24h vs 18-4

aziz

i have a 150w led, growing 4 white widow auto. the tent is 80x80, growing in soil, is running 24h lights for the entire grow gonna improve yield? if yes by how much ISH

i know there is a lot of post about this, but i'm just wondering for my specific situation with my setup

2 cents...I've run both during veg of photoperiods, my experience has been seedlings/veggers seem to grow faster with a dark period. Cheers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

I believe all life needs rest. If you run 24 hours the plant misses out on that rest. I had no better results on 24 than 18 on photos. I am running Autos 20-4.
80x80 I am taking as cm? The light seems a little small for that space.

I belief all life needs rest.
Agree...no noticeable difference, for me, running 16-20 hours, so I now run 16/8. Lots of discussion about how complex and essential processes happen for plants during dark period as well. Plus...cheaper on the electric bill :cheesygrinsmiley:

Take this with a grain of salt, because I’ve read this but I’ve never experienced it (I don’t grow many autos) although it makes logical sense. The plants life span is potentially counted in light hours.. so if you grow the plant with a bit longer of a dark period, you could perhaps grow bigger autos. Bigger autos with the caveat of, they may take a bit longer than normal.

Sort of true...autos life is counted in days. I have seen little or no improvement in 20 to 16 hours per day. Most will agree you need some darkness.
I don’t see how an autos life could possible be counted in days. If that were true it would never flower under 24/0

I don’t see how an autos life could possible be counted in days. If that were true it would never flower under 24/0
Age makes a Autoflower, flower. That’s why it doesn’t matter the light schedule.

Age makes a Autoflower, flower. That’s why it doesn’t matter the light schedule.

Exactly, and my assertion is that the plant can’t count days, but hours spent under lights.

Exactly, and my assertion is that the plant can’t count days, but hours spent under lights.
A autoflower will flower whenever it’s maturity says to flower. Putting it under 24hrs of light won’t speed up how fast it matures but more how big it will get. Not that 24 hours of light will gain you anything. Not in my case so far.

i have a 150w led, growing 4 white widow auto. the tent is 80x80, growing in soil, is running 24h lights for the entire grow gonna improve yield? if yes by how much ISH

That light is way, way, way under powered for that size space. If it's 80cm, then 4 plants is going to be way over crowded. You have much bigger issues to solve first than worrying over a 24hr light period.

That's tough love, I know, but if you set yourself up for failure then you may lose interest in growing all together. To me, that would be a shame.

Circadian rhythm.

An auto would flower under 1 hour of light a day...it's genetics tell it when to flower, not the light schedule. The question here, as I read it, was "is 24/0 more beneficial to the growth/yield of an auto?". My opinion, based on my experience, is that 16-18 hours a day is max efficiency. :peace:

That light is way, way, way under powered for that size space. If it's 80cm, then 4 plants is going to be way over crowded. You have much bigger issues to solve first than worrying over a 24hr light period.

That's tough love, I know, but if you set yourself up for failure then you may lose interest in growing all together. To me, that would be a shame.

Circadian rhythm.
it's equivalent to a 300w hid lamp. ts-1000 has around the same output. how is it underpowered? sure it would be better if it was 60x60cm, but that's what i have to work with rn...

i mean, it depends on the pot size... i could put 8 in small pots, or 2 in very big pots...
imma pop a few clf when they are flowering and i should be good.

Mars TS 1000 Quantum Board Led Grow Light - Mars Hydro

10 Review(s) | Add Your Review
  • Actual Power: 150W+/-5%@100--277V
  • Coverage:Veg:3’x3’(90x90cm); Bloom:2’x2’(60x60cm)
  • Compared to HPS/MH/HID:250W
  • Average Yields: 1.5g/W
  • PPE:2.1--2.35umol/J

18 - 4 is gonna leave ya with a couple hrs to figure this all out, no worries friend

it's equivalent to a 300w hid lamp. ts-1000 has around the same output. how is it underpowered? sure it would be better if it was 60x60cm, but that's what i have to work with rn...

i mean, it depends on the pot size... i could put 8 in small pots, or 2 in very big pots...

Not all LEDs are equal.. just because the power draw might be comprable to the Mars TS-1000 doesn’t mean the efficiency is. Does your LED panel have the new SMD epistar diodes? I bet it does not. You can’t use the TS-1000 numbers for umols because of the efficiency of their technology. Unless you have the exact same diodes in your panel, your panel will be producing way less ppfd... or it will produce way more heat.

Looking at your specs. Veg you are good but Bloom you are only good for 60x60. You will grow but what you will loose during flower is worth a cheap investment. I would add a single strip of LEDS in the Bloom color range and run them during flower.

Looking at your specs. Veg you are good but Bloom you are only good for 60x60. You will grow but what you will loose during flower is worth a cheap investment. I would add a single strip of LEDS in the Bloom color range and run them during flower.
where can i buy them? it's a few clf enough? like 4?

Back
Top Bottom