2 Liter Hempy SOG

Hey 420, I've read most of your journals and I thank you for all the advice and solid information you've offered up. I've got a couple of thoughts/questions, hope I didn't miss any of this in previous pages...

1. Is it possible to retain a sealed environment the way you've drawn it above? (i.e., does the air flow behind the glass on your air-cooled lights and the scrubber to the attic not affect the atmosphere in your room?) I'm thinking that those hoods aren't air tight enough to prevent CO2, etc. from leaving the room... is that right? I'm debating a sealed room and just can't decide which is best for me.

2. Just as a variation I decided to use Rubbermaid 3+ liter pitchers (like this, but not exactly: Rubbermaid 3063 1 Gallon Plastic Pitcher with Lid (FG306300RD)). I like these because they're opaque and very sturdy, and because of the nature of my space the handles will come into use - I have to reach into my space and take out plants for maintenance fairly often. I got a bulk deal at a restaurant supply place, so I don't feel too bad about the extra cost and I'll be able to re-use for a long time - also, my grow is considerably smaller than yours, so far less pots. Your system of soda bottles is great, but I wanted to try something else (and no cutting or painting in my scenario, so I save a couple hours). Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks again, man - I really appreciate your common-sense approach and writing.

Love reading your journal always tons of great ideas! I have two white widows flowering under a SCROG and when they are about halfway through flowering I want to stick 2-4 2L in there and see how I like doing that over the SCROG. How many 2L do you think I would I need to be equivalent to what a 25x15 SCROG could produce? Thanks! Keep it up :)

I assume you mean 15" x 25". You could put (24) 2 liters in the same space and increase your yield.

Yo, 420fied. How do you make your amazing drawings?

OrganicTrees is correct. Photoshop.

i would assume paint or photoshop since they're lines and basic shapes

:thumb:

So mr. Kripp led me to your journal, and he wasnt kidding. You are very good at what you do master jedi! The force is strong with this new one :slide: But I am very new to growing. Like first timer. And although I have a very reliable and educated people that I have direct help with, I have learned an immense amount of all the knowledge from your journal or people that you have directly effected the way they do things journals. And I :thanks: for that. I am not able to start out right ff the gate, doing this type of grow. But all will come in due time. I just want some moms. But I will say, that the two clone I bought today are nothing but individual colas. And im prayin t the pot gods that mine are even half as good as yours. But one question, since I am letting my seedlings catch up to my clones on veg time. Will the two I bought today, stay the way they are? Or will I have to help?

:Namaste:

Thank you. MK is a great dude and a great grower. I'm not sure I understand your last question about the clones.

Hey 420, I've read most of your journals and I thank you for all the advice and solid information you've offered up. I've got a couple of thoughts/questions, hope I didn't miss any of this in previous pages...

1. Is it possible to retain a sealed environment the way you've drawn it above? (i.e., does the air flow behind the glass on your air-cooled lights and the scrubber to the attic not affect the atmosphere in your room?) I'm thinking that those hoods aren't air tight enough to prevent CO2, etc. from leaving the room... is that right? I'm debating a sealed room and just can't decide which is best for me.

2. Just as a variation I decided to use Rubbermaid 3+ liter pitchers (like this, but not exactly: Rubbermaid 3063 1 Gallon Plastic Pitcher with Lid (FG306300RD)). I like these because they're opaque and very sturdy, and because of the nature of my space the handles will come into use - I have to reach into my space and take out plants for maintenance fairly often. I got a bulk deal at a restaurant supply place, so I don't feel too bad about the extra cost and I'll be able to re-use for a long time - also, my grow is considerably smaller than yours, so far less pots. Your system of soda bottles is great, but I wanted to try something else (and no cutting or painting in my scenario, so I save a couple hours). Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks again, man - I really appreciate your common-sense approach and writing.

1. Considering I haven't even ordered my hoods yet or started the actual build,, I don't know. I doubt my space will be completely sealed though.

2. Best of luck with your new pots. They will certainly work for you. I grow volume so the 2 liters are always the best option for me.

Best of luck my friend.

OrganicTrees is correct. Photoshop.

Thank you. MK is a great dude and a great grower. I'm not sure I understand your last question about the clones.

Best of luck my friend.

Sorry, I shoulda been more clear. I am asking if ill have to do any trimming or anything to keep them one fat cola aka. foxtails, if im going to let them veg until my seedlings are ready to flower? Also, I had a few questions about my clones if you can get a chance... check out my journal? Thanks my friend!

Well for now we are trying to stay legal which caps at 12. I am hoping to be a caregiver which will allow me up to 72 with five patients and myself. Do you think it would be better for now to stick with the scrog till I find out how the laws play out when the dispensaries open? Maybe just experiment with 2L on the side of my screen? :thanks:

I'd never recommend that anyone break the law but plant numbers don't apply in my garden. ;)

Sorry, I shoulda been more clear. I am asking if ill have to do any trimming or anything to keep them one fat cola aka. foxtails, if im going to let them veg until my seedlings are ready to flower? Also, I had a few questions about my clones if you can get a chance... check out my journal? Thanks my friend!

I send my planted clones straight to 12/12 and they finish as a single cola. If you're waiting for seedlings to catch up to your clones you're going to be waiting a while...so I'm guessing you'll have to lollipop(trim side branching) your clones to keep them as a single cola.

I'm getting ready to head over to the new space and do some work but I will certainly take a look later.

I don't want to add much about the new space here as I am going to be starting a new journal to document the entire build over there, but here are a couple teaser pics. These are some of the first taken, before anything was touched.

Here's the attic over the flower room. You can see the gable vent.

flwrgable.JPG

Looking the other way back towards the veg room.

top55.JPG

Insulating the sides pace knee wall.

sidespace.JPG

kneeinsul.JPG

;)

I send my planted clones straight to 12/12 and they finish as a single cola. If you're waiting for seedlings to catch up to your clones you're going to be waiting a while...so I'm guessing you'll have to lollipop(trim side branching) your clones to keep them as a single cola.

I'm getting ready to head over to the new space and do some work but I will certainly take a look later.

Thanks a buch! Ill do some research on lollipop them. And all is good in due time my friend. Take your time and have fun and I cant wait to see pics of the new setup! :goodjob: Its going to ROCK :theband:!!!!

Good luck with your attic grow op. Whats the footprint of you lights? Are you using 3ftx3ft for one as a guide line?

Thank you.

I will have (4) HPS units lined up so my light footprint is approx 24" x 98", assuming I have 6" between each hood. The actual grow footprint is a bit larger. The hoods I'm going to order are 20" x 24". Rows of (6) 2 liters would be 25 1/4" wide. Rows of (8) would be 34".

Therefore, I could run (23) rows of either 6 or 8 plants giving me anywhere from 138- 184 SOG plants per run.

Hi folks,

I've been getting a lot of PMs, etc about the size of my clones, the size of their root systems, etc, so I wanted to put these on here.

I make sure the roots on my clones are long enough that they reach the res at the bottom when I bury them.

roots81.JPG

bury1.JPG

Also, it seems that most of my clones are in the 5.5 - 7 inch range.

clone62.JPG

Good growing everyone

420fied,

You're the man... :adore::adore::adore: Love the pics

You credit that cola to BPN? Didn't they look like that prior to those nutes also? Seems like the first journal of yours I read you were using something else.

Hey FIED thats a sick cola im tryin to explain to the other half that almost if not every single one of ur colas look like that .... Super Sick now thats productivity in its finest state all the rep in the world to u my friend...:thumb:

I think you should start a new journal when you get your new space set up.

I am. ;)

420fied,

You're the man... :adore::adore::adore: Love the pics

You credit that cola to BPN? Didn't they look like that prior to those nutes also? Seems like the first journal of yours I read you were using something else.

lol... I love ya sqwheels. I laughed when I read that exchange. *smh*

Hey FIED thats a sick cola im tryin to explain to the other half that almost if not every single one of ur colas look like that .... Super Sick now thats productivity in its finest state all the rep in the world to u my friend...:thumb:

Thanks man. I've been averaging about 16 grams per SOG plant with BPN. Sometimes I'll get the 11-14 gram plant and then sometimes I get 18-20 gram plants so it all averages out.

Most of them finish in the 15-17 gram range though.

Can someone tell me how to add reps for this man? He is amazing! Just hands down amazing!! :cheer: :welldone: :Namaste:

Thank you for the kind words. Lots of amazing growers on this site!

Back
Top Bottom