Anybody here pull 8 oz+ per plant in soil?

Hey Buds,
I haven’t been able to get a new on going this season but my last run I pulled 266.5g from a Darkstar Kush strain using primarily FFOF and V2 MC. 5 bits of Indica link. I consistently get results like that (6-9oz) when I’m not overcrowding the tent. That seems to be my biggest fault. Overcrowd, then herm.

630A5C5E-EE8A-4956-88BF-3F07ECAD7E8C.jpeg
E94C0FC5-5B0F-479B-A72C-82351B75ED99.jpeg
130190B0-925B-4E3B-9EB0-DB2D8A8FFD30.jpeg
98159E73-9007-4A62-80CB-8F98C6DE901F.jpeg
33D31B5A-4836-422A-948B-51E076C248B9.jpeg

The soil build may have been the big contributor for this run. I have a link in my signature on the soil and posted the video of my resource. Fairly basic compared to others I’ve seen.

The other contributors are an 8 week Veg, and the training. This one in particular is this first and only that I was able to get to grow even colas across the split like it did. Shed taught me how to train years ago.

There are many soil builds but this is what I used as a reference. I used the same ingredients and ratios just different brands. He uses FFOF, feeds teas and seaweed blends, but I used this recipe and MC and got the results you’re looking for.

Are you filling your tent with the canopy? You can LST and top em and give em an extra 2 weeks of veg and make bigger plants that put out more. You can control the height and get good flat tops without a scrog net and pull a lot more weight. Unless you are setup with a perpetual grow and seperate veg/flower tents you are constantly rotating through, adding a little extra veg time and making a bigger tree. If it's one or 2 grows you do a year it's a small investment of veg time for a lot of return.

@Buds Buddy , like you I've only had one plant come in over 8 oz. (10.92 oz. to be exact). Typically I'm averaging around 4-5 oz. per plant. I grow in 5 gallon fabric pots under a 250W Budget LED and top my plants just once then leave them be. Nutrient-wise I only use Mega Crop. I don't use any of the fancy soils, just a bag of ProMix from Home Depot or Menards, and amend with perlite, mushroom compost and composted manure.

My goal is to get a pound auto plant indoors. I think it's doable, just need to make some adjustments. Possibly just increasing grow bag size and using some Bud Explosion in addition to the Mega Crop.

I also plan to try some photos this year which I think with proper training can easily get me to over a pound per plant.

@Buds Buddy , like you I've only had one plant come in over 8 oz. (10.92 oz. to be exact). Typically I'm averaging around 4-5 oz. per plant. I grow in 5 gallon fabric pots under a 250W Budget LED and top my plants just once then leave them be. Nutrient-wise I only use Mega Crop. I don't use any of the fancy soils, just a bag of ProMix from Home Depot or Menards, and amend with perlite, mushroom compost and composted manure.

My goal is to get a pound auto plant indoors. I think it's doable, just need to make some adjustments. Possibly just increasing grow bag size and using some Bud Explosion in addition to the Mega Crop.

I also plan to try some photos this year which I think with proper training can easily get me to over a pound per plant.
We grow & yield pretty much the same way. I'm looking into the Fox Farms Supersoil @Emilya told me about so I can try it when I up-pot.

I have only been able to do this a few times, in 10 gallon containers. Most of the time I am short of that goal because of one problem or another during the grow... but I get close often enough to keep trying.
Hey Em, do you remember the name of the FF Super Soil ? I'll be up-potting in a week or 2 & want to try it out. Will using MC with added "N" & MSA "Si" effect Super Soil ?

Are you filling your tent with the canopy? You can LST and top em and give em an extra 2 weeks of veg and make bigger plants that put out more. You can control the height and get good flat tops without a scrog net and pull a lot more weight. Unless you are setup with a perpetual grow and seperate veg/flower tents you are constantly rotating through, adding a little extra veg time and making a bigger tree. If it's one or 2 grows you do a year it's a small investment of veg time for a lot of return.
I've topped, LST, Super Crop & even vegged 3 months in a 7 gal. pot. Still 5-6 oz. per plant. I get about the same yields in 3, 5 & 7 gal. pots. Not much difference at all.
I think I keep a fairly even canopy.
12-320.JPG
12-321.JPG

I think by now, from the details of how I grow, you all got a pretty good sense of things & can see why I'm puzzled about getting larger yields. Just not sure what else I can do other than go Hydro & I'm not into that. I like the ease of soil.
I may try Krissi's method of Wicking buckets. They seem to work very well.

if you are indoor you might be looking at it wrong.

i hit over 8oz + consistent. but that's per 4 x 4 flower canopy. usually over 12 - 16. not per plant. the plant count and pot size varies each grow. i could hit the same weight in the space with one plant. i'd just change pot size and veg time etc.

if you are indoor you might be looking at it wrong.

i hit over 8oz + consistent. but that's per 4 x 4 flower canopy. usually over 12 - 16. not per plant. the plant count and pot size varies each grow. i could hit the same weight in the space with one plant. i'd just change pot size and veg time etc.
8 oz. in a 4x4 is quite simple no matter what size pot you use. You could start a SOG on 12/12 & get that. I'm looking at 8 oz. per plant in 5 gal. pots in soil, indoors. I usually get about 6 oz. per plant. But I know I can do better; because I've pulled as much as 11.1 oz. from a plant. My Temps & RH were so out of whack that grow I'm not sure how I did it. With everything dialed in.... my yields decreased. Ass Backwards !

8 oz. in a 4x4 is quite simple no matter what size pot you use. You could start a SOG on 12/12 & get that. I'm looking at 8 oz. per plant in 5 gal. pots in soil, indoors. I usually get about 6 oz. per plant. But I know I can do better; because I've pulled as much as 11.1 oz. from a plant. My Temps & RH were so out of whack that grow I'm not sure how I did it. With everything dialed in.... my yields decreased. Ass Backwards !

you can only do what the canopy space allows. ran a larger 2 room 8 x 8 x 8 flower space grow and we got that no worries per plant. but the nutes, space, and most important, lighting, was dialed for that size area.

you can only do what the canopy space allows. ran a larger 2 room 8 x 8 x 8 flower space grow and we got that no worries per plant. but the nutes, space, and most important, lighting, was dialed for that size area.
I agree with you that space limits your grow. But 4 plants in 5 gal. pots in a 4x4 tent should be able to yield 8 oz. each IMO. I don't think it's as easy with Bar Lights. A light over each plant seems to do better for yield. Whether or not 155 watt Viparspectra over each plant will do the trick or not remains to be seen. When I pulled the 9 - 11 oz. plants I was using Mars Hydro TSW2000's which are 300 watts each. One on each plant. Not sure what 155 watts will do as it's my 1st grow with these lights. I also ordered a Vipar Blurple for the center of the tent for this grow. So it will be about 750 watts in a 4x4 tent area. That should be plenty of light.... I hope.
I'm kind of wondering if it's because I Defoliate too much, Top too much or something like that. I kind of have a feeling that's part of the problem. That's one of the reasons I'm looking at journals from those who do yield 8 oz.+. I want to see how they Top, Defol, & Train. Whenever I see a plant get moisture drops on a leaf I defol, in fear of Mold issues.
Maybe I'm paranoid about it & it's not all that necessary... not really sure.
So in your opinion, do you think my bad Defol. & Topping habits play a part in smaller yields ?

Hi there Grow Buddies ! I'm wondering if there's anyone on this site who pulls 8 oz. per plant repeatedly growing in soil ? I've been trying & trying for 5 years to do this & only pulled it off once. But ever since I've dialed in my environment my yield has gone down to 4-5 oz. per plant. Did much better when I fought high temps & low RH. Weird !
So if there's anyone out there who does pull 8 or more oz. per plant in a soil grow indoors I would love to read your journals & follow.
Not interested in DWC, Hydro, Coco, etc. Soil only & if you're using FFOF that's even better. I'm not interested in SCROG as the extra time it takes to fill the net makes it not worth while to me. I usually Quadline my plants. In my current journal I have 4 plants that will be 4 weeks old on 3-3-22. They look about the size of a 2 week old plant to me. Haven't topped or trained at all yet.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong or where I'm screwing up; so I can sure use the help.
Please post a link to your journal here if you pull 8 oz. per plant. I'm dying to read & learn. Thanks !
Longer veg time mate!!
How long you vegin for?

Back
Top Bottom