1st Attic Hydro Grow (pics)

^ Thanks for your concern bud, but I think I got that covered. I really went overkill on the insulation and drywall. Plus the way I have designed it there is about an 8 foot gap between the room and the outside wall where cool air will help dissipate any additional heat. My best friend and neighbor lives next door to me and is willing to help me "hide" the electricity. Also I just spent $2500 on an thermal imaging camera just so I can see what my house looks like under normal conditions and then when the grow room is in full operation. I think I've got every angle covered because that's the only way my girlfriend would even let me do it. I've got some more updated pics I will post in a day or so.

Wow dude you ain't playing around. Good luck 1qwkdsm. May the ganja gods be with you...

Thanks man, that really means a lot. I always figured if I do anything I'm going to do it right and to the best of my ability. Plus framing, hanging drywall, taping and painting is really nothing new to me so...Anyways here's a couple updated pics of what's been accomplished so far. I took the day off today to catch up on some things I need to get done because my weekend was lost due to some prior engagements I unwillingly committed to.

DSC000063.JPG

Stealth entrance

DSC000072.JPG

Stealth entrance exposed, still need a door though :/

DSC000512.JPG

Drywall going up!

DSC000026.JPG

Drywall and taping complete.

DSC000046.JPG

All primed and ready for paint!

Next I am going to custom build the trays for the veg and flowering rooms. then build the separating wall for the flowering room. I am still trying to think of a stealth door entrance to the room. Also my seeds arrived yesterday from attitude seeds. If anyone is looking to order some seeds use Attitude. Very fast shipping and discreet packaging. I highly recommend!:peace:

DSC000305.JPG

DSC000314.JPG

Hung the lights. I'm using 3 ballasts so far with 1 soft white and 1 grow bulb. I may add another light yet.
DSC000322.JPG

Finished the table. Table size is 8 feet long by 2 feet wide. I'm going to line it with 4 mil thick black plastic spray glued down. I'm still from from done, but it's starting to come together. Also I will be adding indoor/outdoor carpeting to the floor.

Carpeting is a lot harder to clean and take care of than a linoleum floor, is there any reason you are using indoor/outdoor carpet instead?

Also with the amount of time effort and money you are putting in, you should get rid of those flo's and get a couple MH and HPS lights.

The flooring I will be using is that green artificial turf stuff. I wanted to use that to help keep the warmth in because my garage is right below the grow room and I will be opening my garage a lot this winter to finish a car I am working on. As for the fluorescent lamps those are just for my veg room for the mothers and clones. I have an HPS for the flowering which is still under construction. I don't know though I may take you up on that and switch out those lights if it will do better for the plants.

Wow as much as your spending on supplies and the thermal imager and once you figure how much time you have into this it would have been easier and cheaper to buy one of the turn key grow boxes and just set it up in the basement. Most look like a big freezer or fridge and some are built on file cabinet designs as well. All are set up to where all you do is add watter and nutes and plug them in.
Nice build by the way.

Hi 1qwkdsm,
I have used both lights for growing and the plants love the MH better than the CFL's. But they still do well under the cfls, and the're cooler, for the most part, But when I added 2 65W to a large plant that was already under 2 65 CFLs (now four in that planter) I also have a 400w of mh in the same room but after the addition of the 2 other 65CFLs the room felt very warm. I didnt remmeber it being that warm before that. I know I should just get a thermometer. But I did add 2 small vornados (my best friend) and it helped alot.
I really am enjoying your building processes. It looks like a great place to grow hydro. I especially like the space doesnt look crowded. I really like being able to tend my plants from all sides. It seems as if you have transformed your attic to a dream growers room!!

Very nice job "clean",have you given any thought about plumbing?It really will save your backside for watering and waiste run off.:peace:

Hello there mate.

Looking very well thought out,clean and tidy so best wishes with ya grow m8 im really looking forward to following this :yummy:
Creamm.

Hey everyone. Thanks for all your kind words. I really appreciate it. I have finally completed the grow room. Everything I ordered is finally here and I am ready to start my grow. I would post some more pictures however my klutz of a girlfriend kinda broke my digital camera :thedoubletake: So no pics for now. Not to worry though I have sent it in for repairs and should have it back soon. I am ready to begin growing but can use some advice on how to get started. The strains I want to grow right now is G13 and Seedsman Hawaiian Skunk. I was thinking of just throwing them in a plastic cup in a warm dark spot and wait for them to crack. Anyone have any advice that may be better? Also after they crack should I just toss them into the 1.5"x1.5" rockwool cubes. I read somewhere that the rockwool should be treated in 5.3 PH water before I do this. Any advice from you experienced growers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yep, followed your advice and now have 5 baby plants coming up. Hopefully I'll have my cam back before they get too big so I can post some pics. Also I decided to grow some psilocybe cubensis for the hell of it. So far all 4 of my inoculated jars are showing some good growth with no signs of contamination. Is it against the rules to post pics of that here?

^ Thanks for your concern bud, but I think I got that covered. I really went overkill on the insulation and drywall. Plus the way I have designed it there is about an 8 foot gap between the room and the outside wall where cool air will help dissipate any additional heat. My best friend and neighbor lives next door to me and is willing to help me "hide" the electricity. Also I just spent $2500 on an thermal imaging camera just so I can see what my house looks like under normal conditions and then when the grow room is in full operation. I think I've got every angle covered because that's the only way my girlfriend would even let me do it. I've got some more updated pics I will post in a day or so.

You are the man!

hi 1qwkdsm
Good luck with your grows man,I have just a tiny (Can be disastrous) word of cautioun.
DO NOT let anyone touch your jars or breathe on them or anything!!!! Fungus is the most abundant life form on this planet and can contaminate you precious other fungal grow! Think of it, A perfect medium, this medium loves mold,fungus spores, slime and all other mildew or other fungus that is everywhere, and I mean everywhere! You culture anyones fingertips and you will grow mold. Keep that crop away from any well meaning or curious friends. ANd keep that bottle of purel handy for your own hands... But otherwise,, Good luck and hope all just thrives like you want it to..
Fineas
And your place is just great!!!!

Back
Top Bottom