2013 Australian Amateur Guerrilla Grow! - Criticism Encouraged

ItsTimmyMan

Hey everyone, here I am again...
None of you probably remember, but I started a "journal" a while back which I never got to finish because the plant was stolen. But it was a invaluable lesson and I'm 100% positive about the whole experience :)

So this time, no one knows about them except me! (And you guys of course) :thumb:

If you want to see how my last plants did, it's all here: Stolen plant journal ):

Since that journal, I never started another one in-case I made a fool of myself again and never got to finish it and I didn't want to add to the abandoned journals :/

But I decided I should do a quick update on where I'm up to! So check out my girls! :D

These are the 2 plants I have constant access to; (the others are a decent drive away so I don't really get to monitor them)

3sa3.jpg

I was lucky enough to have them both turn out female :D
Just worried about getting root bound,

The others are all out in the middle of the bush surrounded by chicken wire, because here in Australia kangaroos, possums, rabbits and even foxes from time to time seem to go mental over weed plants no matter what gender or what stage.

zmfe.jpg

Here's the one that requires a little attention. It seems to have a nitrogen deficiency or something, I've since fertilized it and added some mulch and manure but I haven't seen how its doing since... Fingers crossed!

And last but not least, the last plant I expected to survive. I snapped it when it was on it's fourth/fifth node which took it back to it's first two leaves (after the water leaves) and then snapped once AGAIN once it had struggled back to it's fourth/fifth node for the SECOND time (at which point I wasn't holding high hopes for its survival) but it continued to surprise me. Anyway, here it is today... with the morphed/mutated stem from all the times I accidentally snapped several nodes off it when it was a seedling (wish I took photos, but I didn't see the point when it was going to die anyway)

In cage:
bcnr.jpg

Out of cage:
5ywf.jpg

The weird stem it developed after my accidental toppings:
61ws.jpg

Ever seen that before? :s

I'll try and keep you all updated if anyone's interested! And any suggestions would be great :Namaste:

Re: 2013 Australian amateur guerilla grow! (Criticism encouraged)

nice
just watch that plant that kept getting snapped
might have had enough stress to cause it to hermie
I saw 1 plant that got split it was a topped plant in full flower the stem got ripped down the middle they tied it together it healed but hermied
this was about 30 yrs or so ago lol

Good work - always fascinated by a guerrilla grow. There are stories that my gamps used to grow guerrilla on Putney Common in the 60's but sadly he died when I was 5 and well before I could ask questions. Keep up the covert work :D

Could have been his apprentice! haha

Ill try to get out and feed and water whenever I get the chance, which doesn't look like it'll be soon.

nice
just watch that plant that kept getting snapped
might have had enough stress to cause it to hermie
I saw 1 plant that got split it was a topped plant in full flower the stem got ripped down the middle they tied it together it healed but hermied
this was about 30 yrs or so ago lol

It has already had pistols. No balls on it, so I think I'm in the clear. Thanks for pointing that out though! I hadn't thought of it.

I wanna see how big that thing gets
Happy Skunkday :thumb:

Happy to see people joining the journal! :D

I've been itching to update this, so here goes! :)
And as always, any constructive criticism/advice is more than welcome!

I've have been lucky enough in the last few days to get to all my spots and feed the little ones and spray them with pest oil in case of aphids and mites. Not that there's any sign of them so far, but better safe than sorry!

The strange thing about my current grow is that some plants are in full veg and stretch stage, where as the others are halfway through bud! I've chucked on some lupin mulch to add some nitrogen and retain some water as the days are getting long and hot and I don't have constant access to them.

Here's the pictures for those of you who weren't coming here to read :p

In the same order as last time!

Little two:
b1z6.jpg

Budding:
ukng.jpg

In Cage:
(Same location as the budding plant)
wo8n.jpg

Out of Cage:
(Once again, same place as budding plant)
aa9w.jpg

I've bought some molasses from the local health food shop which I've read up on and apparently 1 tbsp per 6.6 Litres of water (1 gallon) is the amount most people have been using but can I use it as well as an All purpose fertilizer? I'm trying to find fish bone meal at the moment to increase the Phosphorus in the soil ready for when the flowers start to develop but once again, can I use this as well as molasses AND all purpose fertilizer? And how much of each? If anyone has any sort of answer for any of my questions I'd much appreciate you sharing your knowledge with a younger grower :)

Nice
Chronic weekend to you Tim :thumb:

So, who's keen for an update? :xmas:

I've been lucky enough to check the girls and give them a much needed feed which I can never seem to do enough of :lot-o-toke:

I've fed the one that's budding orchid feed because that's the highest P and K nutrient that I could find in my local home depot and the larger plant in stretch some all purpose soluble fertilizer which always seems to do the trick for me. As well as that I've purchased some molasses for Potassium and bonemeal for a Phosphorus supplement which I haven't managed to add yet. Although if anyone can give me any input on adding bonemeal to water with molasses already added? As in, attempting to dissolve or partially dissolving bonemeal in water to add it to a plant that hasn't got the bonemeal already mixed into the soil. The plan is to add 2 spoons of bonemeal and 1 spoon of molasses to a 2.3 gallon bucket to enrich the soil with P and K and provide some sugars for the critters(Microbes and such) in the soil. Although I'm worried I may over feed and burn the plants with both molasses and bonemeal.

Here's the pictures for the people who would rather not read :tokin:

Budding:
sf8x.jpg

Veg plant in cage:
70dn.jpg

The twisty stem (From all the times I accidentally broke the top off of it):
8ckp.jpg

A couple of buds I snapped off to smoke after a good day in the bush:
2puz.jpg

Just for comparison (In case you can't see the difference)
Here's the development of the twisty stem put side by side which I reckon is just awesome :hookah:
22ii.jpg

As always, any constructive criticism is welcome :thumb:

that stem looks cool :thumb:
Love the update
Chronic weekend to you Tim
aren't those buds kinda young to smoke?

that stem looks cool :thumb:
Love the update
Chronic weekend to you Tim
aren't those buds kinda young to smoke?

One's too young the other two are past their date, because I've left one plant through flowering until the next season. The other is in it's first flowering season. Once the twisty stem one took off, I decided to take some of the over ripe buds and let the rest go to flower again. I'm planning on harvesting this season and starting from scratch. I just don't know if I'll be lucky enough to get all of them female like the last lot.

Update time? Unfortunately I haven't managed to get any pictures of the guerilla grow, but I have instead, some pictures of the little ones (including the newly added Afghan Kush Special).

I will be adding two plants from the hydro set up to the guerilla grow. They are in week 2 of bud (roughly) and I will be taking them out from under their 600w HPS and out into the sun and soil. I'm not sure how they're going to do, but I'm happy to experiment :)
Any advice on transferring a plant from hydro to soil?

Anyway, here's the small ones!

Afghan Kush special (Day 7)
1mi1.jpg

The two little ladies
e8ue.jpg

tspd.jpg

If you didn't read the top part, I need advice on transferring a budding plant from hydro to soil? I'm guessing that since they're under a 600W HPS right now, they won't have any trouble coping with the sun!

Thanks for stopping by,
Timmy

probably gonna get some shock from going to soil from hydro
don't see why it wouldn't take tho

Back
Top Bottom