1st Grow GC - DWC - LED - Indoor 2017

Quick update. My girls are up around 13 CM now and doing well. The Skunk side of Green Crack comes out early so don't kid yourself about stealth growing and a cheap filtration system with this strain. Tomorrow will be the end of the 3rd week and i figure at this rate she will be ready for flower the end of next week. Got an EC/PPM meter and that just makes things easier and a lot more fun. Watching my girls eat and drink digitally is a nerdy science pleasure i never knew i needed. My PH meter also arrived and last night after i calibrated, i checked my water and then used General Hydro PH drops and those drops were spot on. If you do not have a bunch of $$$$ but want to test, the GH drops are a good way to go. My roots are filling the entire 3 gallon basin and are a lovely white color. The PH (6.4) has been stable for 3 days and there is no slime or funk at all which is a first for the end of its 7 day cycle. Of course all of this makes me nervous and i am waiting for something catastrophic to happen. I am going to change solution tonight and give the roots an air bath, will post pics tonight.

Guage

Hey Gauge, how are things. Your ladies are looking good. Is this your first grow and your doing the DWC ?? Fair play man!! I was considering going hydro on my last one but I bottle at the last min haha. I'm 100% committed now though, this soil growing is messy as hell and flushing is a nightmare.

You seem to have everything nicely under control. Do you get much noise from that DWC system ? I'm in the middle of researching a system now. I need a 2x 9 pot system or and 18 pot system that will fit in a 2x 1.2m2 area. Was looking into the IWS flood and drain seems pretty automated so that's good for me .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Gauge, how are things. Your ladies are looking good. Is this your first grow and your doing the DWC ?? Fair play man!! I was considering going hydro on my last one but I bottle at the last min haha. I'm 100% committed now though, this soil growing is messy as hell and flushing is a nightmare.

You seem to have everything nicely under control. Do you get much noise from that DWC system ? I'm in the middle of researching a system now. I need a 2x 9 pot system or and 18 pot system that will fit in a 2x 1.2m2 area. Was looking into the IWS flood and drain seems pretty automated so that's good for me .

Yes Sir, this is my first attempt at growing but it turns out it is great therapy and so i have taken this to a whole new level. It kind of went from "all i need to do is throw some seeds in there and turn it on!" to one last check before i go to bed and if i wake up to pee at night i might as well check on them. :morenutes: By the quality of your work i am sure you understand my new level of interest. :bravo:
My rig is quite enough to have inside a closet for sure. I hung the air pump by a very small diameter bungee as i learned from the forums here ensuring that it or the air hose didn't touch anything and that made a huge difference. The only issue is the inline fan i am running. My box is set up in my utilities room to take advantage of the free CO2 from my Gas AC/Heater and Water heater so noise isn't that big of a deal for me. If you had an attic placing the fan and exhaust in the attic would solve any fan noise issues. I also drain the water produced from the AC/heater into a bucket as that water is nothing more than condensation from the exhaust pipe going up into then out of the roof. PH is a little low at 4.5%. I don't use it for my plants yet but my azaleas seem to love it. I am too chicken to use it for my girls. Probably will try to clone and once it takes root i will try that water. PPM/EC look good, but hell PPM of what? Copper? Lead? Maybe someone knows.

Keep on keeping on D!
Guage

Looks great!

I too went with a DWC for my first grow ever, I have actually never grown in soil! I love the results I have been getting, and really enjoy the maintenance of a Hydro setup.

I would definitely not use that water if it is 4.5, that is far too low and will cause you issues in the long run. Your plants will have a really hard time absorbing nutrients at that level. You really want to keep it around 5.5-6 for Hydro. I would stick with destilled water. It's cheap, at 88 cents for 4L, add your nutes, CalMag, and any other supplements you need. No checking pH all the time. I check once every few days to be sure, and change the reservoir every week. I have never had pH issues, ever.

Roots look nice and shiny, clean, keep those healthy and your half way there!

Keep it up!

You can always buffer ph with PhUP or PhDOWN juice. I use general hydroponics, it's cheap.

420-magazine-mobile1114855790.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can always buffer ph with PhUP or PhDOWN juice. I use general hydroponics, it's cheap.

420-magazine-mobile1114855790.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
While I agree, this is definitely an option, if his water is super alkaline or super acidic, it would be best to start with better water to begin with. If you are adding 15-20 drops of adjustment each gallon, your water is likely to cause other issues as well.

DemeterCeres' CFL DWC Grow

Turned 49 last week. Celebrated. :roorrip: Decided to clean up my folders and delete the journals that have gone south or inactive. Yeah I deleted mine. :yikes: Found my journal again from those of you that subbed. :thanks:
Water change and clean tonight. Will post pics. Will need advice as far as timing flower flip. One more week? or flip at five weeks?
Peace!
Guage

Today's the day. Fresh solution last night and temps are looking good. 12-12 is a go.
It takes a village fo sho'.
Thanks to all for the continued support and encouragement.

420-magazine-mobile1593168066.jpg
420-magazine-mobile701424160.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1878909466.jpg

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Great job Gauge. Ladies are looking good. My last Ines stretched after a week in flower and man did they stretch lol. Not bad though provided you have the height. I have some side beaches now that think they are the tops so I'm seeing some huge colas .

Great job Gauge. Ladies are looking good. My last Ines stretched after a week in flower and man did they stretch lol. Not bad though provided you have the height. I have some side beaches now that think they are the tops so I'm seeing some huge colas .

I am worried about headspace, and pending vacation in June or else I would have left them one or two more weeks in veg and Scroged. I want to make sure I have plenty of time to cure and make quality smoke over quantity.

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Dwc is the one! I've got the iws 36 pot love it 4 pots under 600w hps and 600w Leds. Ridiculous results and hassle free

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom