1st Grow GC - DWC - LED - Indoor 2017

I started doing something during nute change/cleaning. And it seems to buffer the "recovery". When I pull my girl out the lid to clean I put her into a nice clean fresh cold water cup/ bucket. So when I'm cleaning the roots aren't just hanging in the air, plus the clear water seems to help wash off some solids that collect on the root ball. Every nute change this cycle has shown new happy growth within a day or so.

You look right on track though, it will continue to fill in a fatten up as the time flys.

420-magazine-mobile1581849329.jpg

After being away for the weekend, this is what I found. I think it's Cal deficiency. I have been pushing the lights closer and closer while in flower.

The nutes or specifically Cal is not keeping up. Plus it's happening from the top down. Newest growth first. Apparently Cal is all about cell wall protiens​ and stuff. So when the Cal is missing, the thinnest most vulnerable walls break down first.
My first reaction was to change the Rez and back off on the nutes out of panic.
I reconsidered and reminded myself that this is a deficiency and that my plant needed more.
Since my plant shows no other signs of nute over under, I upped the nutes to near 98% from 96%
Well there it is. My Rubicon. If I fail it's because I read it all wrong.
I am confident because of all your great journals and help along the way.
As always your opinions and help are always appreciated.
Gauge

420-magazine-mobile1581849329.jpg

After being away for the weekend, this is what I found. I think it's Cal deficiency. I have been pushing the lights closer and closer while in flower.

The nutes or specifically Cal is not keeping up. Plus it's happening from the top down. Newest growth first. Apparently Cal is all about cell wall protiens​ and stuff. So when the Cal is missing, the thinnest most vulnerable walls break down first.
My first reaction was to change the Rez and back off on the nutes out of panic.
I reconsidered and reminded myself that this is a deficiency and that my plant needed more.
Since my plant shows no other signs of nute over under, I upped the nutes to near 98% from 96%
Well there it is. My Rubicon. If I fail it's because I read it all wrong.
I am confident because of all your great journals and help along the way.
As always your opinions and help are always appreciated.
Gauge
What you say makes sense to me! But then I am not one to know any better. I know you'll be reading through related threads to reassure yourself, but you can have mine anyway.

My nutes have a cal/mag that is seperate from from the other nutes. While researching early on I read quite a bit that you can't really "over " cal/mag. But that doesn't mean do it. Just means you can start adding some to your mix without worrying too much about over nute burn or something.

The signs of the deficiency won't go away, only will stop in new growth once you get the balance. So understand it will continue to look bad, but only on that set of leafs.

My nutes have a cal/mag that is seperate from from the other nutes. While researching early on I read quite a bit that you can't really "over " cal/mag. But that doesn't mean do it. Just means you can start adding some to your mix without worrying too much about over nute burn or something.

The signs of the deficiency won't go away, only will stop in new growth once you get the balance. So understand it will continue to look bad, but only on that set of leafs.
Thanks P. Called my nute co. They took all my Info and so e pics and sent it to their lab. Waiting for the scientist to get back to me. Any calmag laying around my house and j just don't know it? Epsom salt perhaps?

420-magazine-mobile1890217034.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2079308268.jpg

This is my cal/mag, has the active ingredient list. Maybe see if anything fits that

Now you got me wondering, so I grabbed my Epsom salts. It shows its use as a fertilizer on the bag, but the ingredients are a bit different. Has sulfur In it.

420-magazine-mobile1081364127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile980043098.jpg

LED light burn. The scientist said the leaves basically got sunburned..
She said my pH was high at 6.2.
I guess it makes sense as Rifleman sent me a chart of mobile nutes and Cal and Mag were both mobile.
If it where a deficiency it would start from the bottom up. Not top down.
Fingers crossed.

So I went in and checked. The leaves directly under​neath the very top affected ones are not discolored however the ones exposed to the light below are affected. Meaning the ones in the shade are fine. Phwew.

Great customer support from the guys and gals at RX Green Solutions.

Gauge

I guess it makes sense as Rifleman sent me a chart of mobile nutes and Cal and Mag were both mobile.
Fingers crossed.

Hey Guage just getting caught up. Nice catch on the light burn and pH. It's great to have the aftercare there with the nute manufacturer. I have been onto advanced nutrients a few times with newbie question but in fairness to them they responded within 30mins to 1hr every time which is pretty good as im in Ireland and they are based in the US I think.

Fingers crossed.

For my sanity, what height did it burn at? Meaning how far above your plant was the LED? This is where I always get stuck when I think of putting a bigger led in my box, I don't think I can get out of the "sunburn" zone in my current box.

For my sanity, what height did it burn at? Meaning how far above your plant was the LED? This is where I always get stuck when I think of putting a bigger led in my box, I don't think I can get out of the "sunburn" zone in my current box.
3-4 inches from the top bud. . . . . I figured if it wasn't hot on my hand, it wouldn't hurt the plant. Wrong!
420-magazine-mobile2003708386.jpg

You can clearly see the undamaged foliage when I hold aside the damaged ones.

You also can see the few new leaves on the very growth on top are undamaged.
I won't go below 12" again.

Gauge

Good morning all. All sunny and happy here in the Mid west. Gonna do some planting today. Shade tolerant wild flower mix and some blooming betty's (impatiens). Mulch, Much Mulch. On the Bean this morning(coffee) but first :volcano-smiley:
WAKE AND BAKE BITCHES!​
Gauge is on the loose!
Have a great and awesome day, cause you all are great and awesome!

Gauge

420-magazine-mobile296697127.jpg

Getting ready for the warm days..
Anybody ever mess with these mini water coolers?
Gauge

Hey gauge this is interesting! Is it too cool lights or incoming air? Really interested. I always thought I needed a chiller in order to cool a grow with water and a fan. Was looking into something like this heavily as it would be cheaper then air conditioning.

Hey gauge this is interesting! Is it too cool lights or incoming air? Really interested. I always thought I needed a chiller in order to cool a grow with water and a fan. Was looking into something like this heavily as it would be cheaper then air conditioning.
It's a water chiller. It's missing a pump. The white square is a thermo chip. One side is hot, the other is cold. Hot has heat sink the other has that little water tank. The only issue I see is the tank is Alu. Thinking about thermo pasting the chip to the bottom of glass jar.
Pump to draw out of Rez Into a glass vessel chilled by thermochip out of jar back into Rez. Hmmmmm. Saw this on you tube under water chiller. Comes from the computer world. Used to cool overclock'ed cpu's. I know salts and AL isn't good.

Back
Top Bottom