2 Liter Hempy SOG

Yup! And that's exactly what I thought it was...it looks very similar in concept to what I had been thinking of doing, so I'll be taking notes!

How many feedings have you figured the 30 gallon res will do now/when you expand?

I don't suppose you would have any idea how easy the droppers clog up? I'd love to be able to put diluted compost teas (strained of course) through it every so often, if I could without clogging things up anyway.

I like the valves, so you can shut down/open up the system in thirds...that's nice. For flushing I had been thinking of threaded caps on each end so I could push/pull a brush through if necessary.

I will definitely check out Xare's journal as well. :thumb:

I can't wait to see this come together! :yahoo: +Reps if I can!

Edit: Looks like I have to spread some love first... Somebody rep 420fied for me, would you?

Good questions.

I've done some math and with 4 lights running 176 plants, each feeding will require approx 9-11 gallons(at their max) depending upon how I set the pump so the 32 gallon res should be alright for 2/3 days when they're drinking heavily. Of course, as babies the res fills when I feed them 6 oz daily. Once they hit day 14/15 they really start drinking it up and it takes about 8 oz daily to fill the res. Once they mature and get to around 7 weeks they don't drink as much so I'll have to adjust throughout the run. I'll have to tinker with it once I'm up and running and dial it in. Once I expand to (6) lights the feedings will be approx 13-15 gallons daily(a big reason why I'm leaning toward finding a larger, 50 gallon trash can if I can).

I've never ran drippers but Xare ran his with no problems. I've heard they clog easily but I plan on installing screens to act as filters.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Frat,

I got him for ya... +reps 420fied...love the setup. This is gonna be fun :)

420fied, That diagram is perfectly self explanatory...Great job

:thanks:

420fied, have you ever considered running a vertical setup? with the various designs you have build over the years, I'm sure you could build an incredible system and since you have your strain dialed in, you could easily double your efficiency.

I love the room design, it will be sick to see it in action

Thank you. I've considered it but never got around to it.

awesome sketch 420fied!

i am looking forward to seeing you results with this new setup and this irrigation system!
def going to have to mimic you (again) for the billionth time on the system for auto drip once i get enough plants running!

:high-five:

btw!
if using Distilled water from wal-mart
should i be adding cal/mag to my mix?

Thanks for the kind words. Distilled water = RO water, so the answer is yes...CalMag will do ya some good. ;)

Will a 6in carbon filter cope with a room that size? I have a 12"rhino in mine with similar size flower room and i still have to use ona gel on top of that?

You might be right. I might need to look at an 8" combo.

Flower room = 20'x11'x8' = 1760cu ft to find the cfm needed lets divide by 5.

1760/5 = 352cfm needed. Therefore, to treat the room in 5 minutes, I'd need a fan with a cfm rating of at least 352. The Growbright 6" has a 424cfm rating and the 8" model has a 590cfm rating. They do not list different cfm's for scrubbing vs exhausting.

The Can66 8" combo which has a scrubbing cfm of 824 but an exhaust rating of 412cfm. The Can50 combo also has an exhaust rating of 420cfm.

Here are the listed specs for the Can66 8" fan/filter combo:

Max Recirculating (Scrubbing) CFM: 824 cfm / 1400 m³h
Max Exhaust CFM: 412 cfm / 700 m³h
@ 0.1 sec contact time
Recommended Min Airflow: 206 cfm / 350 m³h
Prefilter: Yes
Flange: 6", 8", 10"
Dimensions: (with pre-filter)
·Outside Diameter: 30cm / 12"
·Height: 66cm / 26"
·Total Weight: 20kg / 44lbs.
·Carbon Weight: 14kg / 31lbs.
·Carbon Bed Depth: 5cm / 2"
Max Operating Temp: 80ºC
Pressure drop at max cfm: 180pa / .75"wg

I made a call and the reason the Can is so much more expensive than the Growbrights is because of the quality of the filter. Thanks for making me take another look.

Are you scrubbing your room or exhausting it?

I have a 240 cfm, inline fan pulling on my 470 cfm carbon air filter with Air Scrubber Oder Control, and pushing on my 600watt cool tube out of my 2x4x5 tent, can't smell a thing until you pop your head in the tent. I think I might of went a little over board on the air filter but better safe then sorry. I also read you want to ideally move 1 to 3x your cu ft per min might be excessive but playing it safe and respecting your neighbors has always kept me out of trouble. Hopefully with this new adventure I can keep it that way!:peace:

You might be right. I might need to look at an 8" combo.

Flower room = 20'x11'x8' = 1760cu ft to find the cfm needed lets divide by 5.

1760/5 = 352cfm needed. Therefore, to treat the room in 5 minutes, I'd need a fan with a cfm rating of at least 352. The Growbright 6" has a 424cfm rating and the 8" model has a 590cfm rating. They do not list different cfm's for scrubbing vs exhausting.

The Can66 8" combo which has a scrubbing cfm of 824 but an exhaust rating of 412cfm. The Can50 combo also has an exhaust rating of 420cfm.

Here are the listed specs for the Can66 8" fan/filter combo:

Max Recirculating (Scrubbing) CFM: 824 cfm / 1400 m³h
Max Exhaust CFM: 412 cfm / 700 m³h
@ 0.1 sec contact time
Recommended Min Airflow: 206 cfm / 350 m³h
Prefilter: Yes
Flange: 6", 8", 10"
Dimensions: (with pre-filter)
·Outside Diameter: 30cm / 12"
·Height: 66cm / 26"
·Total Weight: 20kg / 44lbs.
·Carbon Weight: 14kg / 31lbs.
·Carbon Bed Depth: 5cm / 2"
Max Operating Temp: 80ºC
Pressure drop at max cfm: 180pa / .75"wg

I made a call and the reason the Can is so much more expensive than the Growbrights is because of the quality of the filter. Thanks for making me take another look.

Are you scrubbing your room or exhausting it?

I a m scrubbing and exhausting:laughtwo: The scrubbing aspect is much more important to me at mo but obviously need to keep the air circulating. I pretty much always have decent sized areas and i find that normally if u are lookibg to deal with odour probs the can filters always over exagerate what they can do. Having said that i am currently using a rhino can filter and it is excellent when compared with any other can filter i have used. downside is the price reflects this :(

I also had an 6in intake with rvk fan pulling into the room. But with the 10in exhaust fan (10"-12"reducer filter-fan) i could turn the intake fan off and the exhaust fan pulled enough air in.

If u are just looking to exhaust it may be ok but the 6" can isnt going to deal with odour of 100's plants. If budget allows go bigger and just use a simple fan controller???

I sure u have it worked out and cant wait to see actual set up cos i am going to follow suit in about 3 weeks but going to try 4 600w with 2litre hempy/dwc method twelve style. I'll journal it to see if there is a dif between straight hempy or dwc hempy..........

Hey 420fied this is one of the best journals ive ever had the chance to read and I must say its great very informative love the huge glr convo and ur problems will blow over had a few of my own but looking forward to the new setup and yea xare is good his journal made start hempy couldnt resist and its great I love it goona be tryin coco soon but after a few runs what do you guys think is more easily reused the perlite mix(what im using now) or coco if I let my perlite get really dry it comes away from roots a lil easier but I still feel alot of media is wasted any thoughts on this? Anyway +rep and 5 stars
If you get time check my grow 18 strains hempy 400 on a mover 2x6 closet.

Enough of the GLR debate. Let's get back on topic.

I have drawn up a rough print of the new space. I have been doing work there but right now it's just insulating the entire space. Once I get things in some sort of order I will begin the painting, sealing off process and I will be sure to add plenty of pictures of the process from setup, to grow, to harvest.

This will give you guys an idea of the setup. Remember, this is subject to change but this gets us pretty close.

print1.jpg

I know this will probably confuse most of you so I will answer questions as you post them.

very nice setup

Thank you 420fied for taking the show up a big notch. I've read everything you've shared here and was hoping you would elevate the pepsi bottle grow to a new level. The diagram shows a can for scrubbing as well as AC units for cooling. I assume this is to be a sealed room. I had a sealed room with a pair of 1000w lamps that unfortunately had to be taken down due to a sudden city inspection of the rental property. Luckily I worked all night and made the space look like a storage room - workshop. I've been collecting pepsi bottles and will be following the newest journal. I appreciate your way of doing things and I'll definitely use your new set-up as the pattern for my own run. It's been a long time and I've wanted to do a hempy soil-less hydro sea of green. I feel like it's more beneficial than flood or dwc or even drip to coco. One question, with 2 1k bulbs I could get close to the yield you'll be doing with 4 - 6 600w lamps? Also, what is the main benefit of running the 600s over the 1ks?
Cheers

Late last night I defoliated the oldest 28 plants in the 50 plant run.

Before I got started I enjoyed a bong load of SW

swcap.JPG

Ready for a haircut

pre2.JPG

pre1.JPG

High and tight

post11.JPG

post22.JPG

Up and comers which are 15 days behind the oldest ones.

comers.JPG

The Flower room has 71 running in 2L pots right now. The gunge in the right rear comes down in 5 days. ;)

groupof71.JPG

More to come later.

:bong:

Hey 420fied this is one of the best journals ive ever had the chance to read and I must say its great very informative love the huge glr convo and ur problems will blow over had a few of my own but looking forward to the new setup and yea xare is good his journal made start hempy couldnt resist and its great I love it goona be tryin coco soon but after a few runs what do you guys think is more easily reused the perlite mix(what im using now) or coco if I let my perlite get really dry it comes away from roots a lil easier but I still feel alot of media is wasted any thoughts on this? Anyway +rep and 5 stars
If you get time check my grow 18 strains hempy 400 on a mover 2x6 closet.

Thank you for the kind words. I've never used coco but the P&V mix is certainly reusable. All you can do is let your pots dry and then try and shake as much of it out of the root ball as you can. You'll lose some but you'll also recycle a whole bunch too. Thanks for stopping by and I'll try and check out your grow if I can.

Thank you 420fied for taking the show up a big notch. I've read everything you've shared here and was hoping you would elevate the pepsi bottle grow to a new level. The diagram shows a can for scrubbing as well as AC units for cooling. I assume this is to be a sealed room. I had a sealed room with a pair of 1000w lamps that unfortunately had to be taken down due to a sudden city inspection of the rental property. Luckily I worked all night and made the space look like a storage room - workshop. I've been collecting pepsi bottles and will be following the newest journal. I appreciate your way of doing things and I'll definitely use your new set-up as the pattern for my own run. It's been a long time and I've wanted to do a hempy soil-less hydro sea of green. I feel like it's more beneficial than flood or dwc or even drip to coco. One question, with 2 1k bulbs I could get close to the yield you'll be doing with 4 - 6 600w lamps? Also, what is the main benefit of running the 600s over the 1ks?
Cheers

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure if I'm going to seal the room yet or not. I'm still in the idea phase. There's no benefit to running 600's, it's just that I already have (2) lights so I figured I'd add two more. Some folks think 600's are the most efficient light but the 1000's outproduce them. I wish you the best of luck.

@420fied First of all, you're living the dream. I want to smoke a bowl with you one day :)
Next, what do you think of putting the reservoir closer to the utility sink? The reservoir is probably going to need cleaning every now and then and it might be easier if it is closer to the sink. Also, you can use this stuff (link below) to make a homemade filter with some pieces of PVC. it can be something that can be screwed into the line coming from the reservoir and you can unscrew and take it apart to clean it. mesh size 70 is the same size that is used for faucet aerators but those screens are too small and must be cleaned too often. You can also cut some pipe screens out of it. It can be cut to as large of a piece as you need. THe larger the piece, the less you have to clean it. The filter itself needs to be something that can be unscrewed and cleaned. I am sure that you have spent many an hour at lowes or home depot looking at PVC pieces.. I like to get stoned and wander around lowes and let my mind wander with thoughts of grow room designs ;)

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

One day we will make it happen for sure.

Thanks for the info and the link C. I too find myself walking around Lowes daydreaming...lol. I agree that the closer I can get the sink to the res, the better. I will continue to adjust the plan.

I'm also considering starting a new journal to document the build, and then a few runs in the new space.

After a lengthy brainstorming session with a very friendly and knowledgeable 420Mag member by the name of Springy, I have made more changes. I think we're getting really close now.

print10.jpg

Thanks again Springy!

*I have decided to trade in my open air reflectors and go with (4) air cooled hoods in a single line. Air will be pulled from the crawl space, blown across the bulbs, and exhausted into the attic.

*The carbon scrubber/fan combo will also dump into the attic space which has gable and roof vents. Those vents will allow the top attic to exchange itself and drain into the atmosphere. This will more evenly distribute the heat signature in regards to IR as well.

print13.jpg

i would assume paint or photoshop since they're lines and basic shapes

So mr. Kripp led me to your journal, and he wasnt kidding. You are very good at what you do master jedi! The force is strong with this new one :slide: But I am very new to growing. Like first timer. And although I have a very reliable and educated people that I have direct help with, I have learned an immense amount of all the knowledge from your journal or people that you have directly effected the way they do things journals. And I :thanks: for that. I am not able to start out right ff the gate, doing this type of grow. But all will come in due time. I just want some moms. But I will say, that the two clone I bought today are nothing but individual colas. And im prayin t the pot gods that mine are even half as good as yours. But one question, since I am letting my seedlings catch up to my clones on veg time. Will the two I bought today, stay the way they are? Or will I have to help?

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom