MeatGrinder - Northern Lights Auto - DWC - LED - 1st Timer - 2016/2017

I've only used tap water for my whole grow and I test ph after all nuts put in. I freeze 2x 2L bottles of pop and that's enough to sustain the cool temp in water to keep pythium away. Oh and I put hydrogen peroxide once every 2 or 3 days just in case. Cuz I had root rot in the early veg stage of my plants. Now they good. I probably stunted them from that. Here they are today.
420-magazine-mobile2035767360.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1711708389.jpg
420-magazine-mobile129474806.jpg

Cheers my fellow growers!
Phil

Ya nice can't wait to see new pics. After this grow though , knowing what I know now, I'm sure you'll realize too, that the best option is gonna be ebb and flow. Requires less energy and maintenance then this DWC/top drip way. Mainly cuz you can have a reservoir separate under a table that you build. Which means water temps will not fluctuate as much. Also easier to drain and maintain nutrients.

Anyways that's the plan. What do you all think of that?

Phil

Ya nice can't wait to see new pics. After this grow though , knowing what I know now, I'm sure you'll realize too, that the best option is gonna be ebb and flow. Requires less energy and maintenance then this DWC/top drip way. Mainly cuz you can have a reservoir separate under a table that you build. Which means water temps will not fluctuate as much. Also easier to drain and maintain nutrients.

Anyways that's the plan. What do you all think of that?

Phil

I'm a lazy arse phucker and am running a recirculating top feed. What's the advantage of an ebb and flow over this?

I guess you didn't read the full message I wrote down. I think that with Ebb & Flow systems, maintenance of the system is much easier than the DWC. I'm not talking about yield difference between the two. Ebb and flow: one res to change, clean & top-up. With DWC, let's say you want to grow 4 plants in buckets. That's 4 different water solutions that you have to monitor and replace. I got pythium 3rd week of growing my plants because the water was warm from the light hitting the bin. I fixed the problem by#1 bought 2 more airstones #2 changed the water again#3 bought a water temp gauge#4 have to put 2x frozen 2L bottles a day to keep temp nice and low.
Emphasis on the "keeping your water cool" so that bad bacteria will not thrive. Just look at the youtube video "I grow chronic" the hour or so long of proper set up.

Phil

I guess you didn't read the full message I wrote down. I think that with Ebb & Flow systems, maintenance of the system is much easier than the DWC. I'm not talking about yield difference between the two. Ebb and flow: one res to change, clean & top-up. With DWC, let's say you want to grow 4 plants in buckets. That's 4 different water solutions that you have to monitor and replace. I got pythium 3rd week of growing my plants because the water was warm from the light hitting the bin. I fixed the problem by#1 bought 2 more airstones #2 changed the water again#3 bought a water temp gauge#4 have to put 2x frozen 2L bottles a day to keep temp nice and low.
Emphasis on the "keeping your water cool" so that bad bacteria will not thrive. Just look at the youtube video "I grow chronic" the hour or so long of proper set up.

Phil

Ah, my friend, I fear you misinterpreted my post. I am running my first indoor and using a top feed recirculating hydro. I was asking the benefits of an ebb and and flow over a top feed as I have 0 experience and scant more knowledge of an ebb and flow system. Top feed recirculating just seems so simple and effective.

I think you can start LST soon. My mistake was not doing it sooner. Try and expose light to the new leaves / under big fan leaves. Looks good and healthy. If you want to have more tops and buds you'll have to keep the LST up every other day and trimming of leaves. There's some vids on youtube the guy "growpotchea ply" explains what he does. Worth a look for reference. Im happy your plant bounced back from that deficiency! :)

Phil

Another week another res change @ 750ppm 5.75 ph 66 degree water. 20ml bloom 15ml micro 15ml grow and 10ml cal mag to 4 gallons of RO. Will check every couple hours for signs of nute burn and dilute as needed. Shes standing happy at 7.5 inchs tall 33% humidity and 75 degrees. I can say for sure the GH ph up added straight after mixing fertz is knocking something out of solution. As i dripped one drop then two and then three from a dropped a white condensate appeared and settled, i stopped mixed for a while diluted my ph up into a bit of ro and added it that way and no condensate appeared visabily atleast. So idk what is dropping out but i think that has been my prob all along maybe its my batch of ph up or my batch of fertz but it is deff happenening.

A couple of questions, how much water are you using for your nutes and how the heck are you needing PH up? Is your water super acidic?

ETA: I just checked RO water online and see it can have a PH between 5 and 7! (I use tap water that is fairly neutral and after my res change and addition of GH nutes tonight, my PH was fine at 6).

Back
Top Bottom