1st Grow With DWC

it certainly is flying by going to switch next week to 12/12 going to spend 8 weeks in flower so hopefully have a nice yield:)

i was going to up the ec to 1.2 or 1.4 but think there doing ok on 1.0 my friend sticks to 1.0 ec all way through is this good?

your plants are getting big and are looking healthy. if your running out of room then i'd say flip them now but its never too soon to switch to 12/12. some people veg for a week then flip some wait 2. some grow plants for years and years then finally flower their plants. if you want more bud i'd say go for a longer veg

Hi andy. Looks good. Dwc is so much fun. I have a question. If you are running 600 watt MH or Hps how are you controlling water temps?. Ive got two dwc buckets vegging under t8's and cfls right now so temp isnt a problem for me but in flower they will be under 600w hps in a 26C (79F) environment. Do you use a chiller?

it is so much fun and ive been lucky i think because in hydo you dont get to make any mistakes usually but i got away with my mistakes thank god i dont use a chiller either and i cant see any problems some things i think can be overkill

theres all this talk about cfls and t5's whatever but i dont think you can beat a 600 w hps light youve got no worries with cfl i dont think heat will be a problem lol but you will probably wait longer compared to a hps light

Hi andy. Looks good. Dwc is so much fun. I have a question. If you are running 600 watt MH or Hps how are you controlling water temps?. Ive got two dwc buckets vegging under t8's and cfls right now so temp isnt a problem for me but in flower they will be under 600w hps in a 26C (79F) environment. Do you use a chiller?

heat can be an issue but its always nice to take precautions. you wont need a chiller as long as you follow these steps.

keep bucket on the ground dont elevate them with stools or chairs.
go to home depot and buy some foil tape and surround your buckets in the foil tape. they will reflect 85%+ of the lights

you know i thought thered be more steps but those 2 will treat ya right

ok that will cool the rez down also. with 600 watts you shouldnt have to worry about the temps too much id assume. if you dont have a water proof thermometer then touch you rez water (wash your hands first) and feel it if its warm or neutral feeling to your hand then you might want to throw some cold water in there or preferably freeze a 16 oz water bottle and drop it in the rez (take out 16oz of water in the rez before you add the 16 oz bottle)

Thx 253Chiefin. Ill build my diy chiller a little later on when I have more cash for parts. I want a total of 6 buckets going in my flower tent (4.5ftX4.5ftx6.5ft) under 600w HPS so within the next 2 months Ill build it for sure. I use my 6500k cfl and T8 daylights for veg. Using a frozen bottle for two buckets is great. But with six or more it would become a pain in the ass. Ill be foil taping all my buckets very soon. Thanks for that.

Hey andy. Are you growing in a tent? They are very handy?

Back
Top Bottom