2000W HPS, 11 Strains, 12 Plants, Scrog, SOG

Day 54! This is by far the best grow I have ever had. I am going to have edibles for EONS.
I am literally going to go broke buying chocolate and baking stuff at walmart so I can make goodies.
Good thing my medical has the limits it does this is going to be more than I thought. This grow was more of a I'm going to plan the shit out of it apply lots of thought and throw money at what I needed not what I wanted hope for the best epect...well expect what I have gotten the last few runs. But This room is plan B.

Plan A is slowly being implemented every time the wife looks away.......little here little there... She knows not... (riiiight) Though she doesn't really care. I'm lucky but I like to think I'm sneaky when I get the chance haha! More good things to come. I like doing the journal thing! Might even do a youtube channel, not sure.

One thing for sure I want to go CMH or LED next run. Thinking those bar light things to get massive spread on everything or maybe go with 6x 315w cmh. Thought of going with a bunch of those Mars Led SP-250 series but would need 6 or 8 of them and may be a tad expensive once I factor in .................tune in next grow kids nice try! ..... ;)

Either way havest time SOON™

Hey man, ladies are lookin freaking awesome! Great job!

I see you found one of those fogging units! How high have you been able to get your humidity now? I had been thinking about doing the same thing, just wasn't sure how well it would work in a bigger room like mine or how many I would need. On top of that I'm not about to waste money on RO water for it, I think my tap water would ruin it. Let me know how it works out for ya.

The 3 head seems to be ok, I have it set at 40% and maintains well until ac kicks in and then down 5%. I wasn't sure if cause the girls were used to 20% going right up to where I should be might be a kick to the system all of sudden... and being this late in flower I didn't want any issues. Next run I'll set it up where it should be and it should be able to keep up.

Also for now I have the mister on my light timer as the room gets down a bit at lights out didn't want cold temps + high humidity and getting mold.

I have been using tap water. Water got an almost imperceptible cloudyness to it so I threw in 2 drops of peroxide and that cleared right up no issues since. I think it may have been leftover nute residue in the bucket though.... so separate bucket for the mister now. ;)

Nice setup and nice looking crop. Scrogged and still yoyo'd tops. Thats gonna be a big haul.

On the humidity - as long as your room temps are in the 70s F - the humidity levels are not as important. The plants will be happy with temps in the 70s its when the temps get to 80F+ then the stomata will begin to close to help retain water if the humidity is low.

Cant you bring in out side air to cool instead of using AC?? I'm in the North East US and we have similar issues. I just open my window a crack at lights out sometimes. In the summer I run AC 24/7. Lower RH is better than high RH.

My plants are watered automatically and they transpire a good deal so you can water more often - the plants wont mind. After 45ish days in flower my girls drink a gallon or more per day per plant and transpire enough to keep the room relatively humid. 30-45% I'm happy with temps under 80F.

Wont be long we will be worrying about high RH. lol

Been flushing for a bit now. Have to use shop vac and 5g buckets to remove the run off. Real pain in the ass. I am still sourcing cheap hydro buckets with bottom drain hole so I can run a hose downstairs. Problem is being in Canada these are not cheap with shipping/exchange rates =(

Need something like this.
Oxygen pot

the bucket company

Yes yes... I could make some kind of system using home depot buckets or whatever.
I would rather spend the money on some nice pots. I just want my setup the way I want it.

Besides, I already have a water res and if I have some nice hydro buckets what is to say I couldn't just run some sort of hydro setup with very little 'upgrading' later down the line? I'd be like 1/2 way there!

Cant you bring in out side air to cool instead of using AC?? I'm in the North East US and we have similar issues. I just open my window a crack at lights out sometimes. In the summer I run AC 24/7. Lower RH is better than high RH.

No outside air.... Sometimes gets to be like -40F outside in the winter time and I think that would cause all sorts of issues.
Which sucks cause today is only like 5F and 70% humidity. Whatever this system works and should do for the winter months.

Ok thought you mentioned using AC ??

You running that to keep room cool?

Not questioning your setup just having a dialog.

I've been at this a while - learnt a lot of shit from making mistakes and still making them and still learning.

Getting ready to move farther north and I have a cottage in Ontario so cold and snow in my future. :Namaste:

Early samples promising these are all from lower branches. I had them all labled then while putting in the 12th nug I spilled the whole damn tray lmao..... sigh. Few more days and its chainsaw time! Man the final finish on these taking forever. Maybe temps too low lights off.. Who knows. What I do know is I cannot wait to light up the edibles section.

PRE EDIT: I'm thinking these are all a bit close quarters after looking at the picture while checking my spelling and grammar on this posts preview...worried about mold.. thoughts?

One good thing about having a scrog I am seeing is that it can just flip over to hang. So today wifey helped me do just that. Quite a bit of weight on this lol... too bad a huge portion of that is water and stock! (Ugh.... and leaves.....)
Another bonus is the lights are up high for the clones when they get put in by default to make room for hanging the scrog. Nice when things come together. Will post pics in here when its dried and trimmed to see how much each of the strains got.

To keep track of things I stapled the strain tag to the stock. Wife doesn't like the smell or being gooped up with weed goodness so she was raging a bit and covered in stuff and wanted out so me wanting to screw around with markers and tags and ect was a no go ;)

:rollit:

So my purple haze is turning out to be an interesting plant.

Its leaking goop (had this happen once before on my first grow) Read somewhere this is terps no?

Also, I don't know HOW I spotted it... but I found a seed in the purple haze as well. I was literally just checking all the plants moisture and the flashlight and my eyeball lined right up with like 100th of a millimeter for a billionth of a second and my brain must have been on the ball cause it was in fact a seed. Tripped me out a bit that I even saw it. (sorry you had to have been me to fully understand hahah)

I think Iater when I have time I'm going to go through and have a look see at it and the rest..... I havn't seen any signs before but if this is a seed crop.....I'm going to rage. I think I'm good didn't see any others in my quick study.

Preliminary bud report! Got 23oz of proper nug. And a boat load of not so proper nug. I wasn't able to put in the time lollipopping it as much as I should have been. Also should have done a full leaf strip to open up lower bud sites.
Half way through run out of my nute regiment and had to basically use whatever I had laying around which caused issues.......both ph and burn. I also ended up having to do a late late flush so had to run over on some of the plants that were already done. Trich's weren't that bad over all those and generally averaged out "close enough" for the girls I run with ;)

Also I had the plants spread out too wide and not enough light was getting to some of the side branches which caused some stragglers and hangers on that should really have been cut. One of the pineapple haze was on that side..... it would have been a 2oz plant like the other! Another thing I have to do is move my A/C to a better spot and not have such high fan speeds. Left side row was 1/2 what the middle and right side were opposite the A/C....

Once I get all this mess cleaned properly and I go through leftovers its chocolate and gummy making time!

Really happy with Barney's Farm Pineapple haze(2.1oz!) and Red diesel (1.75oz). Also they are forum sponsor! I'm currently going through their catalogue to see what other sorts of goodness they got going on!
Also really happy with the Amherst Sour Diesel and the Gigabud.

• StarKiller - Has a really nice black licorice/anise/mint type smell, very interesting. Decent nugs.
  • Underdog OG - Old school dank smell, dense bud.
  • Critical Cheese - Seems ok, plant placement could have been better.....
  • Gigabud - Nice kick you in the head type high. Smells great, good dense bud.
  • Purple Haze - Not real strong but smells kinda nice.
  • Red Diesel - Dig it. Great smell good buds!
  • Pineapple Haze - One pheno produced more than the other bur both legit smell pineapple! Great smoke!
  • Amherst Sour Diesel - Again another strain with legit terpine profile. Actual diesel fuel smell. Great plant.
  • 24k Gold - Old dank run of the mill OG (not a bad thing???)
  • California Orange - Another head kicker. Frosty throughout. Smells like I dunno lol.
  • Canadian Lemon Aid - Probably a northern lights knockoff, seems ok though!
All in all good times were had, mistakes were made lessons were learned.....money was spent.......
Next run going to do a mono crop. 12 strains was.. painful to deal with and a big undertaking for me.

Up next 1 strain 12/15 plants not sure what though. Hoping to order 3x630w DE CMH lights in the next week or two for better spread and to replace the 1000w mh/hps setup not sure yet. Can't afford LED's or at least anything that would be worth while. Want to stick to around 1500-1800w. Thats about my heat limit.

Thanks for watching!
:420:

Can move this to completed grows maybe been done for a cold minute.

Also, I believe my limit at that time was 24oz or something... and posted "I got 23"
But uh... someone with this setup could easily have gotten 50oz or so and a bunch of trim and popcorn from the bottom but who's to say this was 2yrs ago.... memory is foggy at best. :yummy:
Grow room being completely redone. Expect new grow journal starting in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom