1st DWC/Hempy Harlequin Joe - Pot of Gold - NYSD - BB - ATF '13

oh the "runty" branches.. dont worry they will get big time is all you need, do you test ph? oh and just think of it like this plants drink & eat just like us, it just so happens that the food (solids) are floating in the water (bowl of cereal) they pick out what they want ,when they want they eat like a picky woman (hmm i guess they are picky women) lol so just like a person can choose to drink the milk first or eat the berries before the flakes plants pick out what nutes they want, this is why you need to do periodic res changes the ppms may be right but not in balance,if you have a plant thats eating all the calcium ,you cant tell from a meter , you can top off the nutes but if its unbalanced you can get a def, or toxic level of something, make sense? lol

oh the "runty" branches.. dont worry they will get big time is all you need, do you test ph? oh and just think of it like this plants drink & eat just like us, it just so happens that the food (solids) are floating in the water (bowl of cereal) they pick out what they want ,when they want they eat like a picky woman (hmm i guess they are picky women) lol so just like a person can choose to drink the milk first or eat the berries before the flakes plants pick out what nutes they want, this is why you need to do periodic res changes the ppms may be right but not in balance,if you have a plant thats eating all the calcium ,you cant tell from a meter , you can top off the nutes but if its unbalanced you can get a def, or toxic level of something, make sense? lol

Yep, that's where my brain was shifting into after the first response, just takes a little to wrap my brain around it.

I like growing things, so the obsession starts there, and you're right, both big Pharma and a lot of Co-op/Compassion Clubs/Dispensaries charge street price or higher, which doesn't make sense since the street price jump, as those of use over 35 know, more than doubled to trippled as they cracked down on their WOD "war on BS, lol". When I was a teen, street cost was $20 p 1/8 and 35 - 40 p 1/4. Now it's $10 p/g and up. But it's not black market for medical, just don't make sense. And don't get me started on big pharma, @$$h0lE$. I've had migraines, fibro and insomnia since childhood and spent my life on chemical cocktails, switched every few months cause they weren't working, well unless you count me getting sicker and sicker and spending more and more money on meds that weren't helping. I finally took myself off of most of the meds except the occassional zofran when I can afford it and the cannabis doesn't help with the nausea. As a rule, the cannabis has made it a lot more bearable and my girl and I will continue to experiment with strains until we find the right ones for us.

I want to start breeding as well, but one thing at a time. LOL... new lights come next week or early the week after, tent # 1 a few weeks later, etc. I'd like to get both light and tent this month, but the outside garden needs some of that excess income as well, otherwise tomatoes will fall, beans will wobble, squash, cucumbers and melons will be all over the place... also need some diatamaceous earth and need to find the best, low cost, organic, beat up tent catapillars, blight/mold on peppers and spider mites this payday and a few seeds for out there. Since those plants feed us, can't ignore them, lol... I love gardening when I can move through the pain, it's so damned rewarding and after the hard part of establishing is done, it's relaxing to me.

No worries on the novella sized posts, I can, have and sometimes tend to to so as well... Rune can pontificate quite expansiveley on topics of interest or too much smoke, lol.

thanks again BID, you rock.

p.s. some of those tiny braches did start moving up a bit during the dark period and early light period this morning :)

yeah ive got to get some time in on the greenhouses many veggies are in need of transplant, ,containers need seedlings thinned all need food & tea etc etc and pics for the outdoor off topic journal, i got to the point im at with the indoor garden a month at a time,saving up, and so forth, fortunatly the birds provide good base fertilizer,that saves $, no soapbox this time im gonna get busy if i can handle the heat, 88f in my bedroom with ac at full crank! scared to see outside !

yeah ive got to get some time in on the greenhouses many veggies are in need of transplant, ,containers need seedlings thinned all need food & tea etc etc and pics for the outdoor off topic journal, i got to the point im at with the indoor garden a month at a time,saving up, and so forth, fortunatly the birds provide good base fertilizer,that saves $, no soapbox this time im gonna get busy if i can handle the heat, 88f in my bedroom with ac at full crank! scared to see outside !

Yeah, I understand, I left the south for the pacific northwest because I can't take the heat anymore and felt a deep desire to be somewhere this lush and beautiful. I wouldn't want to head outside when the A/C can barely keep it below 90 inside.

Yeah, love the outside gardening too, but when you're sick or the weather is bad, it can be a less enjoyable, to say the least. Luckily, my veggies are all in ground or container, except for a few more seed potatoes and the second sowing on carrots, for now anyway, so I just have to fight mold with all the rain we've had, lol.

Thanks and welcome Coloradical. It'll be nice to be a couple months into the future and have the other lights and tents up, but I'll keep trucking along. I actually really love doing this, it's a fun task to work at, soothing and satisfying, so I don't see myself stopping again. Experimenting with growing methods, yeah, but I don't see myself ever giving up growing now that I've started, lol. It is addicting :yikes::drool::biglaugh:

The girls in the tent are drinking more nutes than they are water, but that's cool. I check the res ppm and ph at least once a day and just adjust if needed. They've all grown a bit over the last day and the healthiest seedling grew at least and inch and a half, I had to move him between the lights since the others are shorter and would be adversely affected by raising the light.

Here are a few pics from today.

Blueberry's little vestigal branches started growing last night:
IMG_20130610_205115.jpg

NYSD really bushed a bit on it's leaf growth overnight:
IMG_20130610_205105.jpg

Girlscout Cookies is moving slowly, but is growing:
IMG_20130610_204356.jpg

ATF gettin a tiny bit bigger:
IMG_20130610_204349.jpg

And the the bigger girls, Pot of Gold with Harlequin Jo behind her:
IMG_20130610_204341.jpg

The experimental seedlings:
IMG_20130610_204535.jpg

The canopy as it sits in the hydro box:
IMG_20130610_204458.jpg

And the tallest seedling with the most leaves:
IMG_20130610_204057.jpg

I can't wait to get my new lights, LOL.

I know the feelin BID. I grew up between Lousianna and Florida, but as I got older and the migraines and fibro got worse, I just could not handle the heat. My tolerance went down further and further. Now, I'm uncomfortable at much above 80f unless there's a good breeze. Hence moving up north, that and I love the PNW mountains and woods, they're so lovely and peaceful.

I can understand that, but it's better for my migraines and you're right, easier to be creative when you're not roasting alive and trying not to be blinded from dawn til dusk. My girl and I want to look at Alaska as well, but we're loving NW Washington right now. Mellow and cool. I'm having to learn about outdoor gardening in this odd (to my experience) climate, but it's all good and I enjoy both gardening and learning :)

Howdy fellow NWtener. Your grow is starting to look good and at the rate you are going it will be totally under control real soon. you have a lot of plants. I did the same and still do but it can be a pain at times. I have 2 tents and a greenhouse so it's getting easier to have them. the NW is a great place for mild weather but it does get gloomy here. I'm about ready to retire and when I do I'm moving to where the sun shines a lot more. Have a good weed evening

Thanks beemerbill. Yeah, I'm cobbling it together, one month at a time, lol. I moved up here to the PNW because of the mild weather and gloom, lol.... all the cloudy days are soooo much easier on my migraines. I was in FL for years and that amount of sunlight destroyed my head, unfortunately. I can understand though, there are times when it can get a bit dreary when you have weeks of literal, non-stop drizzle.

LOL, I can understand that. I remember the first time I visited Vegas for DefCon years ago and they had monsoons roll through. I couldn't believe how fast it flooded, then how many people thought driving across 4'+ deep floodwaters would be fun. *shakes head slowly* Got to see it at least once a year when I would have to go to Phoenix for work. When it's as hot and dry as it is in the southwest, monsoon season is definitely a wonderous thing.

I like the northwest, doesn't dry out for the most part. Of course, it presents other challenges, but then again, where doesn't? LOL.

KingJohnC - I'll be doing a full update later if our internet doesn't die, it's flaky right now. I lost one clone that I didn't think would make it. It was one of those times when a dwarf branch was choking another, so I tried to clone it. The 2 I moved to the mini-hempy-ladybug container still seem to be doing ok and the roots are getting longer.

BID - I'll trade you... We keep getting days of rain each time I think I've saved my outside peppers and tomatoes. This is my first year trying to garden outside in the pacific northwest and it has been a learning experience. I think I'm going to explore Hempy Heirloom tomatoes inside soon, lol.

Update time. Everything is still alive, which is good, lol. Actually, everything seems to be doing just fine. My plants in the DWC seem to still want more nutes than water, but everyone is growing, can't wait for the new light. All of the seedlings are still alive, which is a good thing. I have that one that sprouted a couple weeks after the other that just wasn't growing at all, so I pulled and checked and the peat starter block had it root bound, so I tried to rescue it by dropping into a small, makeshift hempy, after removing the peat as gently as possible and it's resting in a south facing window sill for natural light. I don't think it'll make it, but we will see.

I lost 2 of the clones which I thought were too small when I took the cuttings, but they needed to be removed anyway, so I figured "why not try and root them", but the stem was too small and collapsed and went brown on 2, so they were piched. The 2 original clones I cut that weren't doing so good in rockwool originally were moved into the bubble cloner when it was built and they formed roots, so they got moved over to the NICU hempy for now, lol. I have another cutting starting to show root nubs in the cloner, I think it's the blueberry, which is surprising because that was another small, small cutting that I figured "why not try" on and it looks likely. I also have a cut from Harlequin Jo in a green pill bottle from a local dispensary with some water just to see how that does.

I did lower the water slightly in the bubble cloner and try to adjust the height the stems were at so they were just getting bubble spray and this "seems" to have helped. I think filling and distancing will be much easier when I rebuild it using collars and net pots, lol.

I should have the new light by the end of next week and also a solid plan on that "closet" as far as venting and ensuring it's light block for flowering as well, then a few weeks later my girl is planning to order me a tent :high-five:

Now a few pics from yesterday:
Pot of Gold
potofgold-06132013.jpg

Harlequin Jo # 2
harlequinjo2-06132013.jpg

Girlscout Cookies
girlscout-06132013.jpg

Blueberry
blueberry-06132013.jpg

ATF
ATF-06132013.jpg

Side view
IMG_20130613_180832.jpg

IMG_20130613_180827.jpg

Canopy
IMG_20130613_182133.jpg

IMG_20130613_182125.jpg

Seedlings:
IMG_20130613_182224.jpg

IMG_20130613_182228.jpg

IMG_20130613_182203.jpg

IMG_20130613_180712.jpg

IMG_20130613_180818.jpg

IMG_20130613_180703.jpg

IMG_20130613_180653.jpg

THe McGuyvered light, for now:
IMG_20130612_165314.jpg

And some temporary residents:
surprise_visitors-06132013.jpg

Tomatoes and Peppers for inside. I'll put them under the T5 as soon as a replacement light is in. Today 3 of the blocks of tomatoes are stretching hard up from the cubes, but no new pics yet.

Back
Top Bottom