3 oz plant

mexi420

Wasup

Can anyone on here show me what a 3 oz dry plant looks like just before harvest? That's my minimum goal so would like to see some examples of anyone's plants before harvest that yielded around 3 oz dry. 4 5 6 7 ect are welcome to haha

Alright I'll step up. I saw this thread when you first posted it - but was too busy to go digging through my journals trying to find pics of plants and find which plant yielded how much. I don't usually weigh my bud anyway - just sometimes out of curiosity or for reference if it looks like it yielded well.
Anyway- here are a couple plants of mine that I did weigh.
I'm not trusting the 420 links to individual journal posts to work right now the way they're supposed to (I've been having problems lately with them) so I'll just copy and paste the posts in here - they contain a fair amount of blather.
Both thee plants are scrogged. My screens are 19"x 24".

~Malawi~

I harvested my only flowering Malawi tonight. It was the one I posted a series of photos on for Spitz. It was a bit large for the screen but I crammed it in there. This is what it looked like the night I put it into flowering.
image16635.jpeg

Here it is 95 days later.
IMG_466312.JPG

IMG_46644.JPG

IMG_46669.JPG

IMG_46657.JPG

I'm never as happy with photos taken under artificial light but that's about the only kind we have here this time of year. This was a very well packed screen. Buds piled on top of buds- though it's hard to see in the photo. Wet weight was 580 grams. If it dries to its usual 25% will be 5oz which would be by far my highest yielding Malawi yet. I expect it to be less than 5 oz but still my highest yielding- mainly because it was an overgrown plant to begin with, crammed into a small screen.

~Malawi~

I dragged the Malawi out of the dryer cause it seemed dry enough to jar.

To continue the grams per watt tangent, I weighed it and it was 142 grams. Factoring in that this screen is 25% of the flowering area for that light, that works out to about .94 grams per watt. I expect it will lose a bit more but it looks like it will yield well, as I suspected. This seems to be telling me, like I said already, that it makes sense to overgrow them a bit in veg. Aka- good root system=good flowering plant

IMG_48037.JPG

IMG_48133.JPG

*Note- this bud don't lose any weight in the jar to speak of- so the grams per watt estimate was accurate u

IMG_86963.JPG

IMG_86972.JPG

I weighed the bud from this one yesterday - now that I figure it's stabilized somewhat in the curing jar. So this one was 146.4grams- just over 5 oz. I don't usually bother weighing my harvests, but there is a use to it sometimes. Knowing the grams per watt you're producing at least gives you something to compare to.

Santb- Another benefit of the scrog screen system which I forgot to mention last night- it allows me to measure GPW because it gives me a defined space to work with. Four screens takes up the entire growing area of a 600 light- so one screen is obviously a 1/4 of that.
So at 146.whatever grams that works out to just under 1 GPW.
150 grams (1/4 of 600) per screen would be 1 GPW.

IMG_95804.JPG

IMG_95814.JPG

This particular CC looked to be worth weighing as a good learning experience in that I think I pushed the yield limits of my setup and light about as far as I could with it. I also got (I'm guessing but didn't weigh it) about 2 oz of trim- which was mainly composed of inferior bud, from that plant, and I think I kind of overstepped the amount of bud I can expect to grow one screen. Ie- it was too full and If it wasn't so full I'd have less trim and maybe more good bud.

In any case it's not a big concern how much each plant produces, but it's interesting sometimes to do the math.

Thanks man! I realize I could just search for a plant of a certain size on google but at least seeing it direct from a grower on here i can then go and read up on their whole process. Have you got a link to either of those journals?

My journals are all in my signature- the Malawi was from the second one and the Cheese was from sometime fairly early in the current one, I think. Might be hard for you to read up on the entire process because the journals are kind of all over the place. But - any questions just ask me on the journal :thumb:
Like I say I don't usually weigh my harvests. But that grams per watt measurement is handy because it gives something to compare to in terms of how efficiently you're using the space. One gram per watt is kind of a gold standard on the high end.

Back
Top Bottom