126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

Heya Cammie! Finally found your new forum... good to be reconnected with the HG-LED community again... we've got sumthin really special and we just gots ta let it shine, let it shine, let it SHINE! I myself have a 318w Hydro-Grow LED light, and y'all are about to witness the power of Cammie's LightEngine(TM) arrangements when i fire that baby up this weekend. Stay tuned.. i just might move my journal to 420mag.

Hey C, I just wanted to let you know I registered with this forum, for the sole purpose of learning what you and others have to offer. Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I bought two (63) watt penatrators from Hydro-grow-LED and will be conducting a test grow. I was waiting for my seeds to sprout and had some time. So, I decided to take some cuttings from my tomato and basil plants to see how well the light performs with clones. I only used one of the lights for the clones and within two weeks the basil roots were 5 inches below the net cup and the tomato were 3.5 inches below as well. I think this kind of root growth is unheard of and amazing with LED's. As soon as I learn how to post pictures, I will. I can't wait for the real test. I'm positive the results will be tremendous.

Looking forward to your journal, too. I'm interested to see how those 63-Watt setups do for sure.

Looking forward to your journal, too. I'm interested to see how those 63-Watt setups do for sure.

According to 1 customer so far, the 63W out yielded a 150W HPS by a "crap load", with far denser, and larger buds. His testimonial (although slightly edited for web content purposes) can be found on my site.

By the way, here is our new banner for this forum:

420Banner2.gif

Very interested in LED's here Downunder.
When are the 240v models comin out for
us southern hemispherians. Because LED's
draw such low current I am considering a
solar powered setup. Do you think this viable??
A mate told me to bypass the middleman and just
put the plants out in the sun lol. Is it possible to
run LED's from a 12v or 24v power supply.
P.S Wasnt everyone's 1st book on growing weed
written by ED Rosenthal lol back in the good ole days
no uploads or downloads just bongloads lol

just stumbled onto this thread... im gonna keep a close eye on it. great info and im glad to see the LED spectrum is including the peak points of photosynthesis

i have heard over and over that the wrong design can ruin your yield. as you said at certain wavelengths specific reactions occur. i would love to see more control tests as well as some customer grows to compare with natural or other artificial light. this post has renewed my confidence in LEDs. keep the info comin.

Welcome Cammie and thanks for forwarding this link. Looking forward to following your progress on this site and even more looking forward to the arrival of my first 126w! Be Cool

Very interested in LED's here Downunder.
When are the 240v models comin out for
us southern hemispherians. Because LED's
draw such low current I am considering a
solar powered setup. Do you think this viable??
A mate told me to bypass the middleman and just
put the plants out in the sun lol. Is it possible to
run LED's from a 12v or 24v power supply.
P.S Wasnt everyone's 1st book on growing weed
written by ED Rosenthal lol back in the good ole days
no uploads or downloads just bongloads lol

If you live outside of the US, we make units for your specific country, including voltage, plug, and hz. We've shipped several units to Australia already, it just takes someone sending me an email to get one. I see no reason why LED's couldn't operate on a completely solar-powered setup. I've been thinking about doing something very similar to that in the upcoming months.

Alright, so it's time for an update:

Two days ago I put 4 plants into a small aeroponics unit, within a small room. The light stayed on the entire day, and throughout the following, meaning that they had 1 day to adjust to the new system prior to going into bloom. Last night the light went out for the first time at 12am, and came on again this afternoon at 12pm.

I'm not guaranteeing that these results will be typical for everyone, but I wanted to take a picture to show how rapid the onset of flowering can be with our LED's. The picture was taken about 9pm, only 9 hours from when the plants came out of the dark cycle for the first time. Anyhow, enjoy the set of pistils :grinjoint:

DSC02121E.jpg

Two days ago I put 4 plants into a small aeroponics unit, within a small room. The light stayed on the entire day, and throughout the following, meaning that they had 1 day to adjust to the new system prior to going into bloom. Last night the light went out for the first time at 12am, and came on again this afternoon at 12pm.

I'm not guaranteeing that these results will be typical for everyone, but I wanted to take a picture to show how rapid the onset of flowering can be with our LED's. The picture was taken about 9pm, only 9 hours from when the plants came out of the dark cycle for the first time. Anyhow, enjoy the set of pistils :grinjoint:

DSC02121E.jpg

Why that shameless hussy...:smokin:

DSC02121E.jpg

How many days did the plants veg for and under what light? Were they already showing preflowers?

With your LEDs being optimized for flowering do you advise using them for veg as well? Say.. for keeping mom's? or will the plants stretch in search of the more blue spectrum? Were the plants in the first pic vegged completely using this led? Thanks!

hmm, i think showing pistils a few hours into flower isn't very likely. the growers here that have a lot of experience know what weed will and wont do, I think mcbuds was onto something if it is an old clone probably showing full maturity preflowers already. his questions on the plants would also help us get a better idea of where you are starting from, and that will give us a better idea of where you can, should, and will go.

im tuned in though, i've been rooting for led's since nasa started messing with them in the 60's.

Then how come you know all that technical stuff?

*Runs*

Women are a lot more analytically minded than men. We have a higher aptitude for mathematics, and other skills that make us great at retaining technical data. That, and I tested as a genius back in High School when they tested my IQ...

Hi Cammie, I was wondering if you could clear my head of something. I was under the impression that LED's are designed to emit a certain spectrum but within that spectrum there still is a range that they will hit, say for example a blue 660nm is really in the range of 650nm to 670nm or something like that. That's why I'm a bit confused because your lights can hit 6 exact spectrum's but wound't there also be a mix spectrum nm? I'm not trying to bash your lights, I'm just getting a bit confused now with all this LED hoop-la
:nicethread:

How many days did the plants veg for and under what light? Were they already showing preflowers?

With your LEDs being optimized for flowering do you advise using them for veg as well? Say.. for keeping mom's? or will the plants stretch in search of the more blue spectrum? Were the plants in the first pic vegged completely using this led? Thanks!

The plants were under a mix of HPS, MH and LED for veg, and each plant was vegged for about 4 weeks. No, there was no pre-flowering when I put them into bloom. Only 1 plant showed pistils the day after the light turned off, and as of right now (literally) all 4 plants are showing pistils.

Sunlight is a constant light source, it doesn't change from blue to red from spring to autumn, and neither does our light. It's focused around the exact nm our plants use, and the exact percentages our plants convert at those said wavelengths. Sure, plants don't require as much red in the veg stage, but that doesn't mean they don't grow better when you give it to em. These lights work great for veg and flower, and the way you control stretching or bushiness is with the height you set the light at.

hmm, i think showing pistils a few hours into flower isn't very likely. the growers here that have a lot of experience know what weed will and wont do

It is what it is. I just take the pictures and report the results/switch out nutrients. The plants do what they do. I'm pretty certain that there are no growers on here, other than myself, who have used this type of LED lighting to grow our specific plants. So the growers here may be familiar with what weed does under MH or HPS, but not under these LED's. Remember, this is a completely different technology, which means that you shouldn't expect the exact same thing as HID ;)

Hi Cammie, I was wondering if you could clear my head of something. I was under the impression that LED's are designed to emit a certain spectrum but within that spectrum there still is a range that they will hit, say for example a blue 660nm is really in the range of 650nm to 670nm or something like that. That's why I'm a bit confused because your lights can hit 6 exact spectrum's but wound't there also be a mix spectrum nm? I'm not trying to bash your lights, I'm just getting a bit confused now with all this LED hoop-la
:nicethread:

Yes, LED's emit a narrow range of light, centered around it's main emitting point. So a 660nm emits it's peak light at 660nm, and extends 15nm above or below it's emission point. That means a 660nm LED produces light from about 645nm-675nm. Some LED's have a narrower range than others (10nm above or below), but all have a range.

So our lights use 440nm, 470nm, 640nm, 660nm, 740nm, and 3000k white. Here are their ranges: 425nm - 455nm, 455nm - 485nm, 625nm - 655nm, 645nm - 675nm, and 730nm - 750nm. That means our light emits from 425nm - 485nm blue (the entire blue spectrum) with peaks at 440nm and 470nm, where our plants convert the most light into energy. Our lights emit from 625nm - 675nm red, which is nearly the entire red spectrum, again with peaks at 640nm and 660nm, closest to where our plants convert the most light energy. The 740nm infra-red stimulates cell regeneration and repair, as well as provides necessary heat for the plant's metabolism. The white fills in all of the extra areas the plants would normally receive in small quantities, with peaks at 450nm and 630nm.

Back
Top Bottom