24-on 12-off light cycle

Thanks for the invite @HappyHazmat88

The Green Crack that I am getting ready to harvest, was only grown under a 100 watt LED.
The things I learned on this preliminary grow; gave me a better understand on how the plant stores energy when the light cycle is on and releases it during dark periods.

I will be doing Light Manipulation again soon; maybe around the New Year with better control measure.

If anyone is going to try this on a long flower sativa, you may want to rethink that.
I'm am going on 7 month with one.

Stay safe, and Grow well my friends,
Tok..

It sounds interesting; if not to try at least to think about and maybe incorporate into our scheduling.

By any chance do you have a link to the article. If it was on another message board or someplace that would be against the rules then so be it. But, if it was a news story or a information article then those are usually acceptable. Or, do you remember where you saw it as in a hard copy printed marijuana magazine.
It was in weedworld episode 104

The plant will need more dark than light to flower. I’m currently doing 11 on/ 13 off with my only photo plant. If I put it to 24 on 12 off it is probably going to be confused and stay in veg forever. You’d likely have better luck trying 12 on 24 off.
I am currently doing 16 on, 12 off. In the 5th week right now. Things are looking pretty good. Just watching the swell.

Unfortunately neither article deals directly with our question, which seems to be: Is cannabis flowering dependent on short days? Or is it dependent on long nights?

In other words, is it the number of daylight hours that’s important, or the hours of darkness? I’ve been under the impression it’s the hours of darkness, though I am not sure that the unusually long hours of light would not somehow “restart” the plant’s internal clock.
It does not restart the clock. Plants just dont know how many hours there are in a day. I myself am doing a 16/12 light cycle. It just works out well. So the point is that (on my light cycle), the plant will get 100 extra hours of light than doing 12/12, over an 8 week period.

There are some threads on here asking similar questions, including one guy who was going to try 18/12 and promised to get back to the forum with his results. Haven't seen anything about it since.
If you do decide to try this please keep us updated, let us know how it goes. It would be nice to have a final answer.
I did not start with 12/12. I went directly into 16/12. I am almost 5 weeks since the flip. I defoliated at 3 weeks, but i am now in need of a massive defoliation again due to overcrowding, but i promise you that extending the light hours does work.

20220902_092436.jpg

So what do you gain by doing this? You say it works, but what does that mean... the plant grows, I get that, but is it somehow better in a quantifiable way? It seems to me like it could only be really helpful if you have a weak light, since a strong light fills the plant up quickly and then the extra hours could be detrimental.

Back
Top Bottom