What I do is hang and dry in the tent, as well as place smaller buds on a rack to dry in the dark, with ventilation for 7-10 days. Then I put them in mason jars, about half full, and throw in a Boveda 62. I take my remote temp/rh sensor and put it in the mason jar to get a relative humidty reading. I burp it a few times a day to rid of built up humidity. Once the rh reads 62% I just burp once a day for a week, and after that once a week until I get too lazy to burp anymore or none of the weed is left, whichever comes first.

Awesome thank you. One more question. What is burping?

What I do is hang and dry in the tent, as well as place smaller buds on a rack to dry in the dark, with ventilation for 7-10 days. Then I put them in mason jars, about half full, and throw in a Boveda 62. I take my remote temp/rh sensor and put it in the mason jar to get a relative humidty reading. I burp it a few times a day to rid of built up humidity. Once the rh reads 62% I just burp once a day for a week, and after that once a week until I get too lazy to burp anymore or none of the weed is left, whichever comes first.

Also would it be okay if I just trimmed all the buds and let dry on a rack? For washing do you use the lemon juice/baking soda method?

Awesome thank you. One more question. What is burping?

By burping, I mean open the jar up for 5 mins to half hour to let it breath, then seal again. You really just want to release the moist air and replace with fresh. If I'm in a real hurry, I will remove lids, fan the air above it with a piece of cardboard or whatever is handy for a couple minutes, and then re-seal. The boveda is to help stabilize at 62%.

By burping, I mean open the jar up for 5 mins to half hour to let it breath, then seal again. You really just want to release the moist air and replace with fresh. If I'm in a real hurry, I will remove lids, fan the air above it with a piece of cardboard or whatever is handy for a couple minutes, and then re-seal. The boveda is to help stabilize at 62%.

Sorry one more thing. You said 7-10 days you let dry. How do you determine when it's dry enough to jar?

Sorry one more thing. You said 7-10 days you let dry. How do you determine when it's dry enough to jar?
If you bend a stem, and it almost snaps, it should be ready. As long as you get it close to 62% rh, you can finish it in the cure. If a stem snaps in two easily, it may be a bit too dry.
I'm sure that there are a few threads here that get into this in much more detail, but after a couple harvests you get a feel for it.
Another thing you can do is take a test bud, put it in a sealed jar with a hygrometer, and see what the rh is after about an hour or so.
The goal is 62% rh and the longer the cure, the better the product.

Boveda 62 are excellent, worth the spend. 8g sachets in about 10g of curing buds seems a decent distrubution

Maintain consistent drying environment to retain best bud structure.

420-magazine-mobile315698449.jpg

If you bend a stem, and it almost snaps, it should be ready. As long as you get it close to 62% rh, you can finish it in the cure. If a stem snaps in two easily, it may be a bit too dry.
I'm sure that there are a few threads here that get into this in much more detail, but after a couple harvests you get a feel for it.
Another thing you can do is take a test bud, put it in a sealed jar with a hygrometer, and see what the rh is after about an hour or so.

420-magazine-mobile165523316.jpg

Hey snarly I had a nutes question. I'm currently using general hydroponics flora micro,grow,and bloom as well as cal mag plus. Do you think I should be using something else with that recipe? My buds look a little small

Hey snarly I had a nutes question. I'm currently using general hydroponics flora micro,grow,and bloom as well as cal mag plus. Do you think I should be using something else with that recipe? My buds look a little small
Your girl looks fine in the picture. I would stick with what you are feeding right now. How many days into flower is she?

Hey John was just browsing and came across your journal. You and I are on the EXACT same schedule! I'm on Day 24 Flower as well flipped em on 5/14 after vegging for 39 days from seed. My first Grow as well learning as I go but read/watched everything I could get my hands on prior to ordering my heabs

Hey John was just browsing and came across your journal. You and I are on the EXACT same schedule! I'm on Day 24 Flower as well flipped em on 5/14 after vegging for 39 days from seed. My first Grow as well learning as I go but read/watched everything I could get my hands on prior to ordering my heabs

Yea man same here. There's just so much info out there and a lot of "I'm right you're wrong" lol. Thank goodness for this forum

For the burping question, I burp a few times a day for about 10 minutes to release the built up moisture. I do this for about a week. Then burp daily for about a month, then whenever I think about it ;)
The idea is to let the buds dry evenly, inside and out. The burping releases each buildup of moisture. The goal is 62% rh. The buds should be fairly dry before putting into the jars, and you can pick up cheap hygrometers to place in the jar, or use the remote sensor if you have one. I throw in Boveda 62 paks as well.

For the burping question, I burp a few times a day for about 10 minutes to release the built up moisture. I do this for about a week. Then burp daily for about a month, then whenever I think about it ;)
The idea is to let the buds dry evenly, inside and out. The burping releases each buildup of moisture. The goal is 62% rh. The buds should be fairly dry before putting into the jars, and you can pick up cheap hygrometers to place in the jar, or use the remote sensor if you have one. I throw in Boveda 62 paks as well.

Thanks Snarly as I too use the 62% packs. I just picked up small hygrometers to fit in the jars as well. I have been burping twice a day for about 15 min each time. RH has been at 70 so I took the buds out to let them dry a bit more then put them back in. I don't think I let the bud dry enough before jarring.

Thanks Snarly as I too use the 62% packs. I just picked up small hygrometers to fit in the jars as well. I have been burping twice a day for about 15 min each time. RH has been at 70 so I took the buds out to let them dry a bit more then put them back in. I don't think I let the bud dry enough before jarring.
Good idea. They shouldn't take too long to dry and then you can put them back in. Those hygrometers take a lot of the guesswork out!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom