1st Grow With DWC

calm down bassman...not personally attackin you..just saying i know more people whove had hermies with 24/0

ill say it one more time but 24/0 have been reported to produce more hermies, ive had 1 hermie and so have a few of my friends.. weve all take 24/0 out of our equation because o the rumors of hermies and we havent had a problem since...i play it safe others like to push it to the limit. if you want facts on this matter you wont find any too detailed because of different opinions but what im hoping you do with the info is decide which you feel safest doing and stick to it. have fun with the opinions shared bud. and keep em green:Namaste:

I know you're not attacking me. I'm not taking it as such.

But to say studies have proven, seems to be erroneous information. Every single bit of info I have gathered on the topic shows no relation to hermie because of 24/7. In fact, the most common response to hermie in 24/7 has been a result of heat issues.

Generally speaking, hermies come from more stress related issues. As well, goofy light schedules (read: odd changes to light schedule) can weird out a plant and cause herm.

It's not uncommon to blame a herm on the wrong true issue. I suspect, that you and your friends had hermies because of a secondary issue that was or is not happening now in your grows and you are miss blaming it on 24/7. There are just far too many thousands of growers using 24/7 veg with no issue whatsoever to suggest it lends towards hermaphrodite.

I still challenge you to produce: "24/0 have been reported to produce more hermies" reports.

In all reality if your secondary issues are caused by the primary problem of running the lights 24/7 then it is the 24/7 light cycle that is causing the secondary problems and would be consider the main reason for such stress. Keeping your grow at optimum condition is key, cold res water, heat under lights isn't to high like 85 degreesF is pretty hot but also causes your res to heat, and keeping humidity up during veg are optimum conditions and esp pH because temperature will change your pH in water. My point being if you cannot keep optimum conditions because of running the lights 24/7 then your plant hermed cause you were running the light too long leading to secondary problems. I have yet to ask the Master Gardener but I still plan on it.

added a 6 inch fan today got it set to sweep back and forth just making leaves breeze ever so litely on each pass hope ive done the right thing

250202.jpg
250201.jpg
22_feb_12_03.jpg
22_feb_12_02.jpg
22_feb_12_01.jpg
22_feb_12.jpg
IMAG025011.jpg
IMAG025011.jpg
IMAG024913.jpg
IMAG024913.jpg
IMAG024811.jpg
IMAG024811.jpg
IMAG024710.jpg
IMAG024710.jpg
IMAG024515.jpg
IMAG02449.jpg
IMAG024311.jpg
IMAG024212.jpg

sorry for duplicating some photos im on day 16 temp in room was 25oc some plants seem to have recovered a little

the cf out my tap water is between 2-4 cf what should i be at can someone supply the cf i should be at throughout my grow

You can keep in mind leaf burnage is a sign of stress, ideally it shouldnt occur at all, specially not during anything but final stage of plant, and even then it's a sign of stress.

I would keep to ppm or EC levels advised by hydro growers here, at least for the beginning.

Also keep in mind a small plant needs small feeding, a big plant needs big feeding till you have enough leaves/buds, and still three weeks to go. :)

Just keep an eye on the newer and middle aged leaves, they shouldnt show burning discoloring stress. to keep it save it's no harm raising nutrients till you really notice leaves getting paler, less green, or discoloring due to lack of nutrients.

ive decided to flush later ive made a mistake somewhere by listening to someone saying upping cf to 14 i noticed 1 plant with leaves curling under so going to correct this very soon

Back
Top Bottom