126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

yeah, well, ummmmmm, let's see ya write yer name in the snow.

that's right, uh huh, lol.

LMAO, are you trying to imply sir, that a lady cannot learn how to pee standing up? It's a trick some of us are forced to learn in really dirty airports or bathrooms, where there are no toilet seats! It requires a certain level of skill and finesse lol, but I still don't think I could write my name ;)

WOW!! this journal is answering a lot of questions, i'm sure i wasnt the only one thinking them either. It will be interesting to see how ED's results come out. How is his data going to be posted,through you or in his own thread, being written through you?

As far as I know, Semi makes the blue. We don't use Cree LED's in our products. They are overpriced, and difficult to install/service. The cost/watt on them would price our unit out of the market, for what it is. If I were to run solid Cree LED's, my light would cost about $799-999 retail (although Cree doesn't make half of what's in my light).

Sorry had to many windows open and remembered you saying Cree but looked back and you where talking about pro model that you may make in the future.

Do you have a link to the manufacture of the led's that you are using.. i must have searched hours looking for Semi. Reason i ask is that i would realy like to see the specs on high power royal blue led's (440nm dominate).

thanks.v;)

WOW!! this journal is answering a lot of questions, i'm sure i wasnt the only one thinking them either. It will be interesting to see how ED's results come out. How is his data going to be posted,through you or in his own thread, being written through you?

To my understanding, Ed will be sending me pictures via email of his progress of which I can then post on the forums. I'm not sure if he will be posting them on his own page or not, but I do know that he plans on using this test for an upcoming book. I'm still working on the 300 word description he wanted me to create for the lights.

Sorry had to many windows open and remembered you saying Cree but looked back and you where talking about pro model that you may make in the future.

Do you have a link to the manufacture of the led's that you are using.. i must have searched hours looking for Semi. Reason i ask is that i would realy like to see the specs on high power royal blue led's (440nm dominate).

thanks.v;)

To my knowledge, this is Semi's page: Home | SemiLEDs

And Bridgelux is easy enough to find, but they don't really post any data online...

The 440nm looks almost purple in comparison to the 470nm which is a definite blue. You can see the difference with your naked eye, whereas the difference between the 640nm and 660nm LED's is much more difficult to see.

This is all so cool! I had several choices on how to Geek out on this, and you guys have a lot of them covered already, so I'll go slightly off topic (but already mentioned):

Shortwave radio, you know, the way people like Marconi talked around the world before the internet, satellite, or undersea cables - wireless, I think they called it - is very strongly influenced by the eleven year solar sunspot cycle. The changes in the intensity of the radiation coming from the sun interacts with the earth's magnetic field and upper atmosphere and effects the way some radio waves diffract through the upper layers of the ionosphere and return to earth to be received. sorry, but knowing that has paid my mortgage for a long time.

Anyway, so now I have to go and see if there are any associated spectral shifts in sunlight which track that eleven year cycle ...

I've been waiting for LED's for a long time, too. been disappointed once, so I'm looking forward to this very much.

LMAO, are you trying to imply sir, that a lady cannot learn how to pee standing up? It's a trick some of us are forced to learn in really dirty airports or bathrooms, where there are no toilet seats! It requires a certain level of skill and finesse lol, but I still don't think I could write my name ;)

Most women I know practice for weeks in their backyards before accomplishing the name writing technique. You'll have to leave the confines of a dirty bathroom stall to have the swaying freedom to write Cammie out.
Glad to see the gloves off after the two thread closures already this week...seems this lady likes to give it as much as she takes it! Hopefully with dishing out a little dough to the site the mods will do their jobs instead of lazy assin away!
:cheer:
BTW pistils can appear on clones at any time....at least I've seen them in veg stage.
I 'm thinking that putting your panels on some kind of rack that doesn't cover the fans would both make handling multiple lights better but have somewhere to tie the plants to for support. Your friends plants seem to be all over the place and not receiving the max benefit of the lights..

I was wondering because ED is using 3 318w that's a big footprint...if he might consider putting one of the panels vertical and parralel to the plants for larger lower growth since it's one of the features of these lights.

Are your Leds covered on your panel by a plastic cover ?, hard to see in the pics.

Hey :welcome: to 420 forums..

Now this conversation(most of it at least) has flown over my head to be honest in terms of terms of techy talk..

But what is the viewing angle? I'm aware it has somethin to do with the lens.. but umm what is it specifically and why is a smaller angle better?

I am definitely all about advancement of LEDS.. as I have seen first hand from grows of friends that it is really effective or veg but not as effective during flowering, making the price unjustifiable, so I would like to see LEDs progress, optimistically speaking.

Now, if Ed is doing his own independent study, why is he sending the pics to you for you to post? In which point you post the picture in a journal. That's seems a bit strange for an independant review of your product. You said 420 mag might start a grow w/ur product, how far are we from that? Id love to see soniq or 420 girl, or a respected grower like harry, race, beirie, using your product w/their own journal, its kinda hard difficult not questioning these pictures and authenticity when you are the middlewoman in a third party screening/testing of ur product. You have the privelidge of receiving all growing details such as pictures etc, and undoubtly the oppertunity to change if you were to feel like it. Not saying you are, but that the possibilty for you to, which for growers and already skeptics, maybe be enough to damage credibilty that you want to attain for your product

I hope you aren't taking the skepticism personally or feeling unwelcommingly flamed, it just that you're making claims that have been made before, so I hope u don't feel attacked by the questioning..

All in all I do hope to see some great healthy plants and I hope this grow answers a lot of unsettled questions that surround LEDs.

-Dro

This is all so cool! I had several choices on how to Geek out on this, and you guys have a lot of them covered already, so I'll go slightly off topic (but already mentioned):

Shortwave radio, you know, the way people like Marconi talked around the world before the internet, satellite, or undersea cables - wireless, I think they called it - is very strongly influenced by the eleven year solar sunspot cycle. The changes in the intensity of the radiation coming from the sun interacts with the earth's magnetic field and upper atmosphere and effects the way some radio waves diffract through the upper layers of the ionosphere and return to earth to be received. sorry, but knowing that has paid my mortgage for a long time.

Anyway, so now I have to go and see if there are any associated spectral shifts in sunlight which track that eleven year cycle ...

I've been waiting for LED's for a long time, too. been disappointed once, so I'm looking forward to this very much.

Thanks liederhaus I was thinking of the same question. I was a Ham for 30 yrs. Sun spots effect many things on earth, why not light? :Rasta:

Glad to see the gloves off after the two thread closures already this week...seems this lady likes to give it as much as she takes it! Hopefully with dishing out a little dough to the site the mods will do their jobs instead of lazy assin away!

The mods here are great actually. It's one of the reasons I like this forum. They are active, and respond quickly when alerted to a thread.

I was wondering because ED is using 3 318w that's a big footprint...if he might consider putting one of the panels vertical and parralel to the plants for larger lower growth since it's one of the features of these lights.

Are your Leds covered on your panel by a plastic cover ?, hard to see in the pics.

3, 318W panels have a maximum recommended footprint of 4' x 6', and Ed is using them in a 4' x 4' room. If he were using a whole bunch of 126W units instead of the 3, 318W's I'd tell him to place them all throughout the room with units on the walls, etc... And yes, the LED's are covered by plexiglass.

But what is the viewing angle? I'm aware it has somethin to do with the lens.. but umm what is it specifically and why is a smaller angle better?

1W LED's are not like a 400W or 1000W HID bulb. They are very bright light sources, but they lack the ability to carry light energy over long distances. Regardless of how many watts are on an individual panel, you need to look at the quality of light emitted by each individual LED. If you think of a flashlight beam on a wide angle from 10' away, the light is very dim and covers a large area. When you adjust the flashlight to a narrow beam, the light at 10' is much brighter, but the coverage area is smaller. As we are only using multiple 1W sources (and this doesn't change if you use 3W or 5W LED's, you just lose luminous efficacy), it doesn't make sense to try and make them deliver light to a large coverage area. Plants require light that is able to penetrate during bloom, and one area where most LED lights fall short is their ability to penetrate. We use a 60 degree LED to direct all available light downward at your plants, and to give the light enough intensity to carry out flowering comparable to HID. A 120 Degree gives you a larger area, but it also puts about 30-40% of the available light (not to mention dimmer light from each individual LED) at your walls where it is unused.

I am definitely all about advancement of LEDS.. as I have seen first hand from grows of friends that it is really effective or veg but not as effective during flowering, making the price unjustifiable, so I would like to see LEDs progress, optimistically speaking.

That's because they weren't using our LED's. I'm still scratching my head as to why other companies haven't figured out the simple design flaws behind LED, but maybe it's cause they're too concentrated on making money, instead of research. Our lights bloom great, as you can see here: Highly Impressive LED Bloom

Now, if Ed is doing his own independent study, why is he sending the pics to you for you to post? In which point you post the picture in a journal. That's seems a bit strange for an independant review of your product. You said 420 mag might start a grow w/ur product, how far are we from that? Id love to see soniq or 420 girl, or a respected grower like harry, race, beirie, using your product w/their own journal, its kinda hard difficult not questioning these pictures and authenticity when you are the middlewoman in a third party screening/testing of ur product. You have the privelidge of receiving all growing details such as pictures etc, and undoubtly the oppertunity to change if you were to feel like it. Not saying you are, but that the possibilty for you to, which for growers and already skeptics, maybe be enough to damage credibilty that you want to attain for your product

I am supposed to be speaking with 420Mag this upcoming week, about sending them lights to begin a review with. When things are finalized, I will let you know. As far as Ed goes, he's doing the study for his book (he sells a lot of them to make money) and for his own curiosity. The pictures will be featured on their website as well, if you are concerned about the authenticity of the ones I will be posting. If Ed decides to post them himself, I'll be the first to let you know. Why he's sending them to me for the time being, I'm unsure

The mods here are great actually. It's one of the reasons I like this forum. They are active, and respond quickly when alerted to a thread.

3, 318W panels have a maximum recommended footprint of 4' x 6', and Ed is using them in a 4' x 4' room. If he were using a whole bunch of 126W units instead of the 3, 318W's I'd tell him to place them all throughout the room with units on the walls, etc... And yes, the LED's are covered by plexiglass.

Is there a reason for that other then protection and wouldn't they work better without the plexy...I'm no scientist but doesn't the light lose something having to go through the plexi...what grows better something outside or behind a window?

Now, if Ed is doing his own independent study, why is he sending the pics to you for you to post? In which point you post the picture in a journal. That's seems a bit strange for an independant review of your product.

Personal opinion - More data is better than less data. It's reasonable to be skeptical in general and question everything - that's the scientific method. I'm looking forward to seeing Ed's work with this light, and I'll consider it as part of the total data set.

I don't know the arrangement w/Ed but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Ed gets a light if he agrees to use it and supply his results.

You said 420 mag might start a grow w/ur product, how far are we from that? Id love to see soniq or 420 girl, or a respected grower like harry, race, beirie, using your product w/their own journal, its kinda hard difficult not questioning these pictures and authenticity when you are the middlewoman in a third party screening/testing of ur product. You have the privelidge of receiving all growing details such as pictures etc, and undoubtly the oppertunity to change if you were to feel like it. Not saying you are, but that the possibilty for you to, which for growers and already skeptics, maybe be enough to damage credibilty that you want to attain for your product

There are a few things being discussed right now but here I'd beg for your patience because we're not yet in a possition to discuss any details.

Greets,

I am very interested in following your grow. However... My chief compaint is that THIS thread is more like a product marketing tool... product review.... product test - according to the originator of this thread...
This thread is to provide information, in a positive way, and to answer any questions that people have regarding my lights....
and it should be moved to the appropriate forum, because its really not a grow journal. The thread doesnt even follow the suggested/recommened format guideline of posting a grow journal.

Other than that... I am very interested in following a real grow journal on your led grow.

To my knowledge, this is Semi's page: Home | SemiLEDs

And Bridgelux is easy enough to find, but they don't really post any data online...

The 440nm looks almost purple in comparison to the 470nm which is a definite blue. You can see the difference with your naked eye, whereas the difference between the 640nm and 660nm LED's is much more difficult to see.

Well unfortunately I have looked into that company and the three listed companies that package there chips. The one that may have some good data (lite-on) there site seems to be broken.

I guess ill have to wait tell the trials are done to determine if I want to use your product.

Back
Top Bottom