2 Liter Hempy SOG

Hey 420! I left a question about cloning on the last page, but you might've missed it. On the same subject; I've read that some experienced growers swear by clipping clones from their new batches, rather than keep a mom- so whenever they get ready to switch to flower, they clip a few clones from each of the best plants, and root those to be the next crop. The thinking is, that the year-old moms, that have hard, thick bark are harder to root from than younger plants - not to mention relieving you of caring for a mom. Any thoughts? It's not as easy for us, since we use little to no veg between clone and flower, but what if ya take a flowering growth, and root that? Wont it revert back to veg in about the same 2-3 weeks as the rooting would take, or would you have to add the times together?

Xare used to do that very thing. He'd cut clones for the next run before going to 12/12. For me, it's easier to keep a mom but what you're talking about can be done although personally, I've not done it.

I've never tried to root flowering growth but I imagine it would revert back to veg just like you mentioned. The only way to know is to give it a go and find out. I wish you well.

I took an OG kush cutting about 3 weeks into flower, it had started forming a bud and there were a decent amount of hairs on top, it rooted in about 6 days, but once I planted it, it took another 2-3 weeks until it started producing proper growth.

I also used to take cuttings before flowering plants for the next run, I didn't run a 2L SOG, but I had a decent number of plants, and only gave them 1-2 weeks veg time. I would take 2 cuttings per plant. It was harder to time my harvests and I was seeing a bigger lapse in time between harvests and I wasn't happy with the results, so I started to keep mother plants. I'll tell you it's the best thing you can do because cuttings are always available. I can plan things much easier now and have gotten my rotation down to 2 weeks consistently.

I don't keep my mother plants for too long because they're under a 600w MH, so they grow fairly quickly. I prune them and take about 3 rounds of cuttings, so they're alive for around 2 months and then I have a really big bush that I flower out along with the SOG, it's a nice supplemental haul and since it was vegged and trained so extensively, I yield 4-5oz off a plant, which is a nice change from the .5oz I typically get off my 1 gal SOG. Once I flower a mom, I take the best growing cutting and turn it into a new mom by training it right away. Since I have 9 moms right now, the cycle happens pretty frequently so I usually have one big plant blooming along side the little ones.

I just noticed the pics you posted yesterday, those colas look wonderful. Has your average per plant changed at all since you've had more experience with the nutes?

I just noticed the pics you posted yesterday, those colas look wonderful. Has your average per plant changed at all since you've had more experience with the nutes?

Thank you. I am sustaining 15-16 grams per SOG plant. On occasion I will get plants in the 18-20 gram range but to offset that sometimes I get plants that yield 13-14 grams. It all depends on the root structure at the start. Some plants simply take off better than others. I've grown this strain for a long time and given my grow variables (lights, environment, nutes, etc) I believe I've found her top end as far as production goes.

Some day I'm going to switch strains. Someday.

well my seedlings are day one...

i put them in super start plugs by sunleaves
now they went over night and no humidity built up what so ever...
and the temps were in the 60's inside the dome i have it in.. humidity hasnt gone more then 50%

what do you think are the odds that those seeds will make it thru still?

i just changed the room that they are in into my bedroom..seems warmer in here.. and i have the ambient light on it now.. nothing directly.. it was in complete darkness last night.. but idk.. i know im overthinkin especially for the first day..

i just thought that they like a warm dark environment.. but is that only for the paper method?

btw.. how do u germinate the seeds again?

love ur SOG keep the lucious buds comming! :goodjob:

well my seedlings are day one...

i put them in super start plugs by sunleaves
now they went over night and no humidity built up what so ever...
and the temps were in the 60's inside the dome i have it in.. humidity hasnt gone more then 50%

what do you think are the odds that those seeds will make it thru still?

i just changed the room that they are in into my bedroom..seems warmer in here.. and i have the ambient light on it now.. nothing directly.. it was in complete darkness last night.. but idk.. i know im overthinkin especially for the first day..

i just thought that they like a warm dark environment.. but is that only for the paper method?

btw.. how do u germinate the seeds again?

love ur SOG keep the lucious buds comming! :goodjob:

I haven't germinated seeds in a while. Everything in my garden comes from clones.

Hey 420fied,

Wow...what can one say besides...WOW!!

Those plants are amazing, I always love to look at your flower room. I say the bigger the lean the better, just don't let her snap. Do you ever have to stake? Probably not, they are sooo close together.

And I notice you also have yellowing leaves...would you call that an N def?

I've noticed that my girls have what I think is an N def. But I'm not doing anything about it cause I'm not sure, and I don't want to over LOVE them

:bravo:

@ Organic Treees -- Are you journalling that grow?

Hey 420fied,

Those plants are amazing, I always love to look at your flower room. I say the bigger the lean the better, just don't let her snap. Do you ever have to stake? Probably not, they are sooo close together.

I've noticed that my girls have what I think is an N def. But I'm not doing anything about it cause I'm not sure, and I don't want to over LOVE them

Thanks for the kind words sqwheels. A lot of the yellowing on the run that's about to be chopped comes from me burning them up. However, I have found that sometimes the fans will yellow up during the later flower stages. I don't call it an N deficiency as I have gorged them on BPN so they're definitely not lacking for N. I don't even worry about a yellow leaf or two as it's quite natural.

Hey 420fied,

nah that plant has already grown out, been harvested, and passed through my lungs. I grow perpetually, and am currently battling the borg in addition to revamping my flower room. I have a vertical flower structure about mid way into construction and an arsenal of air pots and drip irrigation to finish building for it, so my time has been pretty much eaten away by that.. Once I get everything under control in there and the system is running well I plan on throwing a journal up. I notice on this site vertical growing is a very rare thing to come across.. Doubling the surface area of your lights sounds like a no brainier for indoor growers looking to get the most out of their equipment.. I hope to influence as many people as possible into trying the vertical thing out. I'm sure a combination of that and the genius 2L grows and other great ideas, we can see some really high yields. It's been proven to get upwards of 2+gpw with vertical systems, although it's mostly done hydroponically, I'm taking an organic soil approach to it.

So keep an eye out in the next few months for that.. I have a nice landrace sativa I plan on using pretty soon

Pulling up a chair!! 420fied :adore:you have taught us so much thank you!! I am trying to replicate your awesomeness on a smaller scale as we speak 8 in, 8 out every 2 weeks 2x4 with a 600 hps and bpn nutes. Just put my second round in 15 this time and have 6 in the cloner also hoped on the wagon with the snow white figured if I'm going to try to replicate better do it with the same strain. Cheers my friend!! Again thank you and I will totally be checkin in on your wicked setup often!:goodjob::thanks::thumb:

420fied I'm ordering some Blueplanet today I'm wondering since your doing such a precise feeding schedule weekly do you have it broke down as how many ml you use every time of each substance like a carbon copy?

420fied I'm ordering some Blueplanet today I'm wondering since your doing such a precise feeding schedule weekly do you have it broke down as how many ml you use every time of each substance like a carbon copy?

From page 27 of this journal:

Days 1-3 - 450PPM (5ML Micro, 5ML Grow, 5ML Bloom)
Days 4-14 - 700PPM (10ML Micro, 5ML Grow, 5ML Bloom)
Days 15-21 - 900PPM (10ML Micro, 10ML Grow, 10ML Bloom, 2ML LB)
Days 22-42 - 1250PPM (10ML Micro, 10ML Grow, 25ML Bloom, 2ML LB)
Days 43-57 - 1350PPM (10ML Micro, 12ML Grow, 30ML Bloom, 2.5ML LB)
Days 58-60 - Flush with plain water
Days 61-63 - Let plants dry out
Day 63 - Chop

Best of luck my friend.

420fied said:
From page 27 of this journal:

Days 1-3 - 450PPM (5ML Micro, 5ML Grow, 5ML Bloom)
Days 4-14 - 700PPM (10ML Micro, 5ML Grow, 5ML Bloom)
Days 15-21 - 900PPM (10ML Micro, 10ML Grow, 10ML Bloom, 2ML LB)
Days 22-42 - 1250PPM (10ML Micro, 10ML Grow, 25ML Bloom, 2ML LB)
Days 43-57 - 1350PPM (10ML Micro, 12ML Grow, 30ML Bloom, 2.5ML LB)
Days 58-60 - Flush with plain water
Days 61-63 - Let plants dry out
Day 63 - Chop

Best of luck my friend.

Thanks very much

Pulling up a chair!! 420fied :adore:you have taught us so much thank you!! I am trying to replicate your awesomeness on a smaller scale as we speak 8 in, 8 out every 2 weeks 2x4 with a 600 hps and bpn nutes. Just put my second round in 15 this time and have 6 in the cloner also hoped on the wagon with the snow white figured if I'm going to try to replicate better do it with the same strain. Cheers my friend!! Again thank you and I will totally be checkin in on your wicked setup often!:goodjob::thanks::thumb:

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I hope you find growing Snow White as enjoyable as I do. May all your buds be dense.

Hello everyone,

Today I come to you with great news. For a long time I have toyed with the idea of moving my garden to a new space. Until yesterday it was just a thought. However, an opportunity presented itself and I took advantage. Within the next 2 months the pictures coming from my garden will have a completely different look.

What's this mean for 420fied and his journal here?

By the end of the month I will be building the new garden and hope to take you along for the ride.

Right now I am limited to running a single mother as I simply do not have the room to run the necessary mothers to fill out an entire 88 plant run at once. I usually end up taking 20-30 plants per harvest. I'm running (2) 600 watt HPS units to flower with and usually have anywhere from 50-80 plants running at once at different stages of flower in a flower room that's approx 8'x8'.

All that is about to change in a big way.

I will soon be running (4)...and then eventually (6) 600 watt HPS units to flower with in a dedicated flower room that's approx 12' x 20'. I will be able to run 5 large mothers at once and I will build the aero cloners necessary to provide me with 200-300 babies at once in a dedicated veg/mom/clone room that's approx 12' x 12'.

It's going to take a while, but once up and running at full speed I will run approx 180 2L SOG plants at once under (4) HPS units and then be able to expand that to 270 plants when I flower under (6) HPS units. (I know the laws, please keep the legal discussions out of this journal. Thank you.)

My journals have shown harvests of 25-30 plants along the way so obviously we're upping the ante a bit.

Stay tuned. ;)

Hello everyone,

Today I come to you with great news. For a long time I have toyed with the idea of moving my garden to a new space. Until yesterday it was just a thought. However, an opportunity presented itself and I took advantage. Within the next 2 months the pictures coming from my garden will have a completely different look.

By the end of the month I will be building the new garden and hope to take you along for the ride.

Right now I am limited to running a single mother as I simply do not have the room to run the necessary mothers to fill out an entire 88 plant run at once. I usually end up taking 20-30 plants per harvest. I'm running (2) 600 watt HPS units to flower with and usually have anywhere from 50-80 plants running at once at different stages of flower in a flower room that's approx 8'x8'.

I will soon be running (4)...and then eventually (6) 600 watt HPS units to flower with in a dedicated flower room that's approx 12' x 20'. I will be able to run 5 large mothers at once and I will build the aero cloners necessary to provide me with 200-300 babies at once in a dedicated veg/mom/clone room that's approx 12' x 12'.

It's going to take a while, but once up and running at full speed I will run approx 180 2L SOG plants at once under (4) HPS units and then be able to expand that to 270 plants when I flower under (6) HPS units. (I know the laws, please keep the legal discussions out of this journal. Thank you.)

My journals have shown harvests of 25-30 plants along the way so obviously we're upping the ante a bit.

Stay tuned. ;)

AWESOME, Bro! :high-five:

Goodluck in the new space and I can't wait to see the jungle!
:popcorn:

420fied said:
Hello everyone,

Stay tuned. ;)

::drool:: awesome...simply awesome... Definitelee staying tuned

Back
Top Bottom