2020: Skip's 2-Tentin' Fast Strains: Fastberry, Skunk & Jack Herer

Well, the fastbuds quickly took a turn and isn't looking great. I thought it might be overwatering, but she's looked this way for about 3 days now and her pot is getting close to being dry. I also thought it might have just been that her leaves got twisted when I originally tied down the original growth. She has stunted growth, but there is still some very slow growth happening. Excited to master the autoflowers, but I'm not doing a great job so far. lol.
IMG_2426 3.JPG

IMG_2425 3.JPG

Maybe she didn’t like getting tied down.
Definitely seems that way. But there's other issues, like the leaves are dropping down and touching the soil. It's like she never really recovered from transplant and now is mutating.

She may come out of it, I usually don’t stress them at that size if I can help it.
It's a good idea - I'm going to stop LST until I see some better signs of growth/vitality. Hopefully she'll come out of it soon.

Jack and Skunk OG have officially been transplanted and topped at the 4th node. This picture was taking a little less than 24 hours after the transplant, so I imagine they'll they getting some shock come tomorrow or Wednesday. For now though, they look great! I think they're going to like a 5-gallon - they don't seem like quitters.

Fastberry is looking a bit better. Not perfect, but finally got some budsites on her. She's about to go into flower, so she'll start stretching shortly, hopefully. Still regret doing the transplant, but hopefully I can pull a couple nugs off her still when all is said and done.

Fastberry - Week 3.5
IMG_2453.JPG

Shunk OG - Week 3
IMG_2451.JPG

Jack Herer - Week 3
IMG_2452.JPG

Shunk OG on the left, Jack of the right, a day after transplant
IMG_2450.JPG

This is my Skunk OG. She had some pretty minor issues with transplant (yellowing of bottom leaves), but she's bounced back nicely. I topped her once I transplanted and that's were I'm having a weird issue...
IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

Notice how only one of her nodes is coming in? The other one is completely stagnant. So she's only going to grow one stem after being topped, I guess?

My Jack Herer is doing really well, but also growing very tall, very quickly! Today I decided to tie her down to start a canopy of sorts on her.

IMG_2467.JPG

And my Fastberry hit her pre-flower growth spurt. I think she'll definitely give me something! I really pushed her along with some LST.
IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Photo-periods: Skunk OG and Jack Herer
Honestly - they're both doing pretty well. I can't complain much and this is my first time transplanting into a 5 gallon pot, so I know it's just going to take them a little bit of time to stretch.

My Skunk never grew a second branch once I topped it. You can see the other full on branch growing and the nub not doing anything.
IMG_2502.JPG

Should I just let it be? Maybe it doesn't like getting topped? She still looks very healthy and is growing and coming along just fine.

IMG_2503.JPG

Here's the Jack. She was getting way too tall way too quick, so I had to do some LST to her main branch. She still has plenty of time to grow her brand structure out, but I'm still getting used to her, since she is much more on the sativa side than anything I've ever grown.

IMG_2504.JPG

Fast Bud Autoflower
Y'all, I think this plant might make me turn into an auto guy. She has turned into a MONSTER in a week and half and I thought she was going to be one sad lone branch. She is stretching and growing so nicely and I've been evening out her canopy well. If her flowering goes well, she could support a lot of weight! ;P

IMG_2505.JPG

I added just a hair of Photosynthesis Plus during her last feeding, and i think that really gave her some life. Just to give you an idea of her progress, she's a side by side of her...

11 DAYS APART
auto-magic.png

don't give up on your autos. Sometimes they just need to hit their stretch.

Also, I feel like I'd be remiss if I didn't say this, Black Lives Matter.
As cannabis cultivators, I hope we all acknowledge how incredibly racist cannabis law and prosecution has been over the span of the last century. Cannabis laws were originally created to drive out people of color from expanding in the US and to further suppress them. They have done unsurmountable work to keep the plant alive during prohibition and it's time for us to help stand with them and fix for better equality and better policing.

You must have accidentally cut off the branch when topping. It should always be there. :headbanger:
BLM!!
Thoughts on re-topping? Maybe I should go down a node or do you think she's too mature to do that now?

Nahh man, I’d say just leave her. Your this far into it, and would hate for the plants progress to be slowed down anymore then it has (from the last topping). It might be an
Odd shaped plant going into flower, but it should all work out in the end. Just next time you top the plant, just make sure you make a clean cut above those lil nubs sticking out. Practice makes perfect :headbanger:

Nahh man, I’d say just leave her. Your this far into it, and would hate for the plants progress to be slowed down anymore then it has (from the last topping). It might be an
Odd shaped plant going into flower, but it should all work out in the end. Just next time you top the plant, just make sure you make a clean cut above those lil nubs sticking out. Practice makes perfect :headbanger:
Thanks for the advice, man. I guess she'll just essentially regrow her main cola again. Maybe it'll help redistribute to other cola sites too. I also might top another site in a couple days. They have about 25-30 days left of veg still.

I'll start with the saddest of the plants: Jack Herer. I believe she got a lock-out started so today I flushed her. Made sure to put a fan on her to help dry her out. She'll take a bit to recover because I fed her last night. That's a lot of water, I know. She'll probably wilt a bit and then finally get back to health after a couple of dry outs, but I'm willing to do that before she's poisoned.

IMG_2522.JPG

Skunk is growing really well! Started to train her. She seems to love life and her 5-gallon pot.

IMG_2521.JPG

And... I'm a very proud auto-dad to this Fastberry right now. I have a feeling she'll be good in a couple weeks. :cool:

IMG_2520.JPG

Stay safe everyone.

Things seem to be moving along. The weather is getting warmer and more humid here, so no need for additional heat for the ladies - just a dehumidifier and a good fan.

My Fastberry is showing some signs of an issue. I want to say it looks like a magnesium deficiency. The lower growth is getting yellowish-green and my top leaves are showing brown irregular spots on them. I'm going to attempt to up my megacrop on this next water.
IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2574.JPG

Skunk OG is getting big and is a very healthy plant. She's ready for flower, but her sister isn't.
IMG_2572.JPG

Jack Herer hasn't been fed in almost 7 days, due to a flush. Today will be her first feeding after everything. Going to give her a small feeding today.

IMG_2573.JPG

You can feed extra calmag to the problem one. Those are normal spots to happen in late flower, but it looks to be in somewhat early flower. Give her some lore cal mag and it may look like it’s worsening, but shes demanding more. Maybe give her a nice rinse/reset before feeding.

You can feed extra calmag to the problem one. Those are normal spots to happen in late flower, but it looks to be in somewhat early flower. Give her some lore cal mag and it may look like it’s worsening, but shes demanding more. Maybe give her a nice rinse/reset before feeding.
I gave her a slightly heavier feeding yesterday and added a little cal-mag. She looks more yellow today. This is the second time I've deprived a plant of nutrients when it went into flower. I need to learn to ramp up my nutrients a bit more when they do.

Yeah I do that from time to time as well... I fed on Monday, and neglected them for 13 days... just so damn busy lately!!

I’m building a valence cover for my oldest daughters window today. It’s built, I just finished staining it. Letting it dry and soak in. About to put a clear coat on it next.

Back
Top Bottom