Planning Future - Need Help

Yeah I don't like these type of surprises too! I've never had the opportunity to see how a trained (top,lst) plant develop and how much you can controll it, so for now I will try to figure it out with my current little grow to have an estimate....But probably I will figure it out better with a run on a setup like the one I posted here when I'll have the opportunity...
Great thanks for the infos Major!:Namaste:

So guys,(I will keep using this thread to ask for my next setup).....
I was looking at some exhausts fans, it must be as quiet as possible. I have to choose between these 2:
2) Max-Power VKR-150mm Centrifugal Fan - 1 speed - Noise from 46 to ? dB at 3m (10 feet) - Capacity 460 m3/h
My question is, considering that both have the same capacity of sucking....but one is louder than the other...there's a big difference from inline to centrifugal fans? Also my concerns are about Max Transported Temp of the first one....do you think that with a maximum of 140°F capable,it will do the job for 600w hps (maybe 1000w hps) ?
To be honest,I would choose the first one cause when or if I need to minimize the noise (maybe people who don't know passing near the room),I only have to put it on speed 1 and it will do only 30/32 dB at 3m (10 feet)....I know there are dimmerable speed controllers but I prefer this "ready to go" option.
Thanks for answers!

I would always pick a centrifugal fan over the propeller-style. They do work better. I also prefer to run any fan with a speed control. Not only can you adjust the speed to whatever you need for the correct amount of air turnover/cooling, but sometimes a fan will resonate with its connections or surroundings at certain speeds. A two speed may not have any issues, but then again, it might. With a speed control you can usually dial in a quiet speed, if needed. I would not worry about the air temperature rating. If you are pulling 140+ degree air out of your room, you've got bigger problems.

I would always pick a centrifugal fan over the propeller-style. They do work better. I also prefer to run any fan with a speed control. Not only can you adjust the speed to whatever you need for the correct amount of air turnover/cooling, but sometimes a fan will resonate with its connections or surroundings at certain speeds. A two speed may not have any issues, but then again, it might. With a speed control you can usually dial in a quiet speed, if needed. I would not worry about the air temperature rating. If you are pulling 140+ degree air out of your room, you've got bigger problems.

Yes, I like centrifugal too! But when I heard them on youtube...Damn! They're Loud! ...
Do you think something like this could work? Or I have to take a control unit? Because I don't know anything about these things!
Thanks again Major!

Yes, I like centrifugal too! But when I heard them on youtube...Damn! They're Loud! ...
Do you think something like this could work? Or I have to take a control unit? Because I don't know anything about these things!
Thanks again Major!

I have no idea about that particular control.
I can't say I know whether centrifugal fans are inherently more noisy than other types. In my experience, most of the noise comes from vibration of the mounts used regardless of the fan. When I tried my fan by holding it in mid air, it was VERY quiet - especially at low speeds. Once mounted, not so much.

I have no idea about that particular control.
I can't say I know whether centrifugal fans are inherently more noisy than other types. In my experience, most of the noise comes from vibration of the mounts used regardless of the fan. When I tried my fan by holding it in mid air, it was VERY quiet - especially at low speeds. Once mounted, not so much.

I think I will go with the first one,just because it cost less than the other....but thanks for these suggestions Major.
Another thing I'm not sure is, how to change active carbons of the filter when they will run out their smell properties? I know that they last around 2 years,and I know where to find them ( I used them with RooR:laughtwo: ). There are rivets to remove first? If yes how I remove them? I have to use a rivets "machine" or there are other easy methods? And when I have re-filled the can with new carbons,how I seal it again?
Sorry for many questions,but I want to make sure I will be prepared!:Namaste:

I can't help you with that. Each is probably different and I don't use a filter. :goodluck:

You don't need it,because you use another method or you grow outdoor?

All of the above. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I grow in and out but it is legal here so I don't care who smells what.

:high-five: You lucky!:cheesygrinsmiley:
However if someone knows something about this carbon filter changing I would appreciate a lot!
By the way,I was thinking about another thing :biglaugh: ..... How to attach in the correct way , carbon filter, exhaust fan, cooltube, and of course the pipe between them,because I read something about positive/negative pressure thing....I think positive is blowing air instead of negative that is sucking. But can you guys make me an example like:
Carbon filter--->Pipe--->Fan--->Cooltube--->Pipe--->Exit Hole
I also read that for this detail someone was exhausting a little bit of smelling air from the gaps in the cooltube,and that's a thing I surely do not want! :rofl:
:thanks:

I do know fans work best when closest to the exit. They like to suck / not push.

So it would be like this? Carbon Filter--->Pipe--->Cooltube--->Fan--->Pipe--->Exit ? I really don't know! Someone helps me!:hmmmm:

Yes!!! Or if two lights Filter>>>>Flextubing>>>>Cooltube>>>>Flextubing>>>>>Cooltube>>>>>Flextubing>>>>>Fan>>>>Flextubing>>>>>Exit tent (or grow space):cheesygrinsmiley:
logo8.gif

So,I'm planning on getting a complete setup in the next couple of months,and I want to ask you if I can reach my goals giving you this info:

- 120x120x200cm (4x4x6.5) Grow Tent
- SonLight 600w MH for Vegging & 600w HPS for Flowering
- 6 inches VKR Exhaust Fan (460 m3/h) - 6 inches Carbon Filter Can (500 m3/h)
- 6 inches Xtracool Cooltube
- 2 or 3 clip fans or 1 bigger oscillating fan

Now,considering that here where I am,I'm gonna spend around a thousand €,I would like to know if I can return my investment...
Let's say I will put 4 plants in 5 gallons pots each....doing some LST and Topping 2 or 3 times under a 20/4 light schedule for 6 to 8 weeks then flowering...
It will take me 5 months from seed to dried buds (For the first period I think I'm gonna go with seeds then I will see if doing clones), so calculating that I smoke from 30g to 40g (1 to 1.5 oz) a month...I will need at least a 200g ( 7 oz ) harvest to "get out of the game" and do my own ( I do it only for myself ).
I know that there are a lots of variables,but I need to know with a setup like this if I can get this goal.
Here 1 oz cost at least 300€ (10€/gr)...so I think you can understand me if I want to leave and do my own..
If I put 4 plants in this conditions,they must do an average of 1.8 oz per plant at least to get my goal....do you think it can be done considering that I'm not an experienced grower?
Thanks in advance!:Namaste:
4x4, 1050 watt bare bulb,4 plants pulled 688g dry.

9c9b1d7cab99cc1336df32a02abed0f3.jpg

854c1efe05f376c49b7bd5ecafd581eb.jpg

65878f393251930c7554fd7b5f2cd2a9.jpg

You could pull 600 to 700 g every 77 days from clone and 21 day veg, about 2 weeks longer from seed. I started with 600 watt cooltube also, it was not enough light for my needs. Simpler setup to run bare bulb. One fan moves air into tent, another with carbon filter is ducted out window. Both come on by thermostat and cycle off same way. Room at 67°, change over tent volume 4x min. 440 CFM is what I have ducted out window. 560 CFM feeds tent. Temps, fan on at 75, tent peaks at 80, cycles down under 73 where fans shut off.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hello Hidan. Millertm kills it in his 4x4 so that's a good journal to check out. Forget the idea of replacing the charcoal in the filter. You'll need to buy another one when it stops filtering the smell.

If you cant source a 1000 watt ballast, I highly recommend two 600 watt adjustable ballasts. This way you get more even coverage and you can dial down the power if you run into heat issues (which happens all the time).

I haven't seen what strain you're planning on growing. Some strains are very easy to grow and others are very hard. What/where are you getting your seeds/plants from? Northern Lights is a great easy to grow strain that has very little smell while growing.

Also, I'd go with that Vents fan. Looks great and has a lower DB footprint. It also has 2 speeds so you won't have to buy a controller.

:welcome: to :420:. Start following some of the journals here. If you want the best information and knowledge, you'll get it by being an active participant in this great community! :welcome:

Didn't read all the replies, but to answer your original question, 200g is easily achieved with the setup you listed on the first page. In fact, if you get it right, you should be hitting 300 - 400g with that setup. So 200g is definitely achievable even with some mistakes in the mix.

Yes!!! Or if two lights Filter>>>>Flextubing>>>>Cooltube>>>>Flextubing>>>>>Cooltube>>>>>Flextubing>>>>>Fan>>>>Flextubing>>>>>Exit tent (or grow space):cheesygrinsmiley:
logo8.gif

:thanks: Hoz! Straight to the point! Now I feel reassured!:Namaste:

4x4, 1050 watt bare bulb,4 plants pulled 688g dry.

9c9b1d7cab99cc1336df32a02abed0f3.jpg

854c1efe05f376c49b7bd5ecafd581eb.jpg

65878f393251930c7554fd7b5f2cd2a9.jpg

You could pull 600 to 700 g every 77 days from clone and 21 day veg, about 2 weeks longer from seed. I started with 600 watt cooltube also, it was not enough light for my needs. Simpler setup to run bare bulb. One fan moves air into tent, another with carbon filter is ducted out window. Both come on by thermostat and cycle off same way. Room at 67°, change over tent volume 4x min. 440 CFM is what I have ducted out window. 560 CFM feeds tent. Temps, fan on at 75, tent peaks at 80, cycles down under 73 where fans shut off.

Cheers
688gr:thedoubletake: I could have a heart attack!:drool: Your plants are awesome millertm!:high-five: Thanks very much for this info! I wish to get even at half of your level one day!

Hello Hidan. Millertm kills it in his 4x4 so that's a good journal to check out. Forget the idea of replacing the charcoal in the filter. You'll need to buy another one when it stops filtering the smell.

If you cant source a 1000 watt ballast, I highly recommend two 600 watt adjustable ballasts. This way you get more even coverage and you can dial down the power if you run into heat issues (which happens all the time).

I haven't seen what strain you're planning on growing. Some strains are very easy to grow and others are very hard. What/where are you getting your seeds/plants from? Northern Lights is a great easy to grow strain that has very little smell while growing.

Also, I'd go with that Vents fan. Looks great and has a lower DB footprint. It also has 2 speeds so you won't have to buy a controller.

:welcome: to :420:. Start following some of the journals here. If you want the best information and knowledge, you'll get it by being an active participant in this great community! :welcome:

Hi drcannabi! Thanks for the answer! I was expecting this answer for carbon filter,well I think I will buy another when the old one runs off! I just bought a Lumatek 1000w Dimmerable,even if I'm going with 600w MH/HPS for this first run! I was thinking to use a 1000w HPS for flowering but I want to see the bill first using 600w then we'll see:laughtwo: By the way I bought the Secret Jardin Dark Room 5x5 to have more space but I think I will not put more than 6 plants in it (maybe 8 if there's space left). Right now I'm growing 3 Afghan Kush and 1 Maroc, I like Indica strains very much (Sativa too:laughtwo:),of course because of smaller height and bigger yield....I like Kush strains a lot! Also great thanks for recommending Vents Fan ( I bought that haha). :Namaste:

Didn't read all the replies, but to answer your original question, 200g is easily achieved with the setup you listed on the first page. In fact, if you get it right, you should be hitting 300 - 400g with that setup. So 200g is definitely achievable even with some mistakes in the mix.

Hey Blaze! Thanks for this estimated yield values, I feel much better to hear that!:thanks:

_________________________________________________________​

Great great thanks guys! You're awesome! To sum up, yesterday I bought this:

- Secret Jardin Dark Room II 150x150x200cm (5x5)
- 600w MH, 600w HPS
- Lumatek Dimmerable 1000w Ballast
- 6 inches Carbon Filter, 6 inches Vents TT150 Fan
- 6 inches XtraCool CoolTube
- Hooks for Cooltube
- HoneyWell Avantgarde Super Turbo - 3 Speed Circulating Air Fan

I will post some photos when all the stuff arrives to be sure that I will mount everything in the correct way!
Love you guys!:Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:

Your ballast will not run 600 watt bulbs. Dial a watt like my apollo purple reign. It runs everything. Dimmable still starts pulse for 1k light. You need 1k bulb for your new ballast.

Cheers

Your ballast will not run 600 watt bulbs. Dial a watt like my apollo purple reign. It runs everything. Dimmable still starts pulse for 1k light. You need 1k bulb for your new ballast.

Cheers

(O.O)' ! Don't tell me this, the shop where I bought says it can run 600w bulbs if dimmered down to 600!

In another forum I found this:
Q: I have a 1000W ballast, can I use a 400W or 600W bulb in it?
A: No, ballasts can only be used with bulbs that are of the same wattage rating. A 1000W ballast can only be used with a 1000W bulb, a 400W with a 400W, etc. *This does not apply to the dimmable Lumateks, which can use a 600W bulb if dimming switch is set to 600W, etc.*
Please tell me that I didn't bought 2 600w bulbs for nothing!:thedoubletake:

I'm sorry, there are two types of e-ballasts, dimmable and dial a watt. If you have a 50%, 75%, 100%, SL. That is dimmable and can only run what ever wattage it's set at from factory. If you have 400, 420, 500, 600, 630, 750, 800, 900, 1000, 1050. Like mine then you can run all bulbs at correct wattage. Lumatec dimmable is not dial a watt unless I'm mistaken.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom