Philly's Guerrilla Grow

Phillybonker

Hi all:ciao:

Starting my first journal, the girls are currently 3 weeks old and will be getting transplanted into their final spots next weekend. One spot which can take 11 plants has already been prepped with blood & bone last week and we've had a fair bit of rain since then so that should of mixed the blood & bone into the soil.

I'm a bit disorganized and I haven't had time to prep another grow spot I found, plus I've still got to find a third spot for the rest of the plants.

I'm hoping for a drama free grow season this time around which hasn't been the case in my only other two grows, I've had to deal with a Police bust, rippers, run-ins with other growers, and once a guy crashed a fishing drone into my grow spot. So fingers crossed, no dramas this season.

Due to personal circumstances I couldn't germinate on my property so these girls were germinated in the wild.

Updates will be once a week. Any advice, suggestions or tips will be much appreciated.

STRAIN:

Black Domina (La Berraquera Cut)

Black Domina was originally created by Sensi Seeds in 1996 and comprised of Hash Plant (which was originally bred in the Netherlands in the 1980's), Ortega (which also appeared in the 1980's), the famous Northern Lights (created in the 1970's) and the ancient landrace Afghani.

The La Berraquera cut originated in the Sweet Seeds environment, before the foundation of the seed bank. It was selected from a packet of Black Domina then the clones were reselected by Manolo, one of the founders of Sweet Seeds to come up with this special plant.

CLIMATE: Temperate and humid

MEDIUM: Ground Soil

NUTRIENTS: Blood & Bone + Potash

METHODS: Supercropping, lollipopping, no-Till

EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Third grow

Alot can go wrong when guerrilla growing so we might get something to harvest or this might all end in tears. Lets see what happens...

3 weeks old...
20231209_082940.jpg

Transplanted half the plants out today. I do the other half tomorrow.

I just dig a small hole, just big enough for the roots to get going, and we'll see how this no-till thing goes.

My first time doing no-till and not sure if it works that well in the bush where there is lots of competing vegetation, but I guess we'll find out. In my previous grows I dug 1x1 metre holes and removed surrounding vegetation as best I could, that worked well.

But I sort of didn't have a choice with no-till, to much work digging big holes and I got alot of plants, then there is the fact that I ain't getting any younger.

One of my spots was prepped three weeks ago, fertilizer down etc, but my other spots which will contain three quarters of the plants are getting blood & bone on transplanting day, that is because I only found the spots at the last moment and didn't have time to prep.

When transplanting I drown them in diluted seaweed liquid to lower their stress levels, and this has worked well in the past, we'll see how they respond this time around, the only thing I did different is I didn't sit them in the seaweed solution for 15 minutes like I normally do, lots of plants and I didn't have the time so they just got a quick dunk.

In my previous grows I removed the bottom set of branches before they go out but because they were having issues I didn't want to stress them further. I still want to remove the bottom set when they are looking healthy.

Anyway, poor girls got a bit roughed up on the ride to the grow area, pots falling over and dirt everywhere. I got to remember to secure the other pots tomorrow so I don't get a repeat of that.

On to a few pics......

Transplanting day
20231215_100559.jpg

A couple of the girls in their final homes.
20231215_100112.jpg
20231215_100106.jpg

Sorry about the lack of photo's and poor photography, I was low on charge so basically I had to quickly point and click before I ran out of charge, I'll get some better photos tomorrow.

Howdy you'll like the no till ,I do
<<<< Lazy Gardner here , don't get frustrated if it doesn't work out first time around do some research there are plenty of places for good info on no till ill get you a link to help get you some info on that,be back in a few👍 But no till doesn't mean you don't have to add a thing or 2 by top dressing it might take a season or 2 to get your soil in shape. If available get a soil test

Hey there,

Exciting to hear about the start of your cannabis journal and your guerrilla grow with the Black Domina strain! It sounds like you've been through quite the journey in your previous grows, and here's to hoping for a smooth and drama-free season this time around. Fingers crossed for a bountiful harvest without any unexpected challenges.

It's great that you've prepped one spot with blood & bone, especially with the rain helping to mix it into the soil. Organizing multiple grow spots can be a challenge, but take it one step at a time, and you'll get there. Finding suitable locations and ensuring they're discreet and secure is key.

Your choice of strain, Black Domina (La Berraquera Cut), sounds intriguing with its diverse genetic background. The fact that you had to germinate them in the wild adds another layer of complexity, but nature has its own way of doing things.

Your techniques like supercropping and lollipopping, along with a no-till approach, demonstrate a thoughtful cultivation strategy. The use of blood & bone, along with potash, for nutrients is a good choice for organic and slow-release fertilization.

With your experience level at the third grow, it sounds like you've gathered valuable insights from your previous experiences. Weekly updates are an excellent way to keep track of the progress and make timely adjustments.

Given your location at 38°S with a temperate and humid climate, keeping an eye on environmental factors is crucial. Adaptability is key in guerrilla growing, and it seems like you're prepared for the challenges that may come your way.

Feel free to share updates and feel supported in this community. If you encounter any challenges or have specific questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you a successful and drama-free growing season with your Black Domina!

Happy growing!

Howdy you'll like the no till ,I do
<<<< Lazy Gardner here , don't get frustrated if it doesn't work out first time around do some research there are plenty of places for good info on no till ill get you a link to help get you some info on that,be back in a few👍 But no till doesn't mean you don't have to add a thing or 2 by top dressing it might take a season or 2 to get your soil in shape. If available get a soil test

No-till is partly just an excuse I give myself for digging small holes because I had a lot of holes to dig and not much time to do it in. But I will do some more research into it.

Someone I know does no till and he spent years getting his soil into the condition it is in now and he grows some really good plants, that's what originally sparked my interest in it.

Hey there,

Exciting to hear about the start of your cannabis journal and your guerrilla grow with the Black Domina strain! It sounds like you've been through quite the journey in your previous grows, and here's to hoping for a smooth and drama-free season this time around. Fingers crossed for a bountiful harvest without any unexpected challenges.

It's great that you've prepped one spot with blood & bone, especially with the rain helping to mix it into the soil. Organizing multiple grow spots can be a challenge, but take it one step at a time, and you'll get there. Finding suitable locations and ensuring they're discreet and secure is key.

Your choice of strain, Black Domina (La Berraquera Cut), sounds intriguing with its diverse genetic background. The fact that you had to germinate them in the wild adds another layer of complexity, but nature has its own way of doing things.

Your techniques like supercropping and lollipopping, along with a no-till approach, demonstrate a thoughtful cultivation strategy. The use of blood & bone, along with potash, for nutrients is a good choice for organic and slow-release fertilization.

With your experience level at the third grow, it sounds like you've gathered valuable insights from your previous experiences. Weekly updates are an excellent way to keep track of the progress and make timely adjustments.

Given your location at 38°S with a temperate and humid climate, keeping an eye on environmental factors is crucial. Adaptability is key in guerrilla growing, and it seems like you're prepared for the challenges that may come your way.

Feel free to share updates and feel supported in this community. If you encounter any challenges or have specific questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you a successful and drama-free growing season with your Black Domina!

Happy growing!

Thanks joeking :)

All plants are now transplanted and I'm exhausted. I've got a few more photos from today.

At four weeks old the girls are still quite small, thats because growth slowed in the third week because I didn't think I needed to give them a feed while they were in thier pots, the seed starter soil said it had 3 months of slow release fertilizer in it but as @Phytoplankton pointed out its only for seedlings and its only weak fertilizer.

20231216_060243.jpg

20231216_060347.jpg

All the plants grew roots on thier bottom but not on thier sides, I suspect that was because the sides of the black plastic pots heat up in the sun and can get quite hot, probably hot enough to hurt the roots if they touch the plastic.
20231216_065752.jpg

The side of the soil, no roots.
20231216_065803.jpg

Can't see them all but this grow spots got six plants, I just couldn't get them all in the photo. It's on a north facing hill and is the most hidden away of all my grow spots.
20231216_080632.jpg

This is one of five grow spots all in an old forestry bloc that's been overrun by dense gorse which is a type of prickly weed that I'm hoping will deter rippers from scoping the area.

There are ten plants in this grow spot somewhere amongst all that white stuff.
20231216_060644.jpg

I use a sun app called sun position (sun seeker is another good one) to find out how much direct sunlight a new potential grow spot is going to get at certain times of the year, so I can find out how much direct sunlight a spot will get during any month in vegging and flowering, very handy for choosing grow spots.

I next visit in nine days time on Christmas Day, I'm hoping to see some progress from these girls by then.

All plants are now transplanted and I'm exhausted. I've got a few more photos from today.

At four weeks old the girls are still quite small, thats because growth slowed in the third week because I didn't think I needed to give them a feed while they were in thier pots, the seed starter soil said it had 3 months of slow release fertilizer in it but as @Phytoplankton pointed out its only for seedlings and its only weak fertilizer.

20231216_060243.jpg

20231216_060347.jpg

All the plants grew roots on thier bottom but not on thier sides, I suspect that was because the sides of the black plastic pots heat up in the sun and can get quite hot, probably hot enough to hurt the roots if they touch the plastic.
20231216_065752.jpg

The side of the soil, no roots.
20231216_065803.jpg

Can't see them all but this grow spots got six plants, I just couldn't get them all in the photo. It's on a north facing hill and is the most hidden away of all my grow spots.
20231216_080632.jpg

This is one of five grow spots all in an old forestry bloc that's been overrun by dense gorse which is a type of prickly weed that I'm hoping will deter rippers from scoping the area.

There are ten plants in this grow spot somewhere amongst all that white stuff.
20231216_060644.jpg

I use a sun app called sun position (sun seeker is another good one) to find out how much direct sunlight a new potential grow spot is going to get at certain times of the year, so I can find out how much direct sun a spot will get during vegging and flowering, very handy for guerrilla growing. Looks like this...

I next visit in nine days time on Christmas Day, I'm hoping to see some progress from these girls by then.
This takes me back to the days when I had grows hidden in the bush 🤤
You look to have a pretty good spot hopefully the wildlife doesn't affect the grow.
Good luck with it all .
Im still growing stealth as you can see in my signature 🤣
Can't shake it 😁

You look to have a pretty good spot hopefully the wildlife doesn't affect the grow.

I've seen some rabbits and a couple of big trails through the bush made by either deer or pigs but I don't think there is enough animals around to do any serious damage, and I've got a few spots.

Good luck with it all .

Thanks mate:)

Im still growing stealth as you can see in my signature 🤣
Can't shake it 😁

Ah yes the tree grow, I've been following. Can't wait to see it in flowering.

overrun by dense gorse which is a type of prickly weed that I'm hoping will deter rippers from scoping the area.
Don't forget to remove the bucket. It is a give-a-way that something might have been happening there:).

I've seen some rabbits and a couple of big trails through the bush made by either deer or pigs but I don't think there is enough animals around to do any serious damage,
If the deer and rabbits have not been a problem before this year then you are probably safe, but....

Rabbits can decide to sample several different plants and even if they figure it is not to their liking they might have nipped the top off 3 or 4 plants before they decide that it is not for them. And the deer might do the same.

The whitetail deer around here have a sense of curiosity that will let them sample the first one or two plants they find. If they like it they will search out for more.

An example of how bad a couple of deer can be was on the local TV news a week or two ago....A Christmas tree farmer cut and sent off a load of trees for commercial customers. He went back several days later to cut the next batch for sale to families and to prep for "cut-it-yourself" customers. In a matter of a few days a small group of deer had eaten the entire current year's new growth and completely ruined his remaining sales of the season. He figured a small group damaged several acres of tree farm in the few days he had not been active in the field.

Don't forget to remove the bucket. It is a give-a-way that something might have been happening there:).

Yep I remove everything, but it's quite off the beaten track and it would be an odd place for anyone to end up unless they are growing.

If the deer and rabbits have not been a problem before this year then you are probably safe, but....

Rabbits can decide to sample several different plants and even if they figure it is not to their liking they might have nipped the top off 3 or 4 plants before they decide that it is not for them. And the deer might do the same.

It's the first time I've grown in this area. I haven't seen any rabbit droppings near any of my grow spots, only in other areas.

The big trails through the grass in a couple of my grow spots is more concerning, I did spot animal poo in the area, and just having a look on the internet now it doesn't look like deer poo and does look more like pig poo.

The whitetail deer around here have a sense of curiosity that will let them sample the first one or two plants they find. If they like it they will search out for more.

An example of how bad a couple of deer can be was on the local TV news a week or two ago....A Christmas tree farmer cut and sent off a load of trees for commercial customers. He went back several days later to cut the next batch for sale to families and to prep for "cut-it-yourself" customers. In a matter of a few days a small group of deer had eaten the entire current year's new growth and completely ruined his remaining sales of the season. He figured a small group damaged several acres of tree farm in the few days he had not been active in the field.

I had a deer that lived in the same area as my plants on my first grow, it never touched the plants, big stag and could hear it rubbing it's antlers on trees sometimes, freaked me out the first time I heard it and not knowing what is making that noise 30 metres away behind the bush.

My brother said he once had a deer or deers stampede his grow spot and destroyed all his plants but never actually ate the plants just knocked them all over. Maybe the deer here don't like cannabis plants? I hope the pigs here don't like cannabis plants but I'm probably not that lucky.

Yep I remove everything, but it's quite off the beaten track and it would be an odd place for anyone to end up unless they are growing.
When I used to research a potential area with maps at home and then drive there nearly every time there was evidence of a grow being there or a grow in progress.
Its funny how that happens

When I used to research a potential area with maps at home and then drive there nearly every time there was evidence of a grow being there or a grow in progress.
Its funny how that happens

Had the same problem on previous grows, running into old grows and grows in progress. That's the thing, if it looks like a good place to grow then chances are other growers are thinking the same thing.

Luckily the area I currently grow in has a lot of dense gorse and is a put off to any grower, I wasn't going to grow in this area myself because of the dense gorse and seemingly lack of grow spots, it took me a few trips and I had to look really hard to find spots, I only persisted because I was running out of time, I was getting desperate, and there was no option B. I had to find spots in this area or I had nowhere to put my plants.

Back
Top Bottom