126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

Is there a reason for that other then protection and wouldn't they work better without the plexy...I'm no scientist but doesn't the light lose something having to go through the plexi...what grows better something outside or behind a window?

The plexiglass it to prevent water from making contact with the LED's or the board. It is to make the lights more water resistent/humidity resistant. The plexiglass is very thin, but you will find it on every LED from the UFO to the 600W lights some people make.

I don't know the arrangement w/Ed but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Ed gets a light if he agrees to use it and supply his results.

Actually, at first I had no idea what the arrangement would be. I figured I'd have to send him the lights, and provide compensation for his testing with them, but when I spoke to him at Hempfest, all he wanted was for me to send the lights. It hasn't been discussed whether or not Ed will be keeping the lights at the end, but if he likes them, I have no issues with him doing so. As far as 420Mag goes, it could be several months before anything is underway, but we will make free lights available to them for testing as well when they are ready ;)

and it should be moved to the appropriate forum, because its really not a grow journal. The thread doesnt even follow the suggested/recommened format guideline of posting a grow journal.

Other than that... I am very interested in following a real grow journal on your led grow.
All respect to your opinion Storm,

I think what's key is the transparency. It's clear that this is our new sponsor demonstrating their product - during the bloom portion of the grow cycle. That's why we've decided to host the thread in the grow journals forum.

Somehow I forgot to include that information when forming my initial opinion.... apparently I don't have a keen eye for the obvious sometimes... :/ and would like to retract the initial statement and change my opinion, and respectfully suggest in light of the obvious... that perhaps this thread should be granted temporary 'sticky status' - atleast until the results of their grow are in - to help better serve both the advertiser and the community.

One thing you can do is to rate this thread 5 stars - will help it stand out and an important one not to miss to those members surfing around looking for a new one to subscribe to ;)

:surf:

So this is the first time I've ever run a fairly complete Humboldt Nutrients line on a bloom crop (not sure if experimenting is wise for a test, but I'm constantly experimenting), and during the first week one of the plants got nutrient burn a bit. This plant tends to be a lot less resistant to stress vs most others in my garden, which is why the other 3 are just fine. All of the roots however, are not at their optimal right now...

I just cleaned the system and decided to dial the nutes back a little this week to see if that helps them out any. Sometimes with hydro, less can be more depending on how your roots are handling it, and I think that will end up being the case here. Anyhow, I raised the light a few inches about 3 days ago, and tonight I raised it a bit more. It's current height is 9" above the tallest plants and 12" above the shorter ones. Raising the light will help them to stretch a bit more before they really begin to bud out. I also re-arranged the plants a little.

These pictures were taken 10-3-09:

DSC02163E.jpg

DSC02166E.jpg

I'm excited to get my own test going using your lights. I won't be able to get started till January though. I want to experiment around a little using fiber optic cable to penetrate light deeper into the plant.

I too am anxious to receive the lights as I've arranged to have them tested against a 1000w HPS and MH lights as soon as they arrive...hopefully by this coming weekend.
When you say deeper into the plant do you mean the lower branches?

I too am anxious to receive the lights as I've arranged to have them tested against a 1000w HPS and MH lights as soon as they arrive...hopefully by this coming weekend.
When you say deeper into the plant do you mean the lower branches?

yes down to the lower flowers. I'm thinking of bundling some fiber cut at different lengths had just hang them down into the plant and let the fan breeze sway them around. The stuff is pretty cheap now. Using LED should work well because you can put the receiving end right by the bulbs. May be a total waste of time but I'm always into trying some different things. If you've read my last journal I did fulvic acid, stinging nettle and girdling the plant in the end.

Let us know if you start a journal when you get the lights.

yes down to the lower flowers. I'm thinking of bundling some fiber cut at different lengths had just hang them down into the plant and let the fan breeze sway them around. The stuff is pretty cheap now. Using LED should work well because you can put the receiving end right by the bulbs. May be a total waste of time but I'm always into trying some different things. If you've read my last journal I did fulvic acid, stinging nettle and girdling the plant in the end.

Let us know if you start a journal when you get the lights.

That's one of the intruiging things about these lights. A smaller version (maybe 6-8" wide) would be ideal for hanging inbetween plants since they won't burn your plants and even have built in fans for circulation...all you would have to do is hang them from a rotating device.....Hey HGL, lets talk...LOL

That's one of the intruiging things about these lights. A smaller version (maybe 6-8" wide) would be ideal for hanging inbetween plants since they won't burn your plants and even have built in fans for circulation...all you would have to do is hang them from a rotating device.....Hey HGL, lets talk...LOL

Technology is changing rapidly. I was with some growers from N. CA a couple weeks ago and we were laughing at how primitive things were back in the 70's. Things are changing and progressing faster in the cannabis industry then in the computer industry! Hydroponics was primitive until pot growers got a hold of it. Probably proof positive that smoking weed gets the creative juices flowing like nothing else.

Silly question....Being around LED's for so long have you noticed any rejuvenation of your skin. Costco has been selling a ton of Blue LED lights for acne and Red LED lights to rejuvenate your skin. Apparently they work real well for that and other healing things.

LoL, nope I haven't noticed any skin changes, but then again I'm never directly under any LED light. I was thinking about making a red 660nm and IR panel like the ones they make for skin. We were also thinking of doing IR massagers and a few other things, since LED's really open the door for a lot of new products using light.

LoL, nope I haven't noticed any skin changes, but then again I'm never directly under any LED light. I was thinking about making a red 660nm and IR panel like the ones they make for skin. We were also thinking of doing IR massagers and a few other things, since LED's really open the door for a lot of new products using light.

Seems these threads are a bit of a snooze fest....unlike the ones that closed up...LOL

Alrighty, well week 2 is over and there have been some slight changes over the last few days. The main reason I haven't been posting more update pictures, is that the plants were stunted due to the nutes, and up until 3-4 days ago, hadn't begun vertical growth. I took some pictures a few minutes ago to show how they're doing now. Flowering has definitely been prolonged from the stress, as there would normally be clusters forming by now. The plants are a few inches taller, and are finally coming out of their BS with the Humboldt Nutes.

Today the Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice arrived, so I'll be switching out the Humboldt line to use it and Hornby's Big Bud instead. I'm very familiar with these two products, so I feel a lot more comfortable blooming with them now vs the Humboldt Line. The roots should be fully alive within a few days! The plants should also start growing at their usual rate, so I'll likely update more often ;) Sorry it's been a bit boring lol

DSC02200E.jpg

DSC02199E.jpg

HydroGrowLED,

I’d like to say that this is a very impressing post and your product indeed looks very hot!
(To bad I seeing it after my resent 2x UFO purchase I made).

I’m experimenting with LED only because temperature limitations I have.
I’m getting ready to start my garden using 2x 90W UFO quad band lights in area of 2’x3’ (20"x90").

I’ll be using the Botanicare Microgarden Aeroponic System.

I have two questions for you:

Is your current setup using the spray mist (areoponic) or the water is a flow like most of the ebb/flow?
How would you compare a single 126W unit of yours, to a 2x 90W quad band UFO in such a small space?

Thanks in advance for looking into my questions.

:rollit:DOXA:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom