2nd tent for perpetual harvest

Aurora1887

Hello!
My longtime goal of growing is to be self-sufficient and maintain my own supply year-round. I am hoping to harvest about 6 ounces every cycle.

My girls live in a VIVOSUN 30"x18"x36" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with a VIVOSUN 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum on 18 hours and off for 6. I started germinating 6 feminized Ethos seeds, Purple Sunset R2Bx then planted in soil blocks on March 13th. Soil blocks were a bad idea, only 2 survived. I started my account on 420 when the leaves of the 2 started turning brown.
So I germinated 2 more seeds and planted on March 28th in starter soil as suggested, and attempted to get the other 2 babies out of the soil blocks (they were like a sponge I had to rip them open) and planted them in the soil too. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! So now they are 4 weeks old (smaller plants) and 2 weeks old (larger plants).

I realize now that I will not be able to get the light high enough for the girls to grow much, so I am looking at putting a 24x48x60 in the other side of my closet. I need some recommendations for the type/watts of led light I should get. I am on a tight budget (hence why I need self-sufficiency!) So I am looking to only spend about $500.

Also, soil recommendations for more adult plants? 3-gallon fabric bags okay?

20200412_101249.jpeg20200412_101315.jpeg20200412_101352.jpeg20200412_101418.jpeg

With having any problems with height I would look into adding a scrog net. If you cant grow upward much then take advantage of growing outward.
:passitleft:

Soil Fox Farms Happy Frog is very good. I'd go 5 or 7 gallon fabric, 7 is better even on autoflowering.

Lights you are going to get Budget Led fans recommending the 250w light running $359 for a single light. I don't know if I'd go for that right now. Here's the model if you decide to go that way. Series 3+ Red Spec 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light

You have 8 sq foot, ideally 50w per SQ foot. I'd get Samsung Diodes LM301H or LM301B but there are less expensive lights running $200 for 200w, two of those give 400w wall draw, wall watts is what counts, more watts more nugs. Hard decision, you could get the Budget Led model, it's dam high quality, and add another later. Or one with Samsung Diodes but a different model.

Lot of people here recommend Mega Crop fertilizer, highly recommended and get this, like $5 to grow 6 plants. The fancy mostly water mixes in 3 bottles like $60. Mega Crop is a single beginning to end fertilizer. Even the lower leaves stay green right before harvest. The stuff is a game changer I'm glad I found it.

GL and happy growing!

I just did a video series on youtube with 16 autos 4 different strains in 5 gallon airpots 5 gallon plastic buckets and 7 gallon buckets and you will see no difference in growths. I also did the whole grow start to finish using Fox farm ocean without adding ANY nutes only cal/mag.

I just did a video series on youtube with 16 autos 4 different strains in 5 gallon airpots 5 gallon plastic buckets and 7 gallon buckets and you will see no difference in growths. I also did the whole grow start to finish using Fox farm ocean without adding ANY nutes only cal/mag.
Your recommending that to an inexperienced grower?

I found fox farm ocean and replanted the bigger 2 in 5 gals and the smalls in 3 gals...one of them started to look wilted and it dawned on me that it was confined. They look better already.

Do i need a carbon filter during vegetative?? I had the filter hanging in tent as exhaust but I didnt have the intake fan set up. With the babies in bigger pots, the filter made a shadow so i took it out. Just going to use in flowering tent instead.

How do you control rh in tight quarters? I had a plate with water in there helping a little, but there is no space on the floor for a humidifier... But 40% just isnt cutting it.

Thanks for your thoughts!!20200417_173208.jpg20200417_170538.jpg20200417_175754.jpg20200417_174719.jpg20200418_003331.jpg20200418_003339~2.jpg

Carbon filter, I found that during veg I could smell the soil (happy frog by fox farms) so I used a carbon filter.

You'll go nose blind to it quickly. A filter can be used outside the tent to prevent shadowing. Mine pulls air from the tent and pushes it into the filter. Two of my tents share a filter.

Humidity, if it's high a dehumidifier, if it's low an ultrasonic (cool humidifier). Those can be hooked to a humidity controller that turns on at a given humidity.

I track humidity in the grow room but I only control it for drying and curing. If you are in an extreme dry or wet climate you may need to control it.

Your recommending that to an inexperienced grower?

My bad I posted on the wrong forum I had two windows open. You said it all hot shot.

They recently bumped the price up (as many merchants have recently, unfortunately), but I bought this for about $40 and it's a game changer. You can set the rH and it has a night mode to turn off all the lights on the device

Thats awesome! Since I replanted, i attempted hooking up a humidifier and it was just too strong for the set up. But since then, theyve been hanging out between 60% and 70%. I think the soil is providing it
I'm consindering starting the general hydroponics FloraGro, FloraBloom, and micro. Should I follow the directions on the back? I attached a picture. Is there anything else they need?

So in the 24x48x60 I'm setting up for flowering, im considering getting 2 lights instead of 1, so the ends of the tent are getting light too. Thoughts on this?20200418_214024.jpg

Oh and also! Since the 2 smaller plants are 5 weeks old and the 2 larger plants are 3 weeks old, do you think its okay for me to just keep them on the same schedule, vs me waiting 2 more weeks to flower the younger ones?

Do I need 2 fans for an exhaust system? Please help!

I got a VivoSun carbon filter with of the inline fan and whether I put the fan sucking the air out or blown the air in there's always a pressure issue either the tent is blown up or the walls are sucked in why wouldnt they tell me I need two fans I don't understand!!

A large fan blowing directly on the leaves will enable the stomata to self
DSC02078.JPG
regulate leaf surface conditions. It's a weed, and it grows from desert to jungle, Afghanistan to Jamaica. I live on the high plans with very low humidity, and I just don't worry about it. I have an 18" wall fan blowing directly on my plants indoors. My temps can also fluctuate wildly on a daily basis. It can be 100F+ during the day in my greenhouse and 40-50F at night. Here's a stem from last year.

OK so I should just have a fan blowing on the plants but with the carbon filter hooked up to exhaust out? My tent is 4x2, and smell is going to be a problem
You can run a carbon filter inside the tent. It does not need to be exhausted for it to work.

Thank you all so much!!!
My next question is, judge by the space in my tent, when should I flower? The tallest, though younger plant, is about 16 in from the light. The taller ones are almost 7 weeks old and the shorter ones are almost 9 weeks old, same strain. They all have white hairs at the stem. 20200512_200451.jpg20200512_200507.jpg20200512_200518.jpg20200512_200542.jpg20200512_200554.jpg

Yesterday, unless you train them. See SCROG tutorial in my signature. Plants can and do stretch 12 to 24 inches in bloom.
I need to research how to scrog better in train. Can I clipped the top Off now, a week into flowering to make the lower buds bigger? 2 of them seem lanky and tall and the other 2 are shorter and bushier. Also my 1st 2 clones didn't survive I have 4 more going in two different environments to see what works. If I trim the top off of the two can I use those as clones?

Back
Top Bottom