1st Grow Journal

You need to be in a class room teaching!
I loved the novel lol.
And yes my mollases is unsulphured grandmas brand
I definelty dont want to mess up my crop so I hope your here to keep me from making any mistakes
So far I will be transplanting into roots organic soil and only using fresh water for first 3 to 4 weeks ive never heard about the fungi or other stuff to dust the roots how would I go about doing that and im going to start a batch of soil that you recommend so let me know wat to add to it as for the tea I now know I wont be feeding the plant! Great info brother keep it up I can really use the help I dont want to go back to that synthethic stuff so watever u recommend me to do this run im going to do it lol I want the perfect harvest

Glad You LIke The Novel Lol! And In Regards To The Mycos

You need to be in a class room teaching!
I loved the novel lol.
And yes my mollases is unsulphured grandmas brand
I definelty dont want to mess up my crop so I hope your here to keep me from making any mistakes
So far I will be transplanting into roots organic soil and only using fresh water for first 3 to 4 weeks ive never heard about the fungi or other stuff to dust the roots how would I go about doing that and im going to start a batch of soil that you recommend so let me know wat to add to it as for the tea I now know I wont be feeding the plant! Great info brother keep it up I can really use the help I dont want to go back to that synthethic stuff so watever u recommend me to do this run im going to do it lol I want the perfect harvest

Glad you like the novel brother lol!
And in regards to the mycorrhizal fungi, check this link out:Mycorrhiza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The info there is too good for me to even attempt to paraphrase!
There are several types of mycorrhizal fungi that you can buy tho!
I've had success with the cheapest brand which is this: Rooters Mycorrhizae (1lb) | Planet Natural, but I upgraded to something a little more expensive for once to see if I notice a difference, which is this:Great White.
The only difference is that the new product is just a little more diverse.
To use it you simply dust your roots with it at transplant time. These spores need to come into contact with living roots within 24 hours to germinate and get to work supposedly. You can also use it in water, and water it into your soil, but if you use it during transplant you pretty much guaranteed colonization of the roots.

As for the soil mix, if you want to go out an buy a few things that will help you out for sure, start with Kelp Meal and mycorrhizae fungi! And I'd even go as far as to say wait to transplant until you have some(mycos)! You should notice a difference immediately if you do so. Also some compost or some Alaska Humus will do you a solid! The higher your humus content, the higher the CEC in your soil!

Everything else that you have in the pictures you posted will do for sure.
Let me know what you're thinking in regards to your soil mix!
If you wanna go out an buy whatever I can give a few suggestions.
If you wanna buy the bare minimum and use the things you already have, that'll work too!
Just let me know and we can go from there.
Speak tomorrow at some point!

:peace: & blessings

Ps, I'll be around for sure! I just started my journal here so I'm going no where fast!

Proper you seem to know your organics. You saw my recipe...anything you would change/add? Like most everyone I hijacked it from someone else and have tweaked it with my own shit. (not literally lol) Seems to work good so far. I had to add the cal-mag because I would get Mg def. from the distilled water lack of salt. Is Cal-Mag bad to use in organics? If so what can be used organically instead?

Sounds Like A Plan! And I'm On My Way Back To Your Thread Teldren. Speak Soon!

I want to use what I have but im willing to spend a few bucks on whatever I need!

Ok well do you think you can grab some Alfalfa Meal and some Kelp Meal?
Both are plant based and fairly mild, but excellent in terms of what they bring to the table.

Alfalfa Meal contains proteins, enzymes, amino acids, minerals, and a few other valuable things.
Both add growth hormones to your mix, while the Kelp Meal also mineralizes your mix at the same time, providing you with a slew of trace minerals, or all of the "micros" that you need.
I use it double time in my mixes for that reason, and have so every mix I've made except my first one maybe.
It's also a great source for Potash.

I used to mix a lot of different things into my soil in order to obtain diversity in the ecosystem but I've gradually simplified by using things that serve more than one purpose, and still have had excellent results.
I've tried to get away from all of the animal products too, but the guanos are just too good to use, and they also serve more than one purpose in the soil as they as some minerals and act as a nematicide, keeping predatory nematodes at bay.

Also, some good compost or better yet, some Alaska Humus if you can get that.
It's not too pricey and will go a long way since you can use it over and over again, as well as in your compost teas. This is basically SUPER OLD compost/forest litter so to speak, so it's jammed pack full of the beneficial microorganisms which help to convert your guanos, and meals to plant usable nutrients.
This also helps stabilize the pH and lock those nutrient up in your soil, so that they don't leach out when you water, and so that they're there when you plants ask for them. The higher the humus content in your soil, the higher you soils cation exchange capacity. This simply mean the more nutrients you soil can hold.
Over time if you take care of the soil it will increase of nutrient concentration, so you can use it over and over again, adding less and less each time you re-use it, until you barely have to add anything for it to remain productive! This is the main bonus of organics!

If you can get the Alaska Humus, Kelp, and Alfalfa let me know and we'll go from there!
If not, you can surely get buy with everything that you have and we'll just go from there.
The recipe is pending, depending on whether or not if you can get these few things!
Speak Soon

20140222_231849.jpg
20140222_231858.jpg

The Shopping Cart! & Good Morning!

Ok so first thing in the morning im getting kelp meal and alfa meal and some great white

Anything else?

Very nice! & Good morning brother!

If you can source some good compost or vermicompost locally, that'd be something you definitely want as well. You would do equally fine with some Alaska Humus if you can find that, so either or, but I definitely suggest getting one of the three. I've stated why in previous posts!

Rooters Mycorrhizae has worked good for me previously, so if you want to save a few bucks you can go after that, or even the Plant Success brand. There are several different brands of mycorrhiza out there, so I wouldn't get too caught up with which specific brand, as long as you can get one of them.

Neem Oil and Diatomaceous Earth are good for the plants in terms of organic "pesticides/insecticides" so to speak.
So those are a couple things you might want to have around just in case. But if you don't anticipate having any problems in that regard, you don't need them.
Neem is something that your plants uptake systematically, and it F's up the pests reproductive systems so that they can't reproduce, and makes the plants unattractive to them as well, so its a good thing to have. Also make the leaves look nice and shiny which makes for plants that are really nice to look at lol. You can also get Neem Cake, or Neem Meal to mix into your soil, and your plants will take it up via that route.

The D.E is like little shards of glass which cut into their(pests) exoskeletons and dehydrate them upon contact.
It's also high in Silica content, so it's good to mix some into your soil as well. You want ONLY the food grade variety. Not the pool grade sort.

And lastly, if you want to go all out you can grab some Rock Dust or Azomite, or this product that I'm now using called Excelerite, which is simply some mineral enrichment for your soil.
Kelp meal will serve that purpose as well(mineralize your soil), so if you don't want to get any of these things it's not a must. Just a good idea. Excelerite is newer so it's a bit more pricey and im not sure how good it is since this is my first time using it. It seems to be doing the job right now tho, but glacial rock dust and Azomite I've both used with success a few times before.
If you have a rock quarry near you, you can also ask them for some granite screenings, and usually get it for free!

But that's all that I see that you missing, or could definitely use brother.
I hope you find all that you need to, so that you can get started on the soil ASAP!
It needs to sit for at least three weeks after you mix it, so that that microorganisms in your soil can make slight work of everything that you add, turning it from soil amendments to plant ready food!

:peace: & Blessings

Dude your an organic guru. Glad to come across you bro. Valuable information that would take someone years to learn through trial and error. This site kicks ass! :thanks:
Reps your way.

Guru! HA! I Wish! If I'm A Guru, You Must Be Too! Your Plants Should Be Models!

Dude your an organic guru. Glad to come across you bro. Valuable information that would take someone years to learn through trial and error. This site kicks ass! :thanks:
Reps your way.

Thanks for that last comment brother!
But Guru, HA!
I'm not even close lol! Just scratching the surface!
The gurus are the ones that started me on this path haha!
Hopefully in maybe 5-10 more years I can comfortably say yeah haha, I'm a guru as I'll have put the hours in lol, but for now I'm just racking em up!

Organics is so simple once you get the idea of how to build a good soil and make it tick, that it makes us all look great lol!
We don't have to mix nutes to feed, or pH, or any of that lol. So with all the time I save not pHing, mixing nutes, and feeding, or in the hydro store, I read and creep around all the forums to see what others are doing, and why they're doing what they're doing, rather than just emulating what I see blindly you know?!

But looking at your plants, you have A LOT to be proud of yourself brother!
And you'll only get better! So keep it up! I too am glad that I made it to this forum finally after like 5 others haha! It's really irie around here! Also a lot of different things that I haven't seen before, so I know that I've come to the right place to continue/further my learning!

Thanks again brother!

Ok so I went to the local grow shop today and picked up 5 bags of roots organic and some white widow for my mycorrhizal fungi they didnt have kelp meal or alfalpha meal or the humus so most likely im going to have to order it online. Ill be transplanting tomorrow how much of the fungi should I dust on the roots.

Very Nice Brother! Just Keep In Mind That Time Is Money!

Ok so I went to the local grow shop today and picked up 5 bags of roots organic and some white widow for my mycorrhizal fungi they didnt have kelp meal or alfalpha meal or the humus so most likely im going to have to order it online. Ill be transplanting tomorrow how much of the fungi should I dust on the roots.

Very nice brother! Just Keep in mind that time is money and that you need to sit the soil for at least three weeks after you mix it, before you use it! I go a month just to be safe!
Mixing it up and using it without letting it sit first would be a BIG mistake! You'll have all kinda problems initially!
And maybe if you can find a local garden center you'll have better luck finding these things, versus a hydro store or a grow store where you can buy cannabis related items from!
Amazon is good as well brother!
Nice in picking up the mycos, which are crucial in the garden, and good luck in finding everything else ASAP!
With the mycos, a little goes a LONG way. Anything from a tsp to a tbsp would be fine.
I don't measure really, I just sprinkle it around the rootball of the seedling, and the area where I'll be transplanting to! I don't use a whole lot tho!

:peace: & Blessing.

I also already have the neem oil.
As for the other stuff im ordering it tonight so ill have it within the week.
The clones that are ready now will just be sprinkled with the fungi and put in roots organic with nothing added. I should have plenty of time to have the soil ready for the next bach tho. Then ill put the clones under the 2 thousand watt hps for a couple days then ill switch it to flower. Nothing but fresh water for 3 to 4 weeks. Should I be worried about checking the ph of water at all? Also should I top dress any of the plants with any of my guanos or earthworm castings when I transplant?

The First Few Weeks

I also already have the neem oil.
As for the other stuff im ordering it tonight so ill have it within the week.
The clones that are ready now will just be sprinkled with the fungi and put in roots organic with nothing added. I should have plenty of time to have the soil ready for the next bach tho. Then ill put the clones under the 2 thousand watt hps for a couple days then ill switch it to flower. Nothing but fresh water for 3 to 4 weeks. Should I be worried about checking the ph of water at all? Also should I top dress any of the plants with any of my guanos or earthworm castings when I transplant?

For the 1st few weeks you don't need to give them anything like I said before, but you can top dress them with worm castings without worry about having any issues for sure! I'd go ahead and do it! But I wouldn't use the guanos just yet. Worm castings are really mild, but plant ready. The guanos need to be composted before use.

As for the pH of your water, it shouldn't matter.
If you're using water from the tap you should be sure that wherever you are isn't using chloramines to treat the water, because that chemical doesn't gas off the way that chlorine does.
Once you're sure that there are no chloramines being added to your water supply to treat it, you can use it without worrying about its pH.
You have to let it sit out uncovered for at least 24 hrs so that the chlorine can gas off.
Chloramines and Chlorine will kill off large portions of the beneficial microbes in your soil, so you don't want to introduce either of these chemicals to them.

What I used to do is fill up 1gal water jugs and let them sit for a few days at least before I used them. Right after I watered my plants I would fill them up and let them sit with the top off until the next watering.
If using purified or R/O water, you're good to go from the bottle!

Ps, Use the Neem oil VERY sparingly! Like every other week MAX!
If you use it anymore than that, be ready for retarded growth!

Re: Sounds Like A Plan! And I'm On My Way Back To Your Thread Teldren. Speak Soon!

Ok well do you think you can grab some Alfalfa Meal and some Kelp Meal?
Both are plant based and fairly mild, but excellent in terms of what they bring to the table.

Alfalfa Meal contains proteins, enzymes, amino acids, minerals, and a few other valuable things.
Both add growth hormones to your mix, while the Kelp Meal also mineralizes your mix at the same time, providing you with a slew of trace minerals, or all of the "micros" that you need.
I use it double time in my mixes for that reason, and have so every mix I've made except my first one maybe.
It's also a great source for Potash.

I used to mix a lot of different things into my soil in order to obtain diversity in the ecosystem but I've gradually simplified by using things that serve more than one purpose, and still have had excellent results.
I've tried to get away from all of the animal products too, but the guanos are just too good to use, and they also serve more than one purpose in the soil as they as some minerals and act as a nematicide, keeping predatory nematodes at bay.

Also, some good compost or better yet, some Alaska Humus if you can get that.
It's not too pricey and will go a long way since you can use it over and over again, as well as in your compost teas. This is basically SUPER OLD compost/forest litter so to speak, so it's jammed pack full of the beneficial microorganisms which help to convert your guanos, and meals to plant usable nutrients.
This also helps stabilize the pH and lock those nutrient up in your soil, so that they don't leach out when you water, and so that they're there when you plants ask for them. The higher the humus content in your soil, the higher you soils cation exchange capacity. This simply mean the more nutrients you soil can hold.
Over time if you take care of the soil it will increase of nutrient concentration, so you can use it over and over again, adding less and less each time you re-use it, until you barely have to add anything for it to remain productive! This is the main bonus of organics!

If you can get the Alaska Humus, Kelp, and Alfalfa let me know and we'll go from there!
If not, you can surely get buy with everything that you have and we'll just go from there.
The recipe is pending, depending on whether or not if you can get these few things!
Speak Soon

This fucken guy is the boss. This isn't even my thread but thank you for all the valuable info. I am also trying to an organic grow.
Very beneficial stuff you are providing. :bravo::Namaste::thanks:

Hey MisterTee, You're Welcome Brother! And @organicpot, I'm Uploading Photos

MisterTee, you're welcome my brother!
The better I get, the better we all get! And visa versa in regards to you guys!

@organicpot, I'm uploading some photos now of the transplant process and the mycos dusting so that you can see exactly what I meant by it!
I didn't measure how much I used as all. It's really just a light dusting!

:peace: & Blessings brothers

Back
Top Bottom