My Second Indoor T5 Florescent Grow - Many Great Genetics

Re: My Second Indoor T5 Florescent Grow (Many Great Genetics)

Do you have an updated pic? They are mature enough to go 12/12, but are they vegged enough for you to have a good yield? If you are keeping them close together and SOG'ing it, then flip them. If you are going more large canopy then wait a bit. A picture though would make it much easier to help out.

I have a nice canopy going on actually. A few of the plants are a little small, but if I dont move to flower soon despite my best efforts the larger plants will get to large. I have lots of branches growing and I think that I will get a pretty good yield from everything but the smallest and fastest flowering Black Domina, but I guess I win some and lose some.

Chobbs

I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures up. Every time I get my camera, me and my room together the lights are off. Anyways Ill do a written update and I have an idea to run past all of you!.

So first off, All of the ladies are doing very well. The Jacks got a little dehydrated but they have recovered nicely (damn water hogs). The Blueberry Jack and Agent orange are doing very well, there lower branches really reaching out for light allowing me to tie them down so other little branches reached(LST). The black domina are really talking off and Im happy for that. Maybe they will produce some nice quality buds :D.

Now for my idea.

I know I've been talking about getting a LED light for growing mothers under. Its a good idea n all and I may do it at one point. First off though I need to be able to produce the best bud in my small space. Short of spending a thousand dollars on a nice LED light to flower under Im thinking about going with a 600 Watt HPS light. What I will be doing is building a shelving type unit. I will have about 5 Feet for the plants + pots + Light (I think thats reasonable right?) and 2 and a half feet under the current T5 hood I have for veggging and growing some Bonsai mothers!.

What do you guys think?

Chobble

pictures, picture we want to see!! i want to see the black domina. i am going to slowly replace my light system with led.

1126110827a.jpg

The black domina are in the back there, You can see I've even had to tie them down (Dont worry I have a few books under them giving em a boost). The lower branches arnt getting a lot of light so I have to try and get some to them.. Ill figure it out. Cant really cut any of the big leaves because they are the main few :/.

Everyone else is doing great. The red bulbs are a bit hotter and the plants grew a little bit more... Then they burnt and dried out. A lot of new growth was trimmed off two plants, everyone plant has over 8 tops! Except the domina with 4. Its getting crazy up in here! They are also all tied down to allow lower vegetation to grow up, where the single main cola normally would be! Thus maximizing the light that normal LST wastes.

Anyways give me input!

I've got news. I've made some Upgrades to my Room. I went out and purchased a 600 watt HPS. I really felt like my yield sucked last time from 4 plants that weren't even topped! Two very full jars that came out to two ounces... Should have been an easy 4-6 ounces. The buds where very fluffy under the T5. Im hoping the 600 watt will produce not solid buds for me :D.

Anyways the Ladies are doing great under the new light. I did have a question that I need someone who really knows, and isnt just assuming.

So I generally water my plants on every monday and every friday (No-Nutes). My sativas suck water up in there one gallon pots so I was wondering, Is it really bad if I let them get a little thirsty ant there leaves fall over? Should I avoid that at all costs?

I've got news. I've made some Upgrades to my Room. I went out and purchased a 600 watt HPS. I really felt like my yield sucked last time from 4 plants that weren't even topped! Two very full jars that came out to two ounces... Should have been an easy 4-6 ounces. The buds where very fluffy under the T5. Im hoping the 600 watt will produce not solid buds for me :D.

Anyways the Ladies are doing great under the new light. I did have a question that I need someone who really knows, and isnt just assuming.

So I generally water my plants on every monday and every friday (No-Nutes). My sativas suck water up in there one gallon pots so I was wondering, Is it really bad if I let them get a little thirsty ant there leaves fall over? Should I avoid that at all costs?

Since you are growing multiple strains, I'd recommend watering them as they need. If the top-soil is dry about an inch or two down and the pots are light, they need water. Waiting for the leaves to drop isn't really good or bad for the plant as long as you water right away.

I never use a watering schedule. Actually I only water & feed once or twice a week. Hope that helps.
:Namaste:

Since you are growing multiple strains, I'd recommend watering them as they need. If the top-soil is dry about an inch or two down and the pots are light, they need water. Waiting for the leaves to drop isn't really good or bad for the plant as long as you water right away.

I never use a watering schedule. Actually I only water & feed once or twice a week. Hope that helps.
:Namaste:

Yeah I normally water them when they need it if I notice the container feels light or if it is dry in the soil.

Thanks Leaf Lady!

I am not an the expert chobble but i look at it like this. My leaves are the gas station. They store the petro in those leaves. When my car gets low it needs a fill up. So they open the pipelines from the leaves and let the petro flow. If i let those tanks run dry and i am in the middle of a grow spurt but there is not enough fuel to help that grow spurt to it fullest, is that good? I think all the leaves are precious i dont want to lose any if i can help it because i want to make sure it has enough fuel to fuel that grow spurt. anyway I know u didnt ask for a amateur like me, but I thought i would put my two cents worth because i wnt to see those babies grow yea!:smokin:

I am not an the expert chobble but i look at it like this. My leaves are the gas station. They store the petro in those leaves. When my car gets low it needs a fill up. So they open the pipelines from the leaves and let the petro flow. If i let those tanks run dry and i am in the middle of a grow spurt but there is not enough fuel to help that grow spurt to it fullest, is that good? I think all the leaves are precious i dont want to lose any if i can help it because i want to make sure it has enough fuel to fuel that grow spurt. anyway I know u didnt ask for a amateur like me, but I thought i would put my two cents worth because i wnt to see those babies grow yea!:smokin:

Thats a great example.

Everything in there is going really well I'm happy to report, Nice little buds are forming on everyone and the plants are all growing very well. The domina are coming along well, So is the agent orange! The AG is just growing like no other. At the moment I have no camera so I cant upload pictures but the moment I do I will put some up!

So I'm posting some Due dates as for harvest. Mostly for personal use...

According to information Im finding this is when I should be ready to harvest...

Black Domina - 50 Days - January 10th
Agent Orange - 55-65 days - January 15th -January 20th
Blueberry Jack - Unknown - January 10th - January 25th (Im estimating)
Jack Herrer - 60 - 70 Days - January 20th - January 30th

Everyone is looking good, Im still working on getting my hands on a camera!

bac_picture.jpg

Here are all the ladies. Sorry for the poor picture quality.. They are pretty damn healthy! Everyone is developing nice little buds on the tip top. There are still a PH problems at times, I just work through it and flush them and they are fine. I normally have PH problems after I water with Nutes.

BD10.jpg

That is the Largest of the Black Domina!

AG3.jpg

One of the Agent Oranges, They are doing very well.

Plants looking good. Do you have some close up on the Black Domina?

The middle picture in the post above yours is the black Domina. Do you have any specific questions about the strain that I can answer? My only complaint is that its two small and bushy, I'm sure with an extra week of veg though it would have been perfect (The black domina got 1 week of veg but the others two.)

Also Update:

Everyone looks great, all the plants are developing very nice buds on them. Im hoping they keep swelling at this rate!

How is it going with the grow? Hope you're doing good. Would like some update on the Black Domina.

The Black Domina is doing great. Its actually starting to turn color in the leaves and the tips of the buds so Im hoping for some nice color out of it.

The Blueberry Jack has developed a horrible case of Powder Mold. I sprayed the garden down with serenade a few times right after the light turned off to allow the bacteria time to establish before the light came back on. The powder mold has moved to a few other plants but I have quickly pruned and cleaned the mold up.

The Jack Herrer is looking completely and utterly delicous. 8-6 Medium sized buds are growing on the tops of each one, with enough resin for all of us. The same goes for the Agent orange but the buds are even bigger!

I cant wait to enjoy this fine strains.

Chobble

Hey chobble where did you get the 600 from? What kind is it? I too am looking to upgrade from floro's to a hps/mh! If you can,put up a picture of the new light! Thanks!!

Hey chobble where did you get the 600 from? What kind is it? I too am looking to upgrade from floro's to a hps/mh! If you can,put up a picture of the new light! Thanks!!

Ill get a picture up when I get my hands on a camera. I also sprained my ankle really badly so working in the room has been hard.

I advise going to your local hydro shop or going on craigslist to find grow lights. It cost about 250$ for the entire system, I know you can get them cheaper but I upgraded the bulb(Which I would really advise).

Also! What you may want to do if you have room is build a small area for a mother and clones(Use T5's or Floro's). Then SoG the shit out of your 600w You will get a great yield!

Chobble

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom