2 Liter Hempy SOG

I had my first harvest of my first SOG biggest bud after dry and cure was 5.07 grams. I'm sure thats pretty small for a first SOG I ended up with 68 grams from 18 plants got any tips or advice to increase this?

420fied said:
That's less than 4 grams per plant. What kind of lights are you flowering under? Tell me some specifics about your setup.

Well I had them under a 600watt mh before I had noticed I forgot to switch it out my temps are between 70-75 constant fresh air being brought in, air cooled hood. 5x5 tent I upgraded to a 1k watt this grow aswell. I have also been using fox farm Nutes this whole grow.

Well I had them under a 600watt mh before I had noticed I forgot to switch it out my temps are between 70-75 constant fresh air being brought in, air cooled hood. 5x5 tent I upgraded to a 1k watt this grow aswell. I have also been using fox farm Nutes this whole grow.

Let me make sure I've got this straight. You harvested 68 grams from 18 plants flowering under a 600 watt bulb?

420fied said:
Let me make sure I've got this straight. You harvested 68 grams from 18 plants flowering under a 600 watt bulb?

Yea a metal halide. That's what I'm not understanding what the hell am I doing wrong? My environment is perfect.

420fied said:
Did you journal the grow? If you did, provide a link or tell me what it's titled and I'll take a look.

The only way for me to tell what's wrong is to see pics, get more info, etc.

Did not do a journal, but I say this if something does not change I will be selling my setups. I have followed directions to the precise measurements and kept my environment perfect. I'm not understanding why yields are so low.

420fied said:
I wish I could be of more help but without documentation/pictures, it's tough to give sound advice.

I have tried to upload pictures it always says file failed to upload. I have noticed on the hempys some Get the small side buds at bottom do I need to be trimming those off at day 21 and 45 when I defoliate so growth can focus on main cola?

OK so here is another question if I'm doing a rotation and I have clones that are two foot tall and new ones come in how do I work the lighting so there is no stretch going on?

Yea a metal halide. That's what I'm not understanding what the hell am I doing wrong? My environment is perfect.

Most probably the reason u got such a small yield (if u have followed everything else perfectly i.e feeds, temps, humity etc) is because u have flowered under a 600w metal halide. These are fine for vegatitive grow but poor for flowering. during the veg stage the plant requires mainly the white and blue spectrum of light which a mh bulb gives plenty of. The flower peiod requires more of the red spectrum of which a mh does not provide. Switch to a 600w high pressure sodium (HPS) for flower or u can even veg with them too. I only use 600w HPS bulbs for veg and flower as they are dual spectrum.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom