1st Grow, RainForest 318, 400W HID, Chronic Haze, Yumbolt47, California Dream

Awesome man! You need a real camera!!!!
Great to see someone else growing the california dream. Just wait, soooo many crystals will start showing u on those girls. +reps

I'm going to make a run by some pawn shops tomorrow and see if I can pick up a deal on a camera... The kicker with the phone cam is that it won't even let you download the crappy pics to the computer. You have to send them in e-mails to yourself... Mo money, mo money...:cool:

Hey whats happening Bolivar, hope all is going well!

Hey did you add an air stone to the res and if so where did you run the line? (actually i think i see it in the pic, is it running through that little pop out piece on the lid?)

thanks!

I've been stalling around until I get a camera, but I'll go ahead and catch up on the paperwork today. I'll be going shopping again Monday or Tuesday, and will definitely get a camera then.

Yes, the air hose is running into a cut-out. Last time I checked it, though, the stone was being covered by roots. I really need to change the res again, but the plants have gotten so huge I can't take the top off without damaging them or the roots, I'm thinking. I'm going to pick up a water pump and just pump it out, refill with RO, let it run a while, then pump it out again and refill and add nutes.

All the plants have nice little flowers formed now. I was beginning to worry, it took so long for them to appear.

So did you get your RF66 up and running yet?

Nov 28 - All looking good, had to bend away several large leaves on the too-tall CD to get light to the adjacent plants.
Added 10ml Micro, 15ml Bloom.

11-28-09_210.jpg

11-28-09_210_1_.jpg

Nov 29 - All good, added some pH UP (it wasn't off much at all, though). Thinking about getting Bushmaster to slow these puppies down some...

Nov 30 - Numbers all good, ppm @ 655. Had to move the RainForest a bit to get some of the branches off the side of the tent; adjusted light accordingly. Rotated so that the tall CD was further away from the reflector. Added tap water.

Dec 1 - Numbers good, ppm @ 653. Added more tap water. Picked up some new nutes, ducting and duct fan for reflector, a res heater, and some velcro tie-downs for the runaway CD.
Added 22ml FloraBlend, 10ml Floralicious Bloom, and 10ml KoolBloom. (Each added at 2-hour intervals.)

Dec 2 - Numbers still good, ppm @ 622 (no idea why it went down). All plants healthy and growing.
Added 22ml FloraBlend, 10ml Floralicious Bloom, and 10ml KoolBloom.

Dec. 3 - All looking good. Installed ducting and fan for reflector, small space heater, and an oscillating fan for the plants. Tied back main stem of the tall CD, and bent over several secondary stems at 90-degree angles; hope they survive...
No nutes added.

Dec. 4 - 0830: The bent stems stayed bent, and their secondaries are already turned up to the light. Excellent.
Leaf tips showing yellow on all, moved light up a bit. Branches are brushing the tent walls on 3 sides now. Flowers on the tall CD look a bit more advanced than the others. Added a couple of gallons of tap water. pH still excellent, ppm @ 684 before adding water, will see what it is tomorrow.
Added 22ml FloraBlend, 10ml Floralicious Bloom, and 10ml KoolBloom.

Dec 5 -

12-05-09_085.jpg

A better shot of the tall CD:
12-05-09_085_1_.jpg

Nice grow, those Rainforest units definately get crowded quick. If that's the aero one, watch out for root rot from lack of oxygen.

Nice grow, those Rainforest units definately get crowded quick. If that's the aero one, watch out for root rot from lack of oxygen.

It is, and I'll definitely check the roots when I change out the res. From just looking down into the unused pot holes, the roots all still look white and healthy, though, those that I can see. No reason I can't put a couple more airstones in, either. They're probably the cheapest accessory I'm using ATM.

I've been stalling around until I get a camera, but I'll go ahead and catch up on the paperwork today. I'll be going shopping again Monday or Tuesday, and will definitely get a camera then.

Yes, the air hose is running into a cut-out. Last time I checked it, though, the stone was being covered by roots. I really need to change the res again, but the plants have gotten so huge I can't take the top off without damaging them or the roots, I'm thinking. I'm going to pick up a water pump and just pump it out, refill with RO, let it run a while, then pump it out again and refill and add nutes.

All the plants have nice little flowers formed now. I was beginning to worry, it took so long for them to appear.

So did you get your RF66 up and running yet?

Just yesterday actually so just starting to crawl. Hey how long did you veg for and how tall where they when you threw them into flower?

by the way..... home depot is selling a cheap little plastic battery powered water pump for 10 bucks and it works like a charm for filling or draining the system with no mess.

Just yesterday actually so just starting to crawl. Hey how long did you veg for and how tall where they when you threw them into flower?

by the way..... home depot is selling a cheap little plastic battery powered water pump for 10 bucks and it works like a charm for filling or draining the system with no mess.

I put the seeds into paper towels on 10/20, and started 12/12 on 11/9, so 3 weeks from seed to 12/12. I should have waited another week or so to change from 24/0 to 12/12, because it looked like the switch stressed the plants, and I didn't see flowers for 2 weeks after the switch, and that was a male. The remaining ones, all female, showed flowers several days after that. They're still not growing asymmetrical stems, even though all 4 survivors have definite flowers.
On the other hand, if I had waited another week, they'd probably be even taller than they are now, which would be a problem. I may go with some autoflowering plants next time, and just keep the same light schedule all the way through. I did not want to mess with pruning or training on my first grow, but necessity has forced me into it. So far, I haven't killed any of them...

Seriously consider setting yourself up a scrog screen, unless you've got high ceilings...

Thanks for the tip on the pump.

Keeping this up to date mainly for my own benefit at this point, but I've ordered a cheap 10MP camera from Newegg, so it should be a lot more interesting when that arrives.

Dec 6 - All still healthy and growing (please stop...), pH OK, ppm 660.
Moved the RainForest, forgot I had the tall CD tied to the corner post, and damn near pulled it out of the unit... was wondering why it decided to lay down all of a sudden. Rotated the RF to better distribute light to all plants and get some branches off the walls of the tent. They're still touching on 3 sides, though. Bent one ChrH low branch and it fell over, so I splinted it with a split soda straw and some duct tape. Worked fine.

Dec 7 - 0830: All healthy and growing. Temps 70-72, RH 60. Added gallon tap water. Opened up top exhaust duct for better airflow during dark period.
2100: Crap, temp was down to 60. Going to re-adjust exhaust duct again. pH a bit low, will let it ride till later. ppm 650.
2110: Added 22ml FloraBlend

12-07-09_210_1_.jpg

12-07-09_210.jpg

Dec 7 (cont'd) - 2320: Added 10ml Floralicious Bloom
0100: Added 10ml KoolBloom

Dec 8 - All numbers good, all still growing, tied back one branch of tall CD to give ChrH some light. Buds developing.

Dec 9 - All good, nothing newsworthy.

Dec 10 - All good, still growing, raised light as high as it will go inside tent... (hung the metal hangers on crossbar with zip ties.)
2120: Added 22ml FloraBlend
2255: Added 10ml Floralicious Bloom
0035: Added 10ml KoolBloom

Drama in the grow tent: I just checked on the ladies and one of the ChrHs had fallen over. It had been stretching laterally for more light, and apparently the ol' center of gravity moved a bit too far from the pot... It had tipped over and the insert holding the netpot came up out of the RainForest lid. I righted the plant, settled the insert back in, and put a 2.5 lb weight on top of it for the time being.
The plant doesn't look damaged at all. The bent stem I had repaired the other day even came through without more damage. We'll see how she looks tomorrow.

Now I need to check the other 3 plants to see if they're in danger of falling over as well.

looking like a jungle in there Boli ......

It's been a learning experience... Not going to put 4 plants in and just let 'em go next time. I actually started with 6 - now I'm relieved that I lost 2.

Here's a pic from 7 weeks ago tomorrow on 10/26 (The 2 California Dreams were still germinating):
1025090230.jpg

Things are actually moving pretty fast, although it doesn't seem like it while waiting.

What's the latest on your RainForest 66 grow? Any surprises yet?

All looked healthy and growing this morning before lights off. The Chronic Haze that fell over doesn't seem to have suffered. Hope the roots weren't damaged.
Added more tap water - they're using more now.

Here are some pics with the HPS off:

Group shot:
DSCI0042s.jpg

The ChrH that fell over:
DSCI0043s.jpg

The 2 CDs towering over the ChrHs:
DSCI0045as.jpg

Another shot of the ChrH that fell:
DSCI0047s.jpg

The light about as high as it will go:
DSCI0051as.jpg

Dec 13 - 34th day of flower (except I started 12/12 too early, so this is probably more like the 24th day)
2100: All still healthy, one of the ChrHs has some stems starting to turn purple. Temps have been 63-72, so not too cold. pH good to low, ppm 713. Buds seem to be getting fuller.
2220: Added gallon tap water, plus 150ml H2O2.
2225: Added 2ml Micro
2310: Added 4ml FloraBloom
2355: Added 1ml Floralicious Bloom
0100: Added 2ml FloraBlend
0155: Added 2ml KoolBloom

DSCI0063.jpg

DSCI0064s.jpg

DSCI0065.jpg

DSCI0066.jpg

Dec 14 - pH fine, ppm 729. Buds a little bigger.

Dec 15 - 2100: Temps staying mid-60s to low 70s. RH still high. pH good, ppm 719. CDs starting to show trichomes. Leaves near buds have frost on them... Nothing yet on the ChrHs.
2110: Added 2ml Micro.
2230: Added 4ml FloraBloom.
2315: Added 1ml Floralicious Bloom
0015: Added 2ml FloraBlend
0100: Added 2ml KoolBloom

First day of trichomes...baby pics:
DSCI0077s.jpg

DSCI0078s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom