2'x4'x5' Tent, AeroGarden, 2x300W COB, 2 GrowPots, GH Nutes, Monster Crop

I like how you retruned the blurple CBL (chinese box light) because you couldn't stand it ha. So how many actual watts did you put in to pull 227g? Also if your light can dim, I would have dimmed it and brought closer to the plant if you were having ambient cooling problems.

So, if you read the entire thread, you know that this grow had a TON of problems :) so you can't blame or correlate the yield to the wattage. One of the problems I had was excessive heat due to the lights. I suspected that the drivers were over driving the COBs so I hooked up two COBs to one driver. It reduced the total wattage by half, 154W per panel for a total of 308W. Looking at the light meter, before and after the surgery, it looked like I lost only 35-40% of light, instead of the expected 50%, so the COB's did gain some efficiency.

I will be pulling together the clone posts into a new thread, so hopefully we can see a harvest without as many problems to get a true representation of the capabilities of this light setup.

Ha okay. Yeah the harder you drive LED the less efficient it gets assuming you can maintain the same temperature and then when you add temperature heat you loose output again. This is how the poor specmanship of the CBL (chinese box light) got started was putting 10W absolute max chips (if you had perfect cooling) and driving them at 2W but claiming the 10W. Then throw in peoples misjudgment of wattage equivalent and the confusion of LED watts was born.

So with poor cooling adding more drive current can really diminish your efficacy. So thats why I was suggesting dimming but sounds like you had the skill to re-arrange the insides to accomplish a similar results, maybe even better result cus those constant current drivers like to run at 50-80% load for peak efficiency. So good work! If you're this handy you can probably get a multi-pole switch and flip flop the drivers in for a high/low scenario. Best to do switching when off because drivers will sit at its highest possible voltage to try and maintain current when theres no load there (called hot swapping - dont want to do it). Anyways thats cool, cant wait to see your other grow.

So good work! If you're this handy you can probably get a multi-pole switch and flip flop the drivers in for a high/low scenario. Best to do switching when off because drivers will sit at its highest possible voltage to try and maintain current when theres no load there (called hot swapping - dont want to do it). Anyways thats cool, cant wait to see your other grow.

If I feel crafty and have a free weekend, I might do you one better. . .

How about using a relay board driven by an old Raspberry Pi? Then possibly I could program it to switch two COBs on one driver for 4 hours, full power with one COB on a driver for 4 hours, and back again. Turning them completely off for a second in between.

If I feel crafty and have a free weekend, I might do you one better. . .

How about using a relay board driven by an old Raspberry Pi? Then possibly I could program it to switch two COBs on one driver for 4 hours, full power with one COB on a driver for 4 hours, and back again. Turning them completely off for a second in between.

Ahahahahaha if you got the time. I like what you have now. I have crazy ideas like this that I keep parts around for then end up throwing away cus I never do them cus it takes to long. Sounds like since you re-wired all this would do is even the wear on the supply. Leave the supply in there so you can swap it if needed later and spend your time posting good pics on here!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom