Try not to overcomplicate your first round brother. Learn to read the plant, keep a detailed journal, pay attention to any changes to your girls, and how to regulate your environment (check runoff ph, temperature, RH etc). Read about techniques like topping supercropping mainlining etc to improve your techniques going forward.

This is some of the best advice for new and old growers alike.
Specifically where he says "try not to overcomplicate your first round."

So in my opinion, Definitely keep it simple and read, ask questions. You'll end up with some nice smoke. ;)

Hey Dr.Hooks I wanted to ask a question in regards to your Comment on watering twice a week. How much water would you say the plant needed?

Hey Dr.Hooks I wanted to ask a question in regards to your Comment on watering twice a week. How much water would you say the plant needed?

Hi Johnthebeastn, and welcome to the forum. :welcome:
I may not have the skills and knowledge of Dr Hook, but here is how I water, using soil.

First, get accustomed to what a dry pot feels like, weight-wise. So fill a same size pot with soil, and you can even put it aside to help you gauge what a dry pot feels like until it becomes second nature.
I place my potted plant on a wire rack above a saucer. This way I can water/feed the pot until there is about 10-20% runoff into the saucer. This would also be a good point in time to lift the fully watered pot to see how it feels weight-wise.
So now, it's easy to tell when the plant needs watering, if the pot feels about the same weight as the dry pot, it's time to water/feed.
Depending on the stage of your girls growth, watering can take place from a couple times a week to maybe every other day or more. When I transplanted my clones, I didn't need to do another watering for almost a week.
IMG_201320.JPG

Depends on the size of pot...smaller pot...less water...and how much the girlz are drinking...I prefer to water to the outside of container and getting the roots to search for water...you want the soil to be wet almost to the point of runoff...then to left to dry out...you will get a knack for feeling the weight and knowing when to water...for my 7 gal pots...they will get a gallon/gallon and a half...10 gallon pots approx. 2 gallons...1 gallon pots prolly 1/2 to 1 quart...Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey snarly thanks for that. That wire rack idea is guniness! I use about 2 liters of water for a 1 gal pot over a week.Is that too much!

Hey snarly thanks for that. That wire rack idea is guniness! I use about 2 liters of water for a 1 gal pot over a week.Is that too much!

I go by when I start to get the runoff. I water slowly, and evenly, making sure all the soil gets wet from the outside to the center of the pot. I should add that I use smart pots. And you can't go wrong by following h00ks recommendations either. I think we all have slightly different methods to get to the same end result.
:)

I use a sprayer to water is that okay or should I use a pitcher or something else?

Hey there Jonthe, I water by hand and use a watering pot with a pointed end. I first mix up the nutes in a gallon jug then transfer that to a watering pot. I will post a pic of what I'm using
420-magazine-mobile666012601.jpg

I use a sprayer to water is that okay or should I use a pitcher or something else?

I use 2 litre pop (soda) bottles. I have a herd of them by the tents, at room temp. But a pitcher would work. I used to spray, for feeding the leafs until it was pointed out to me that those spots on my leaves were from water drops causing the light to burn those spots.

foliar feeding is fine and has merit, but is a separate feeding aside from normal watering...but should be done just before lights out...giving the plants time to absorb nutrients and excess moisture to evaporate before lights on...this is less critical if using CFL's during early vegging, as the heat is minimal...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Would it wise to put it up now? Or is it normal for it to lean a little?

Do you have a picture? Is it leaning toward the light? If so can you turn the lady? Are you running a fan on her? I don't think you can do much harm if you go ahead and give her some support if she needs it.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom