a way to spend more without getting more with regard to equal proportion of light used when comparing to the 126 model.
What is going on with Setting Sun 's Haight/Penetrator comparison?
I've been enjoying watching the progress here and am interested in the 126's potential.

Back
Top Bottom