2 Liter Hempy SOG

Most probably the reason u got such a small yield (if u have followed everything else perfectly i.e feeds, temps, humity etc) is because u have flowered under a 600w metal halide. These are fine for vegatitive grow but poor for flowering. during the veg stage the plant requires mainly the white and blue spectrum of light which a mh bulb gives plenty of. The flower peiod requires more of the red spectrum of which a mh does not provide. Switch to a 600w high pressure sodium (HPS) for flower or u can even veg with them too. I only use 600w HPS bulbs for veg and flower as they are dual spectrum.

Hope this helps.

MH or not, he still should have harvested way more than 68 grams from 18 plants.

Cultivator said:
Most probably the reason u got such a small yield (if u have followed everything else perfectly i.e feeds, temps, humity etc) is because u have flowered under a 600w metal halide. These are fine for vegatitive grow but poor for flowering. during the veg stage the plant requires mainly the white and blue spectrum of light which a mh bulb gives plenty of. The flower peiod requires more of the red spectrum of which a mh does not provide. Switch to a 600w high pressure sodium (HPS) for flower or u can even veg with them too. I only use 600w HPS bulbs for veg and flower as they are dual spectrum.

Hope this helps.

Yea I figure that. I forgot to switch to my 1k HPS while I was setting up my other tent for veg totally spaced the bulb. I'm still trying to get some pictures to upload.

Hope this helps.

I don't think that's his main problem... I know some folks here that flower under MH without that kind of issue with yield...

I have tried to upload pictures it always says file failed to upload. I have noticed on the hempys some Get the small side buds at bottom do I need to be trimming those off at day 21 and 45 when I defoliate so growth can focus on main cola?

It's difficult if not impossible to help without knowing all the details about your grow... something that you don't think matters could be making a big difference. I would suggest you try and get a journal up so so other members can see what you are doing and offer advice without hijacking 420fied's journal!

:Namaste:

Longtime lurker, amazed!
Would really appreciate your thoughts on 2 things
Not crazy about keeping a mother plant, could the clones be taken from the 28 day defoliation you do? (understanding they may need a few more days to turn around)
and secondly I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but knowing you feed every day until the nute mix flows out of the holes you've made at 2-1/4 from the bottom, is it always a nute mix? or is it a feed/water/feed cycle? as well what ph do you aim for? and do you ph before or after the BPN's?
I think I'll be trying the with 4' pvc pipe with encaps/ neoprene collars, with some leftover ph perfect nutes.
Next batch are def. BPN's!
thanks for the schooling :thanks:
Tweed

Longtime lurker, amazed!
Would really appreciate your thoughts on 2 things
Not crazy about keeping a mother plant, could the clones be taken from the 28 day defoliation you do? (understanding they may need a few more days to turn around)
and secondly I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but knowing you feed every day until the nute mix flows out of the holes you've made at 2-1/4 from the bottom, is it always a nute mix? or is it a feed/water/feed cycle? as well what ph do you aim for? and do you ph before or after the BPN's?
I think I'll be trying the with 4' pvc pipe with encaps/ neoprene collars, with some leftover ph perfect nutes.
Next batch are def. BPN's!
thanks for the schooling :thanks:
Tweed

If you read the journal you'll see that I have listed these things you ask about on several occasions. It's all there people. Answering the same questions 100 times gets tiresome. Read the journal.

Great job 420fied. Love the thread. Quick Question. When do you feed the girls. I love the journal so much I had to of went through it atleast 3 times!

Great job 420fied. Love the thread. Quick Question. When do you feed the girls. I love the journal so much I had to of went through it atleast 3 times!

Thank you. I'm glad that you found some useful info. I assume you're asking me what time of day I feed them? If so, the answer is in the evenings just after lights on. I've heard opinions on when to feed and when not to feed in relation to the light cycle but this seems to work for me so that's what I do.

Thank you. I'm glad that you found some useful info. I assume you're asking me what time of day I feed them? If so, the answer is in the evenings just after lights on. I've heard opinions on when to feed and when not to feed in relation to the light cycle but this seems to work for me so that's what I do.

Yup, that was my question. I should of been more specific, I wasn't thinking.

Hey what up 420fied! Iv been checking out some of your grow by searching the web and i would stumble across some with lots of great info.:Namaste: Your grow journals are one of the reason i joined this site. Once i did join i found that there were a lot of good growers i can learn a few thing from along my journeys. So on that note i was wondering if you could be so kind as to check out my journal and give my some small criticism. Maybe some info on how to get more people to post. Over 300 views on post?:

Thanks Bro:thumb:

Hey what up 420fied! Iv been checking out some of your grow by searching the web and i would stumble across some with lots of great info.:Namaste: Your grow journals are one of the reason i joined this site. Once i did join i found that there were a lot of good growers i can learn a few thing from along my journeys. So on that note i was wondering if you could be so kind as to check out my journal and give my some small criticism. Maybe some info on how to get more people to post. Over 300 views on post?:

Thanks Bro:thumb:

I'd be glad to check in on your grow. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad my journals inspired you to join the community. May all your buds be dense.

:thanks:

420fied,

I've been so busy I was a few days behind... WOW! I can not wait to see the new flower room in full swing :woohoo:
...it's gonna be sooo awesome

And you said you'll be posting pics of the setup as it's being built? that will be very informative. I'm also wondering how you'll be watering all these plants. :scratchinghead: Maybe a wand of some kind...but then how would you measure the input? And collection of run off??? Sounds like you'll need an engineering degree to work out all the specifics :rofl:

I agree with all the others...idol...inspiration...hero...What more can I say? I'll be watching for sure. :dreamy:

Yeah i just had a chance to catch up on this one, didnt get a chane to read it before i made my first post on it. It looks like 3 4x4 trays might be in order and the extra space for the setup we had been discussing. I cant wait to see this grow.:cheesygrinsmiley:

My reconning is more like two 40" sq trays, two 600w horozontal HPS.
420fied's trays are slightly different, but 4 plants per sq ft is about right.
55w HPS per sq ft is also a good application rate.

He also said 250 plants. Somethings going to have to give. Either he is going to need another light or less plants. With that many and only two light the quality of the buds on the outside is going to be sacraficed, unless he knows some magic spell to spread light...witch he probably does:Namaste: He is going to have to make a few more purchases.:allgood:

LOL dont laugh at my kindergarten sketch. But hope you get the picture.:thumb: THis is what i whould do...
DSCN3399.JPG

Back
Top Bottom