126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

I think the only way I could justify growing a single plant like that for "experimental purposes" to see if it's worth the time or not, would be to setup it's own itty-bitty room, with a single 126W light, and see what she does. I can't really think of a way that would be more practical to grow such a long strain, as most of us need meds more regularly than every 20+ weeks lol. Not doubting it will be some great smoke, but that's why I'd only do a small # of plants on the side ;)

Absolutely, that's the only way I would do it too.

As a side grow.

Definatly would be interesting to watch. then drying and curing, a year later taste the best... Sounds like the ideas at least good enough to fall into my "do it before I die" category....

Wonder how much time I got??????

HGL, you know them led rope lights everone on youtube tried to grow weed with? think you could make a product like this? I would use it for a tall strain like this. Like 5-6 week of flowering wrap her in a led spiral, all the inner buds would really beast up!

HGL, you know them led rope lights everone on youtube tried to grow weed with? think you could make a product like this? I would use it for a tall strain like this. Like 5-6 week of flowering wrap her in a led spiral, all the inner buds would really beast up!

The ones I've found give you 10W in a 2' long strip. I haven't found any flexible strips using high power 1W units, just the stationary strips. I thought about them for supplemental lighting, but the cost per watt was pretty high. I'm going to be uploading a new product to the site soon though, for supplemental lighting or applications like what you're talking about.

So this bloom is going a bit weird, but I'm interested to see what the end result will be. In the past I've noticed that some plants which undergo stress will resume where they left off, unaffected by the amount of time they were in stress, whereas the time clock on other plants keeps going during the stress, resulting in a plant that "ends early".

I think we will see a bit of both of these scenarios within this current bloom, due to my poor choice to "experiment" with nutrients during the beginning of the demonstration. Both plants on the left (Ice), are currently stretching and show flowers as though they are within the first 2 weeks of bloom (even though they're almost on week 4). They seem like their time clocks resumed where they left off, and their growth demonstrates this. On the back right corner is Afghani X Brazilian Skunk who has been flowering up until now. Today I noticed that she finally began an upward stretch, and she is beginning to space our her nodes a bit resulting in less compacting of the flowers (almost like she just went back two weeks). The front right plant is carrying on as though her time clock is at 4 weeks, even though her budding is only at about 2 weeks, and is not growing vertically at all.

Hope you understood what I was trying to get across lol!

These pictures were taken 10-24-09:

DSC02307E.jpg

DSC02305E.jpg

DSC02306E.jpg

I'm a little confused. You stated that you are budding 4 plants but there are five in the system and above you only identified three plants with strains.
2 ice 1 Afghani X Brazilian Skunk. Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks

I am sure that we could make lights with 90 degree or 120 degree viewing angles, but we went away from that design a long time ago for a reason. Even if you're only growing 18" tall plants when they are finished, the 120 degree lens still lacks the penetrative power to bud out the base of your plant nicely. So, we could produce them for you at 90 or 120 degrees, but don't count on getting the same growth that you see demonstrated online...

Ok, thanks Cammie. Nice to know that's a possibility. I'm sure even if others were interested, they might not ask, especially if it's not an option listed on your website. And I understand the middle ground between having fully customized options and production models for manufacturing. Can't have idiots running around asking for 137 degree arcs using all magenta and cyan LEDs in a polka pattern with smiley faces engraved on them... :)

-------------

Well, of course; the inverse square law for light still applies. Double your distance from your point source and you lose 75% of your intensity. That's the reason you use the angles you do - i.e. to compensate for the fall-off due to distance.

I think your lights are perfect for maximum light distribution to plants directly under the light, and perhaps a bit to the sides, with an intensity allowing small tree/bush patterns to form nicely. To increase coverage, just add more lights. This fits the growing patterns of perhaps the largest percentage of the indoor grower market (and, perfect for newbies...).

For ScrOG growers like me (and perhaps SOG - i.e. production-oriented growers, and those who train their plants extensively) where we have very full, even canopies - not bushes - our focus is almost entirely within the top 4-6" of the canopy. We could care less about what happens below that as any light source is virtually entirely absorbed in the prime flowering areas above. I personally never grow a plant higher than 12" indoors before training it horizontally, these days (at least, since ~2000 or so. I've grown both indoor and outdoor in a variety of settings since the early 90's).

So, in my mind, perhaps 90 degrees is a good middle ground between intensity and coverage for growers in my situation. Beyond that, simply add more units to your growing area, as you mentioned.

I mean, why buy three lights when two will do, right? Right product, right application.

Regards,

-TL

P.S. Once I buy one or more of your lights, the only way someone will get me to part with them is by prying them out of my cold, dead hands. (I'm not returning them for anything!) I know - no returns on custom jobs...

I'm a little confused. You stated that you are budding 4 plants but there are five in the system and above you only identified three plants with strains.
2 ice 1 Afghani X Brazilian Skunk. Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks

There are 4 blooming plants within the system, and a few days ago my wife threw a small plant (4") in there for literally no reason... It's getting literally no light, sitting under the canopy of the two larger plants over it. I'll be taking it out shortly, but I hate killing plants!

As far as the strains, there are (2) ICE plants, (1) Afghani X Brazilian Skunk, and (1) Purple Ice.

Also for the lurker, I think 90 degree would be ok for that type of growing if you're only concerned about the top couple of inches. I personally bud my plants to the base.

So I just got a bunch of new strains to choose from for the next 126W demonstration. The choices are:

Big Buddha Cheese

Yumbolt 47

A-Train

Barney's L*D

Alaskan Ice

Pineapple Express

L.A. Confidential

Lemon Skunk

L.A. Woman

I am interested to see what your opinions are as to which strain(s) I should use for the next demonstration. Let me know!

L.A. Woman.. if you bought them online can I ask from where?

yeah HGL my GF is gone for 3 weeks for training so uhh im pretty bored hahaha I make alot of posts here for now.

The Attitude Seed Bank. 3 free strains! LA Woman looks nice, but there's a lot to choose from!

So I just got a bunch of new strains to choose from for the next 126W demonstration. The choices are:

Big Buddha Cheese

Yumbolt 47

A-Train

Barney's L*D

Alaskan Ice

Pineapple Express

L.A. Confidential

Lemon Skunk

L.A. Woman

I am interested to see what your opinions are as to which strain(s) I should use for the next demonstration. Let me know!

Pineapple Express.

I made my decision to use Pineapple Express for the next grow. The flowering time is supposed to be the same as LA Confidential (7-8 weeks), and she is supposed to have nice and hardy buds. The main reason though, is that I think the name "Pineapple Express" will draw a bit more attention to the thread lol. I'm also interested to try her out as I've never smoked/grown her before :)

So hgl you were saying how you were suprised to see the crystals you did with no co2.

1. When you co2, i know you don;t put it on during lights out But how do you inject it to the plant area?

2. my friends system vents every 15 for 15 and I bet it clears the area when it does, so how could I apply co2 to a small area that needs vented every 15mins?

So hgl you were saying how you were suprised to see the crystals you did with no co2.

1. When you co2, i know you don;t put it on during lights out But how do you inject it to the plant area?

2. my friends system vents every 15 for 15 and I bet it clears the area when it does, so how could I apply co2 to a small area that needs vented every 15mins?

Yes, I am very surprised to see my plants as frosty as they are right now, when they've never been so frosty even using HID, Connoisseur, and 1500ppm CO2! LED's definitely bring out some of the toxicity in our girls, cause I know the Iguana Juice didn't do it all on it's own lol.

So when I use CO2, it goes on as soon as the lights do, and off when they go off. I run 1500ppm, and I have a bottle system with a valve that allows the CO2 to escape via a line throughout the room. My room is enclosed and there is a fan on each wall, so the air mixes pretty fast.

As far as supplying CO2 to a room that needs venting, good luck. You'll end up wasting most of your CO2... Your friend needs to get a way to deal with the heat so the room can be enclosed, and then you should look at CO2. I'm not a person to recommend turning it on for 15 minutes and then off... I go all out or I don't go at all lol.

Back
Top Bottom