3rd Grow: Amare Tech 450W LED & UVB, 4x4 Tent

I have a couple of questions regarding your light, if you don't mind answering.
Does the light focus straight down or is the spread sufficient to cover your entire space?
Are you using the lenses?

Hey man, thanks for the questions.

The LED's are all facing straight down with 90 degrees primary lenses. I think the math on that adds up to full 4x4 coverage at 24 inches high. I planned to get a PAR meter for this trial, but Hydrofarm was completely sold out. I still plan to get one when I can tho and will be able to tell the coverage and intensity exactly then.

The secondary lenses that come with the panel are for the CoB's. The CoB's sit in an open 120 degrees reflector cup. The lenses are 90 degrees but I'm not using them so each plant is getting hit more evenly. The lenses are meant to be used in high-bay applications where the panel is hanging 3 feet or higher above the plants. I don't think the lenses would be practical in a tent because tents are limited on height already.

I'm too lazy to reupload someone else's photo, but here's a good graphic from the Amare site regarding the optics. Hopefully it's not rulebreaking to link it. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-High-PPFD_2048x2048.png?17093356511415293010

Hey man, thanks for the questions.

The LED's are all facing straight down with 90 degrees primary lenses. I think the math on that adds up to full 4x4 coverage at 24 inches high. I planned to get a PAR meter for this trial, but Hydrofarm was completely sold out. I still plan to get one when I can tho and will be able to tell the coverage and intensity exactly then.

The secondary lenses that come with the panel are for the CoB's. The CoB's sit in an open 120 degrees reflector cup. The lenses are 90 degrees but I'm not using them so each plant is getting hit more evenly. The lenses are meant to be used in high-bay applications where the panel is hanging 3 feet or higher above the plants. I don't think the lenses would be practical in a tent because tents are limited on height already.

I'm too lazy to reupload someone else's photo, but here's a good graphic from the Amare site regarding the optics. Hopefully it's not rulebreaking to link it. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-High-PPFD_2048x2048.png?17093356511415293010
That's why I'm thinking of putting mine up high n pop the lens on the corner cobs n leave two open n see if I can get alil better

Thank you both for the replies, I have two of these lights which I will put to use soon. I saw a youtube video saying the problem with LED's are the narrow focus. I have followed both of your post (as well as others) and was impressed, which is why I decided to give LED a shot. I will use them in what is basically a 4 x 6 area, and thought it would be more than sufficient. But it never hurts to ask someone who has experience with them.
Thanks Again.

That's a clever idea lensing only the corners Jaymu!

Sweet overlord, that sounds like a very strong setup! The optional lenses are great for versatility. I want another Eclipse when I can afford it, to jump up to a 4 x 8. But with the rectangle pattern of LED I think two eclipse in a 4 x 6 is more appropriate, probably perfect. :thumb:

Dude that 450 is a beast !! I just ordered the se250 it should be here wed or Thursday ..
I can't wait to throw it in my closet

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

Hell yea man! What size is your closet? I'll follow along, been wanting to see what the 250 can do too!

Here's how we're looking at 4 weeks into flowering. I pulled the two ladies cloned from the hermie that were starting to look suspicious. Their parent had an awful yield so I don't think it's worth the risk waiting around to see whether they cause trouble. Barely noticed them gone once the ladies stretched out.

DSC014215.JPG
DSC014284.JPG

Starting to get frosty. The Sexbud in particular is looking really good! I can't wait to take more pictures in a couple weeks.

DSC014346.JPG
DSC014357.JPG
DSC014366.JPG
DSC014407.JPG

Dude just looking at that tent with all those bitches in it. 1 450 making enough love for all of them !! ....lol

I have a 2ft x 40 in closet
Right now I have a mars pro epi 160 in there .
I've only had the pro mars for 76 days and I ve already had to replace 1 driver and I'm waiting for mars to contact me so I can't get another driver .
I am not happy at all with Mars

I have a 2ft x 40 in closet
Right now I have a mars pro epi 160 in there .
I've only had the pro mars for 76 days and I ve already had to replace 1 driver and I'm waiting for mars to contact me so I can't get another driver .
I am not happy at all with Mars

Yea I noticed you were having issues in their thread. I feel like one of the lucky ones not having any diodes or drivers fail on my MH.

To answer your question about the wattage, the 450 is supposed to be 450 watts. I thought the watts were just overstated, but I got an email from Amare this week saying they noticed this thread and the goof in some 450's driver power during their transition from the 350's. So I'm also waiting on new drivers :) But I don't mind. I think it's pretty cool getting parts dropshipped to me for quick repairs and upgrades. Hope you get back up and running soon!

I'd guess the 250 will be 250 true watts, but you might want to double check. I'll verify that my new drivers are running higher power when they come.

I'll just trust . Victor seems super cool . I think I've found my led family .
Once I find something I like I stick with it . Next up will be the 450 if they haven't come out with a new model yet which they should be

Hell yea man! What size is your closet? I'll follow along, been wanting to see what the 250 can do too!

Here's how we're looking at 4 weeks into flowering. I pulled the two ladies cloned from the hermie that were starting to look suspicious. Their parent had an awful yield so I don't think it's worth the risk waiting around to see whether they cause trouble. Barely noticed them gone once the ladies stretched out.

DSC014215.JPG
DSC014284.JPG

Starting to get frosty. The Sexbud in particular is looking really good! I can't wait to take more pictures in a couple weeks.

DSC014346.JPG
DSC014357.JPG
DSC014366.JPG
DSC014407.JPG
Just awesome man love it in there

Yea I noticed you were having issues in their thread. I feel like one of the lucky ones not having any diodes or drivers fail on my MH.

To answer your question about the wattage, the 450 is supposed to be 450 watts. I thought the watts were just overstated, but I got an email from Amare this week saying they noticed this thread and the goof in some 450's driver power during their transition from the 350's. So I'm also waiting on new drivers :) But I don't mind. I think it's pretty cool getting parts dropshipped to me for quick repairs and upgrades. Hope you get back up and running soon!

I'd guess the 250 will be 250 true watts, but you might want to double check. I'll verify that my new drivers are running higher power when they come.
Didn't see that but mine starts off like 464 I think n then settles at 454

Thanks man! Starting to become a family. :kiss:

Here's a peek at them today. Was time to water while the boss defoliates.

DSC014427.JPG

Here's one of the BBW that I cloned from to keep as a mother. So many buds...

DSC014534.JPG

The Sexbud are still stealing the show tho! This picture doesn't do them justice. They look like little cities with clusters of towering buds.

06Q2DMt.jpg

Here's the base of one of the city blocks. Bout the size of my fist.

DSC014563.JPG

Re: Versai's 3rd Grow

Hey mate, stumbled onto your first grow journal researching the mars 1200w lights. Signed up so i could read your other grows haha

Hey mate, stumbled onto your first grow journal researching the mars 1200w lights. Signed up so i could read your other grows haha

Thanks for signing up and saying hello! Always makes me smile to hear people are learning from and enjoying these journals. Lemme know if you have any questions. :cool:

Girls are looking great. Whenever you get time, it would be cool to see your other plants as well. Thanks

Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom