1st Grow Using CFL's - White Widow - Platinum Kush - Dream Queen

Louis

:ciao:Hi everyone been lurking for awhile and decided to start up a journal to see how it goes, and to see if i could get some advice on my first try at growing some good genetic bud, pretty excited to of got my hands on White Widow, Platinum Kush, and Green Crack clones :yahoo:, and all are Indica/Sativa hybrid. (I think)

Picked up clones on January 3rd 2012, and hope to end up with 4-5 foot plants at the end of flowering. Not sure on how many weeks to veg.

Growing indoors using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil with some Botanicare CNS17 veg. & bloom nutes. Thinking of starting clones on 1/2 strength, and have no idea how good these nutes are.

For lights I am using 2700k CFL's (5 total for 3 plants), want to get my hands on the "daylight" CFL's cause I hear they work better for plants in vegetative then switch back to 2700k for flowering.

Temperature of grow area should be from about 70 to 80 degrees, and have no idea on the humidity. (I live in the arizona desert but like I said this is an indoor grow.} Using Nestle Pure Life water with a Ph of 6.5 according to there website, but do need to get Ph kit. :peacetwo:

White Widow
100_00633.JPG

Platinum Kush

100_00571.JPG

"Dream Queen"
100_00581-1.JPG

Widow again
White_Window.JPG

Kush again
Plat_Kush.JPG

Queen aaaagain
G_Crack.JPG

Transplanted Clones on Jan. 4th

White_Widow_Platinum_Kush_Green_Crack_Clones.JPG

Small Closet Grow Area Where I Had Some Bagseed But replaced with these clones.
100_02075.JPG

Thats it for now, thank you all. Will post again very soon any questions or comments are more than welcome. Happy Growing All.:tokin:

Re: 1st Grow Using CFL's: White Widow, Platinum Kush, Green Crack

Sounds good I love to watch the cfl grows. The staff may ask you to edit the green c@@ck name they ask not to mention any hard stuff here. We wouldnt want to send out the wrong message to the world about 420 folks. looking forward to your grow and if yah want you can visit mine also.:peace:

Re: 1st Grow Using CFL's: White Widow, Platinum Kush, Green Crack

looks cool, do you plan on moving to a bigger grow room? (you said you would like them to get 4' tall) also are you gonna get some more light for them? 5 cfl's are good to start with (assuming they are no bigger than 25w) i would look into gettin more light in there come later in the vegetative stage and for sure when you get into flower

You have a good soil and nutrients so thats good. Did you root the clones yourself or were they given to you already in soil? looks like you got a good start just make sure you plan out the rest of it, it may seem like it will take a while but before you know it your gonna be flowering

Thanks for visiting gitter happy to hear your gonna watch. I will watch my wording, thanks for the headsup. And I had already visited your grow and looked through it, lol. I will keep following.

thanks likeabike, I have a 3x8 space I can eventually move them into but for now will just raise the lights as they get a little bigger then later on, after i get more light, move them to the floor. I hope I can soon get the right setup to grow the 12 pllants I am authorized to grow here in AZ.

I did not root my self likebike, they came rooted in Fox Farm O.F. from a local dispensary. The guy there is pretty cool and cut a few to show me how using Clonex rooting gel and gave me a free bag. Thanks for the encouragement bro and cant wait to share some pics of them flowering.:)

Yea they do 420farmer, made a big mess watering the first time then eventually put some small plastic buckets under them. :oops: Thanks for the advice and visiting farmer.

Nutes I Will Be Using

Botanicare_Nutes1.JPG

Thought I would post a pic of the rooting compound, this stuff seemed to work pretty good, there was roots like crazy when I took the clones out of the cups. Or maybe this is how they normally grow....dont know.

100_03073.JPG

thanks likeabike, I have a 3x8 space I can eventually move them into but for now will just raise the lights as they get a little bigger then later on, after i get more light, move them to the floor. I hope I can soon get the right setup to grow the 12 pllants I am authorized to grow here in AZ.

I did not root my self likebike, they came rooted in Fox Farm O.F. from a local dispensary. The guy there is pretty cool and cut a few to show me how using Clonex rooting gel and gave me a free bag. Thanks for the encouragement bro and cant wait to share some pics of them flowering.:)

:goodjob:Looks good so far.
I know all about that az heat, we use cfl's and 1 130w led and we have to shut down for July, Aug and Sept it's just too damn hot for our bedroom grow.

Just moved my babies to there new space. I do want to flower with CFL's but doubt I will get them to the height I wanted without using a ridiculous amount of CFL's. I will either try and get me a lamp or just start 12/12 earlier.

Here Is There New Space

100_03524.JPG

100_03536.JPG

100_03545.JPG

I also have 4 bagseed in different space that I would like to share progress with just for the heck of it.

From left to right 1 thru 4

100_03454.JPG

Bagseed 1

100_03462.JPG

Bagseed 2

100_03483.JPG

Bagseed 3

100_03493.JPG

Bagseed 4

100_03501.JPG

Will post more pics of these plants as they grow. :)

Anybody have any advice on trimming fan leaves? I got in a little discussion with a friend about it. I don't think its a good Idea, but he insists that if you take off lower fan leaves more growth is concentrated on other parts of the plant, any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.

thanks likebike on the fan, what a person comes up with when one has some good medicine and some free time.:) Makes sense to not trim when to small, I might remove a few on the bagseed #4 plant just to see how it goes. Maybe I can concentrate some more light on the lower part of the plant. Thanks for advice.:thanks::passitleft:

Louis said:
thanks likebike on the fan, what a person comes up with when one has some good medicine and some free time.:) Makes sense to not trim when to small, I might remove a few on the bagseed #4 plant just to see how it goes. Maybe I can concentrate some more light on the lower part of the plant. Thanks for advice.:thanks::passitleft:

I'm not sure why you would want to start removing leaves on a baby plant! They need all the light absorption they can get! You trim fan leaves that are blocking light from reaching bud sites during flower or just the lower leaves that begin to die off. Trimming now will stress the plant, I promise.

Got it...lol. I didnt want to, but was told by someone else it was a good idea to get some growth on lower part of plant. I was gonna remove the fan leaves off of an older bagseed plant I have going, its about at teen stage, bottom leaves dying. I will leave the clones alone, the last thing I want to do is stress the babies and stunt growth! Thanks for the feedback farmer. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom