18/6 light and early stage of flowering?

PimpinJohozafax

been gone for a week or so and my cousin was holding down the fort. Its been on 18/6 since the beggining and i just came back to see 2 of my more mature plants sprouting white hairs.......what do i do...i dont have another light do i just leave them under 18/6 untill i find the sex of the others....do i flip it to 12/12 even the thoe the others havent shown sex yet...

i am really confused havent encountered this before.....some one please help.

-PIMPIN

Re: 18/6 light...and early stage of flowering???

Alright thanks....so i just continue the same process, and wait untill i want to flower the other ones....before i switch to 12/12. I guess i have two garuanteed.

Do i switch over to flowering nutes or just up the dosage on the veg nutes?

And one more thing, how long can i keep in veg....before i have to switch it over to 12/12 because i wanted to see a lot more growth on the other plants, but i mean if i have to i will....what do you say?
-Thanks

-PIMPIN

I feed 'em veg ferts(high N) the first week in flower
If they are seedlings, then switch to flower ferts.
Clones go straight to flowering ferts.

I've kept Mother's from seed as long as 2 years in veg light :cheesygrinsmiley:
Pretty much as long as you want, without them dyin'.

Take clones and flower them.
If they(ones showin' preflowers) are showing preflowers
then they are more than likely female.
No need to clone for sex, clone for smoke :cheesygrinsmiley:

i thought i post some pics of an updated look at my grow.....

grow3-2_002pb.JPG

grow3-2_017pb.JPG

in the above pic you can see quite a difference in size from the four on the left and the four on the right....the four on the right are in mid size pots....i want to start flowering but i want to see some more growth in the smaller ones.....

what do you guys think....keep in mind i have 2 plants pre flowering...how much longer should i do. I alos want to do some sort of SCROG....any advice?

grow3-2_016pb.JPG

signs of pre flowering
grow3-2_004pb.JPG

all plants are on about "mid size" dosage i should move up to full next wattering...but when should i throw it in 12/12 i was thinking maxium another 1 to 2 weeks....sounds good?

-Pimpin

I used 24/7 on the first grow here for about 40 days, I think growth was way slow. But I didn't have much light at that stage, so it's hard to tell if it was light or lack of dark :)

I will stick to my 12/12 shorties for now, maybe veg one for an outside shade grow in Florida.

I germinate them and put them directly into the 12/12 room. But there are many ways to do it, just depends on how large you want the plants to get. Some will veg a week, 2-3 weeks then go 12/12. I don't clone yet, don't have the setup for it. I have been happy with the M/F ratio of my seeds so far so...

Alright thanks....so i just continue the same process, and wait untill i want to flower the other ones....before i switch to 12/12. I guess i have two garuanteed.

Do i switch over to flowering nutes or just up the dosage on the veg nutes?

And one more thing, how long can i keep in veg....before i have to switch it over to 12/12 because i wanted to see a lot more growth on the other plants, but i mean if i have to i will....what do you say?
-Thanks

-PIMPIN
Hi there I'm having the same problem my girls are only a few weeks old an yet 1 of them a super glue strain is showing preflowers but she is NOT even close to flower what do I do I'm running 18/6 light schedule will the one that showing preflowers stay in veg or will it continue to flower

Hi there I'm having the same problem my girls are only a few weeks old an yet 1 of them a super glue strain is showing preflowers but she is NOT even close to flower what do I do I'm running 18/6 light schedule will the one that showing preflowers stay in veg or will it continue to flower
Welcome @Tonkin420 !

Check the dates, this thread is from 2008. Best to start a new thread ;)

But the answer is it should continue to veg until you turn the lights to 12/12 !

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom