Did you try that early bud yet? Lol
To sorry bro totally forgot. Yh I had a toot the other day wanted to cure it nice before having a go. What a pong! And what a hit. Went in a little too strong knocked me for 6 haha! I'm unsure of the taste I will wait until the full harvest to be the decider overall. So far not my favourite tbh. I mean if you want to forget your name then sure. But taste is strange. Bitter and pine then after half way through very citrus. Will see what the final product brings for sure

To sorry bro totally forgot. Yh I had a toot the other day wanted to cure it nice before having a go. What a pong! And what a hit. Went in a little too strong knocked me for 6 haha! I'm unsure of the taste I will wait until the full harvest to be the decider overall. So far not my favourite tbh. I mean if you want to forget your name then sure. But taste is strange. Bitter and pine then after half way through very citrus. Will see what the final product brings for sure

Yeah, I think the taste is strange too. Lol
It gets smoother with a cure like anything else, but keeps an unusual flavor.

I’ll run it once more, only because I’m waiting for my new flavors to get big enough (seed plants). I’ve got laughing Buddha and g13 haze coming.

Yh the smooth is already there no trouble with that. Just cant nail that taste. Nah I've lost all faith with the glookies genetics. Its time to roll with the purple punch which will be going in the ground in around 2 weeks time. Only problem is I'm gunna have to start and train them at home due to this lock down. Not what I wanted at all!

Yh the smooth is already there no trouble with that. Just cant nail that taste. Nah I've lost all faith with the glookies genetics. Its time to roll with the purple punch which will be going in the ground in around 2 weeks time. Only problem is I'm gunna have to start and train them at home due to this lock down. Not what I wanted at all!

I agree. I’m only going to run the Glookies once more because I have to raise babies first.

The Glookies will be made into concentrates.

Although, this sativa pheno if they Glookies I’m running now does look good so far and smells wonderful at this point. Have a feeling it will still have that odd taste though.

Week 17 day 113
Sorry for the delayed and big gap on reporting back since the lock down things have been a bit more difficult.

So it's the begining of week 10 since flip so 9 of flowering and my girls are in no rush to Finnish. Looking at the trichome if say I'd be on the money and say these plants will go to week 12 before I chop them! Only one plant is showing some serious fading another is starting but all the others totally green.

We had a slight issue it appears there was a power outage at the lock up meaning the timer had been knocked out and stopping my automatic watering system. When I arrived today unfortunately the autos had all perished luckily 2 were at a stage that they had a good amount of bud on them. They are so so dry it will ruin the smoke a bit I think. But if they went all the way I would say each plant would have pulled a couple OZ each. The rest of my big girls in 56ltr tubs were very dry but not detrimental. So they got a good watering today to bring the moisture metre back into the good area. All the res has been emptied and replaced with just water and a light does of calmag, biobizz bloom, seaweed extract and a small amount of superthrive. This will see the plants through to the end.

I have noticed a couple of plants showing purple of the leaves I think this is just maturing and maybe lack of water stress. I'm not sure it's the first time coming across it.

Attachments

• 20200406_225927.jpg
    20200406_225927.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 20200406_230008.jpg
    20200406_230008.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200406_230110.jpg
    20200406_230110.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20200406_233313.jpg
    20200406_233313.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200406_233327.jpg
    20200406_233327.jpg
    948.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200406_233339.jpg
    20200406_233339.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 20200406_230033.jpg
    20200406_230033.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 42
Week 17 day 113
Sorry for the delayed and big gap on reporting back since the lock down things have been a bit more difficult.

So it's the begining of week 10 since flip so 9 of flowering and my girls are in no rush to Finnish. Looking at the trichome if say I'd be on the money and say these plants will go to week 12 before I chop them! Only one plant is showing some serious fading another is starting but all the others totally green.

We had a slight issue it appears there was a power outage at the lock up meaning the timer had been knocked out and stopping my automatic watering system. When I arrived today unfortunately the autos had all perished luckily 2 were at a stage that they had a good amount of bud on them. They are so so dry it will ruin the smoke a bit I think. But if they went all the way I would say each plant would have pulled a couple OZ each. The rest of my big girls in 56ltr tubs were very dry but not detrimental. So they got a good watering today to bring the moisture metre back into the good area. All the res has been emptied and replaced with just water and a light does of calmag, biobizz bloom, seaweed extract and a small amount of superthrive. This will see the plants through to the end.

I have noticed a couple of plants showing purple of the leaves I think this is just maturing and maybe lack of water stress. I'm not sure it's the first time coming across it.

They look good. Mine have never shown the purple, that’s kinda interesting. Mine are maturing slowly as well.

Sorry to hear about the autos dude. I had a power cut today for a few hours too, haven’t had one in years hopefully this isn’t going to be more common.

I use an electric timer which has a small battery, it’s holds the time and my current settings, maybe something for you to look into.

plants are looking good man.

Yh the autos I'd have loved to keep going. It looks like the BCN XXL was pollinated by the herbie glookies so now I have 30+ top notch looking seeds so they will be planted and see what comes of them. I still managed to pull some nice buds off of it and anyone interested in an easy to grow high reward Auto I'd highly recommend the BCN XXL.

Attachments

• 15862745425356355020901730459861.jpg
    15862745425356355020901730459861.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 15862746771395138307717391602076.jpg
    15862746771395138307717391602076.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 45
Sorry to hear about the autos dude. I had a power cut today for a few hours too, haven’t had one in years hopefully this isn’t going to be more common.

I use an electric timer which has a small battery, it’s holds the time and my current settings, maybe something for you to look into.

plants are looking good man.
That's the strangest thing I'm not sure how long the power outage was because I have the same electrical digital timer something went badly wrong. Soil moisture reading was at 650 and normally sits around 80-100. To give you an idea they say sand reads around the 500! But they seem to be looking good and making progress I just want em to put the weight on now! If I was going by Barneys farm I should be chopping them down at the end of the week. Fat chance!

Yeah that’s crazy then. My timers arrived turned on through the post, so I assume they last a few days at a minimum. How many days from flip are you? Yeah I often find the last 2 weeks is when they get fat.

The longer you flower for the more it worries me, I don’t want to be flowering these for more than 10 weeks.

Yeah that’s crazy then. My timers arrived turned on through the post, so I assume they last a few days at a minimum. How many days from flip are you? Yeah I often find the last 2 weeks is when they get fat.

The longer you flower for the more it worries me, I don’t want to be flowering these for more than 10 weeks.
Days I am currently on 61 days from flip so the beginning of my week 10. Trust me I really wanted to be harvesting soon. Although not in and particular rush now I've started my next run at home so they can take the time. I need to be seeing orange trichomes I will then stab the trunk and harvest a week later

Week 18 day 120.

So the start of week 11 for flip. The girls are looking tired although no fade in 6/8 plants. Orange trichomes are starting to appear. I tried getting some decent pictures of the trichomes but my phone hates me. They have definitely put on some weight over the last week for sure and are showing signs of coming to the end. I'd say 7-10 days and they will be coming down. It's hard to judge when the best time is to pull it down as this strain doesnt get heavy until the very end. I have never got as far as this before, my outdoors never Finnish and my first grow was fail from the start. So guys has anyone got a couple of picture of there trichomes when they say is the perfect time to harvest? @Glookies1 you will probably be the best for this since you have grown this strain the most.....

Attachments

• 20200412_211711.jpg
    20200412_211711.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200412_211724.jpg
    20200412_211724.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20200412_211737.jpg
    20200412_211737.jpg
    872.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200412_211753.jpg
    20200412_211753.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200412_211801.jpg
    20200412_211801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20200412_211806.jpg
    20200412_211806.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • 20200412_212220.jpg
    20200412_212220.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20200412_212227.jpg
    20200412_212227.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200412_213340.jpg
    20200412_213340.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 48
Week 18 day 120.

So the start of week 11 for flip. The girls are looking tired although no fade in 6/8 plants. Orange trichomes are starting to appear. I tried getting some decent pictures of the trichomes but my phone hates me. They have definitely put on some weight over the last week for sure and are showing signs of coming to the end. I'd say 7-10 days and they will be coming down. It's hard to judge when the best time is to pull it down as this strain doesnt get heavy until the very end. I have never got as far as this before, my outdoors never Finnish and my first grow was fail from the start. So guys has anyone got a couple of picture of there trichomes when they say is the perfect time to harvest? @Glookies1 you will probably be the best for this since you have grown this strain the most.....

At this point, it’s up to you. I harvest at about 20% amber trichs. The longer it goes after that, the “sleepier” the high becomes.

A observation about checking trichs: look at trichs in the buds themselves, not the sugar leaves. In fact, I’ll bust a bud open and look inside.

Week 18 day 120.

it appears you’ll have a good harvest!

it appears you’ll have a good harvest!
Cheers bro it looks promising although was expecting them to put on a bit more weight than they have. I think maybe the lack of water last week didn't help. But saying that I'm now trying to get the largest weight in the crop as you say 20-30% is about right with the amber trichomes from what people are saying but alot are also saying depends on the strain. Could I dont suppose you have any pictures of trichome ready bud?

Cheers bro it looks promising although was expecting them to put on a bit more weight than they have. I think maybe the lack of water last week didn't help. But saying that I'm now trying to get the largest weight in the crop as you say 20-30% is about right with the amber trichomes from what people are saying but alot are also saying depends on the strain. Could I dont suppose you have any pictures of trichome ready bud?
I don’t have any pics of trichs. No way to take them. I have a scope, but can’t take a photo.

Wow. I got a new scope and check mine today, they’re almost done which really surprises me. I’m mostly cloudy with about 10% amber, and it should have a couple weeks to go according to my previous grows.
That's crazy! You even went with the sativa phenos. Finishing so soon is crazy!

Back
Top Bottom