3rd Grow: Amare Tech 450W LED & UVB, 4x4 Tent

I know its been said but that light is attractive to me in the same way a BMW makes me want to drive. I like your garden quite a bit, I am attracted to the level canopy and low compact plants. They really speak to me. Think about Dynastygenetics Huckleberry Kush. If you can find the non stretch pheno like my HK#11 it would serve you perfectly in a garden like this. At some point I will do an all HK11 grow and have a wall to wall flower like you have going on here just in 10 gallon pots.

Your cat brought a tear to my eye. We had a very similar one, where the tabby almost seems to be a purplish color. She was the best, a cute little head bumping cat that was a vicious mouser and great friend. I still miss my Ashley. That was her given name but we called her P Kitty most of the time. It was her Thug Life name.

Hey Shiggity, thanks for flipping through! I appreciate your tips and praise. :circle-of-love:

You're right, all this even canopy needs is a champion pheno! Thanks for sharing your research on the Huckleberry. It looks phenomenal in the High-Brix. I hear about the Doc Bud kit everywhere but I'm finally convinced after seeing that PotM and checking your thread. Bravo!

Sounds like you had a very lovely cat. Mine's named Lady Gray, but on the streets she's known as Lady Cray! She's very clever, energetic and affectionate; but also a cold killer lol.

Oh man, those cute little females are always the best mousers! That amethyst next to her really shows off that purple I am talking about!

I thought you'd like that am'y pic. I hadn't really noticed the purple until you mentioned it. Sometimes the gray can look blue, and maybe that blends with her pink skin to make purple? It's funny for a while I was thinking of renaming her Indigo. I swear she has psychic abilities like an "indigo child", and it could be a pun on how fast she zooms around.

Versai, all those plants... Where do you find the time brother? Highly impressed
My kit should be here today, Versai. Sure would be nice to see you start one up as well. I'm a dog person but I had a cat in college named Steve. She was the coolest cat I have ever come in contact with. She had so much energy as a kitten but then she mellowed out when we fixed her. Chillest pet I've ever had...

Thanks man! It's been a bit overwhelming at times, but I just think about eating sweet peppers, peas and tomatoes off the vine in 3 months and hope it's worth the time. I had even more flowers & herbs but let some die or be eaten haha. They're mostly in 4 inch pots, which I was having to water every other day once rootbound. But now I fill a big tote of water and nutrients and drop a dozen pots in at a time to soak the roots. Slightly less work this way, being able to walk away and return to drain them. Then they actually stay moist for 3-4 days at a time.

The garden space is right outside my window so I'll be gaining food, privacy, a hobby, and broadening my growing skills. Also been digging up a bunch of clay in the future garden bed that I'm looking forward to refining and shaping into some pots or something. Someone told me when you garden it's not just the plants that grow. :Namaste:

I'll join you guys on the Doc Bud train my next run. I was trying to resist the bandwagon, but gotta give credit where credit is due.

I thought you'd like that am'y pic. I hadn't really noticed the purple until you mentioned it. Sometimes the gray can look blue, and maybe that blends with her pink skin to make purple? It's funny for a while I was thinking of renaming her Indigo. I swear she has psychic abilities like an "indigo child", and it could be a pun on how fast she zooms around.

Thanks man! It's been a bit overwhelming at times, but I just think about eating sweet peppers, peas and tomatoes off the vine in 3 months and hope it's worth the time. I had even more flowers & herbs but let some die or be eaten haha. They're mostly in 4 inch pots, which I was having to water every other day once rootbound. But now I fill a big tote of water and nutrients and drop a dozen pots in at a time to soak the roots. Slightly less work this way, being able to walk away and return to drain them. Then they actually stay moist for 3-4 days at a time.

The garden space is right outside my window so I'll be gaining food, privacy, a hobby, and broadening my growing skills. Also been digging up a bunch of clay in the future garden bed that I'm looking forward to refining and shaping into some pots or something. Someone told me when you garden it's not just the plants that grow. :Namaste:

I'll join you guys on the Doc Bud train my next run. I was trying to resist the bandwagon but gotta give credit where credit is due.

You will look back at that decision as a wise one! High brix with Doc's kit still allows for individual expression, but it is such an awesome framework!

So versai how is that light treating you?
9470c24b72f4d7203601d350fa3cd5ed.jpg

Hey man! Here's one for the holiday. :passitleft:

The light is treating my ladies very well so far. They've been flowering for 2.5 weeks now so I think they're nearly done stretching and the pistils are starting to shoot out like crazy. I have it about 24" above the tallest peaks. I'll start using the UVB in a few days. I'm getting excited for the outcome!

DSC013127.JPG
DSC0131710.JPG

The Sexbud are making up for their lack of veg with really intense flower production. These are clones of a freebie seed but I think I want to try a whole run of it someday. Looks like great potential and vapes nice with a tropical flavor and hazy sativa high.

DSC013183.JPG
DSC013207.JPG

I'm pretty disappointed. Two of these plants are clones from the hermie last run. I figured I would be okay with these clones because they were taken during veg before any signs of stress or sex. But now I'm wondering whether this lady was just genetically a hermie all along... I'm only 3 weeks into flowering and there's quite a few orange hairs on the suspects. Compared to every other lady who still has pure white pistils. This is exactly what they did last time, finishing so prematurely. So idk, I think I need to pull these because I don't want them pollinating the rest of the tent again. Feedback?

DSC013414.JPG
DSC013427.JPG
DSC013453.JPG
DSC0134610.JPG

I'm pretty disappointed. Two of these plants are clones from the hermie last run. I figured I would be okay with these clones because they were taken during veg before any signs of stress or sex. But now I'm wondering whether this lady was just genetically a hermie all along... I'm only 3 weeks into flowering and there's quite a few orange hairs on the suspects. Compared to every other lady who still has pure white pistils. This is exactly what they did last time, finishing so prematurely. So idk, I think I need to pull these because I don't want them pollinating the rest of the tent again. Feedback?

I think it happens a lot with feminized plants since they are kinda hermies from the get go.
If you want stable genetics you'll be better off using regurlar seeds and find a phenotype you like and keep a mother. Sadly a lot of strains are only available as feminized nowadays.

i just read your journals man. very good job and descriptions. i realy enjoy ordered experimental journals like yours! bravo man
one of my s.mazar seedlings sprouted some days ago and its growing in a whorled phyllotaxy pattern. After reading your journals and taking into consideration the yield of the first plant you grew(bbw~20g), i think ill take her out the room n just leave her out somewhere in the woods to join her nature :). Do you think it worths keep growing her or better give the space she would cover to the rest of the plants provided that i have limited space (only 15sqf for 12plants) ?

Hey PGR, yea I guess I should accept this possibility. Just disappointed because the breeder has a 99.99% female "guarantee" and they supposedly triple check and purge any batches that have a bad seed. No one else I follow gets hermies :( I think I'll try another breeder and cross my fingers.

Hey Gantsa! Thank you for choosing my journals, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Means a lot that my effort to organize and document hasn't gone unappreciated. I feel like there's not as much to organize or talk about these days because I'm mostly repeating what I've already learned and counting down the days. Next run I'll hopefully be jumping into Hi-Brix so that should be another surge of data.

I'd say keep your whorler for now. I had two last run and one became the hermie while the other yielded fine and has produced the strongest clones in this 3rd flower run. The whorling is pretty cool, fun to look at. I don't think it's a contributing factor to hermaphrodite.

Other traits that separated the hermie from the other whorler is the hermie had shorter, smaller leaves. A full mature leaf was barely 3 inches long. Hermie drank significantly less throughout veg and flowering, perhaps from the miniaturized foliage. Hermie barely stretched an inch and had pistils turning orange and many trichomes by week 3 of flowering. All those traits are consistent in the hermie clones, so maybe it's just genetics but possibly also symptoms of hermaphrodite.

Another note, the whorling has not appeared on this run in either of the clones. I sometimes wonder if the electrical current passed through them while seedlings somehow catalyzed the whorling.

I have a couple of questions regarding your light, if you don't mind answering.
Does the light focus straight down or is the spread sufficient to cover your entire space?
Are you using the lenses?

I have a couple of questions regarding your light, if you don't mind answering.
Does the light focus straight down or is the spread sufficient to cover your entire space?
Are you using the lenses?
I can answer alil for u but it does spread sufficiently across my 4x4 now if u have a real dense canopy that extends down quite a bit then pop them lens on to focus more lite down

Back
Top Bottom