126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

For sure next grow one per plant hopefully that can be up in a month or so. but damn it just makes plant so pretty under LED, now what do you say about using blue for veg and red for flowering period. or have you pretty much just done mixed light boards. i'm really interested in LED

During my research I found that plants only absorb a certain amount of blue light, and anything over that is more or less "wasted". Our lights are matched to nearly the perfect ratio of blue, so that wasting does not occur. This is the optimum level for either stage of growth, although a lot of people have used blue CFL or MH to veg plants and keep them bushier, while using red in bloom to stretch plants. With our lights, to initiate a stretch you raise it 9-12" above your plants, and to keep them bushy you use it at 6-8". There is no need to adjust spectral output for different stages. If you wanted us to create a more "blue" centric light, we could always swap out the 3000k white for 6500k ;)

I think it would have to literally come out encrusted in Gold THC for me to grow it lol. 20 weeks is almost 3 bloom cycles with a plant like LA Confidential or ICE. I know that some of those longer strains often get crossed with strains that have shorter flowering times, to produce a nice in-between with both characteristics. I'd maybe grow those, but if doesn't finish within 9 weeks, you generally won't find it in my garden ;)

Couldnt have said it better myself :) This is why I threw my g13-haze right into flower in soil rather than propagating it and adding it into my cycle. 12 weeks is way too long for me.

Thanks for your reply Cammie, just the information I needed.

Your responsiveness, flexibility and obvious dedication to customer service and satisfaction is why I will definitely be ordering from you in the near future.

(And if the co-op/medical MJ initiative continues, I and a few others I know may be sending you a few dozen orders very soon...)

I know you already do 30 and 60 degree spreads in your current line. If you can also do 90 or 120 deg. angles for N/C (or a nominal fee/minimum order quantity), please let us know. Some growing styles lend themselves better to different angles, and I'm sure others out there would be interested, too!

-TL

P.S. HerbInGrower, I did a quick analysis of your grow room to run some electric #'s. Even with discrete veg/flower periods of 4/8 weeks respectively (call it 4 grows/year), if you replace your 400W HPS veg (18h/day) with two 126's (252w) and your 1200W flower (12h/day) with four 126w LED's (504w):

At $0.20 average/kwh, that's a savings of $433.84/year - or $2,169.22 over 5 years, on electric bills for the lights alone. And that doesn't include additional savings from reduced water usage, nutrients, venting, bulb replacements, or anything else - easily adding an extra $1000+ in cost over that time. Call it $3200+ in savings / total cost of ownership.

(Or additional bud/resin quality and yield from better spectrum delivery and not burning off trichomes from proximity to your HID's, either...)

With that kind of savings, who can afford not to switch over?

So, HIG - go get those LED's! I'm right behind you, my friend... :)

Yeah, you nailed it lurker.

OK I got a 2 bedrooom apt, my electic had been $131-150 for about 2.5 years.

So I added the 120W LED unit, air pump 7w, and 3 30watt fans to my apt.

To avoid problems and save $ I bought all CFL's bulbs for the apt to replace old style, 20 BULBs!

Uhh my electric bill is like 107 now hahaha!!! I got room to GROW "no phun intended"!

I know you already do 30 and 60 degree spreads in your current line. If you can also do 90 or 120 deg. angles for N/C (or a nominal fee/minimum order quantity), please let us know. Some growing styles lend themselves better to different angles, and I'm sure others out there would be interested, too!

I am sure that we could make lights with 90 degree or 120 degree viewing angles, but we went away from that design a long time ago for a reason. Even if you're only growing 18" tall plants when they are finished, the 120 degree lens still lacks the penetrative power to bud out the base of your plant nicely. So, we could produce them for you at 90 or 120 degrees, but don't count on getting the same growth that you see demonstrated online. Also, custom order units are non-returnable, as I don't have anyone else asking for them in 90 or 120 degree...

A lot of the original and still remaining pure thais take anywhere from 20-24 to finish. Talk about an investment.

Damn. I had planned to get some WofS Landraces Wild Thai next grow. Now I have to think about it... Just might be worth it, if I remember my Thai stick experiences from the 70s accurately, though. Jesus, that's nearly 6 months.

Damn. I had planned to get some WofS Landraces Wild Thai next grow. Now I have to think about it... Just might be worth it, if I remember my Thai stick experiences from the 70s accurately, though. Jesus, that's nearly 6 months.

I think the only way I could justify growing a single plant like that for "experimental purposes" to see if it's worth the time or not, would be to setup it's own itty-bitty room, with a single 126W light, and see what she does. I can't really think of a way that would be more practical to grow such a long strain, as most of us need meds more regularly than every 20+ weeks lol. Not doubting it will be some great smoke, but that's why I'd only do a small # of plants on the side ;)

So this bloom is going a bit weird, but I'm interested to see what the end result will be. In the past I've noticed that some plants which undergo stress will resume where they left off, unaffected by the amount of time they were in stress, whereas the time clock on other plants keeps going during the stress, resulting in a plant that "ends early".

I think we will see a bit of both of these scenarios within this current bloom, due to my poor choice to "experiment" with nutrients during the beginning of the demonstration. Both plants on the left (Ice), are currently stretching and show flowers as though they are within the first 2 weeks of bloom (even though they're almost on week 4). They seem like their time clocks resumed where they left off, and their growth demonstrates this. On the back right corner is Afghani X Brazilian Skunk who has been flowering up until now. Today I noticed that she finally began an upward stretch, and she is beginning to space our her nodes a bit resulting in less compacting of the flowers (almost like she just went back two weeks). The front right plant is carrying on as though her time clock is at 4 weeks, even though her budding is only at about 2 weeks, and is not growing vertically at all.

Hope you understood what I was trying to get across lol!

These pictures were taken 10-24-09:

DSC02307E.jpg

DSC02305E.jpg

DSC02306E.jpg

Thought you guys might enjoy some more pictures from my real bloom room, so I snapped some a few minutes ago.

These pictures were taken 10-24-09:

DSC02310E.jpg

DSC02312E.jpg

DSC02314E.jpg

DSC02316E.jpg

DSC02329E.jpg

DSC02332E.jpg

DSC02334E.jpg

DSC02318E.jpg

DSC02322E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom