3 top 10 light reviews contradict each other - Please help

Man - even being on the "Dark Side", the FORCE is strong with you! Really appreciate the up front, straight, no BS CANDER!
I was slapped for posting something about a top 10 list - they are going to cut your Nutes off!
Cheers,

I was just checking out the specs on the light you have. I'm wondering if you can resolve the problems by adjusting your methods? Keeping the canopy flat, and the light closer, could do it for you. Also you could supplement this light with some cfls hung like pendant lights to get down lower.

Check out keltic blue's thread on Timber Grow lights kits. For a 6x6 7 or 8 of those 200w crees would do it for you.

200 Watt Cree CXB3590 4 COB Grow Light Kit

Hello OldBear! appreciate you taking the time so the my light specs! I will follow your recommendation and read up the links provided. thanks again!

I prefer lec to led... You need to use something like this if led is what you chose.. Leds scatter light really bad.. Close in reflective panels kick that light back to the plant.... Watt for watt, only the best leds can match lec [cmh] performance... But not their cost..
Advanced led DS-200 185 watt draw $500
IMG_279013.JPG

315 watt lec $420
IMG_303012.JPG

I'm not against diy projects, as you can tell by my off topic thread... I find it so much easier to use a razor blade to cut the tape, and take a light out of a box and plug it in....
I find it's more about the grower, than the lights they use... Even the best light won't make you a better grower than you are... Any marginal performance increase i could get with a diy cob, wouldn't be worth my time.... If a cob doesn't have corn on it, it really doesn't interest me very much..

Texasdjj, Using a scrog screen will increase your yield more than anything else you can do... A proper scrog grow isn't just about growing a plant through a screen.. It's about not letting the plant grow through the screen until you let it, with the 12/12 switch....
This thread may not be the best example of a scrog grow, but it's probably about as good as i can do... The yield on that 18"x24" screen was 2 oz a sq ft.. total time 100 days from a clone.. 27 days veg.. The stretch with this plant was the strain... An indica would have been much less..

I pulled nearly a pound out of a 24x 36" scrog with WW autos. Scrogs rock for controlling growth and maximizing yield.

Texasdjj, Using a scrog screen will increase your yield more than anything else you can do... A proper scrog grow isn't just about growing a plant through a screen.. It's about not letting the plant grow through the screen until you let it, with the 12/12 switch....
This thread may not be the best example of a scrog grow, but it's probably about as good as i can do... The yield on that 18"x24" screen was 2 oz a sq ft.. total time 100 days from a clone.. 27 days veg.. The stretch with this plant was the strain... An indica would have been much less..

SCROG SCREENS! That a new one for me! Appreciate the tip. I tried the link you have provided but it took me to a page that had all kinds of Forums, pictures, etc.. I tried to search "scrog screens" from that page and got zero hits..?

I will continue to learn more about it - many thanks!

I pulled nearly a pound out of a 24x 36" scrog with WW autos. Scrogs rock for controlling growth and maximizing yield.

Hello Saibot - have you got any pics of your "scrog screen" in action? Also - thanks for sharing your COB / project and pictures. They appear to be all "white" - is that correct? Can you share an approximate cost of what your build was and how much time it took you to complete the project?

The mars pro II series are amazing. Forget every bad thing you heard about mars lights because they got it right this time. Great quality for a great price

Hey Dr.Fish - thanks, I began reading the journal and "Page 3" hangs on me. Very Cool "Igloo Contraption" - I don't get it?
Also - 3 pages into the journal and I still have NFI what a scrog net is - but I get that it is something that your tieing down branches with.
I keep at your journal and find the other "guru" that everyone talks about in your journal.
thanks

The mars pro II series are amazing. Forget every bad thing you heard about mars lights because they got it right this time. Great quality for a great price

Hi - thanks for commenting. Crazy thing is that Mars suggested I go with their Epistar vs... that the output was about the same and it was a little more affordable.
thoughts on that?
Cheers,

I'm using the epistar ones with great results

Hi - thanks for commenting. Crazy thing is that Mars suggested I go with their Epistar vs... that the output was about the same and it was a little more affordable.
thoughts on that?
Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom