Techman's New LED Grow — Journey To The White Light

Unfortunately I don't weight everything I grow anymore, It's all personal use so it doesn't matter to me.

That IS unfortunate. Do you have links to any journals here that utilized your company's lights, where the grower DID weigh his/her harvest?

That IS unfortunate. Do you have links to any journals here that utilized your company's lights, where the grower DID weigh his/her harvest?

Well I guess I do owe you guys some type of proof of weight. I’m not going to weight every plant but I will show this one. Notice this plant is chopped, this is my Amnesia Lemon and below is what I have dried and cured from that top chop. (48g, less what I smoked already, at least a 1/4) I’m pretty sure I’ll meet the 2oz estimate on this plant once the rest is finished.

I hope this helps

This is whats left after the chop.
IMG_0442_2_JPG.png
IMG_046553.JPG
IMG_046659.JPG

Happy Growing

T.

I hope this helps

Not really. I mean... I understand not weighing a crop if you're not a dealer. I don't even currently own a set of scales.

But then again, I'm not selling grow lights. You, on the other hand, are. And we have acceptable proof that your 647-watt(?) LED grow light panel is fully capable of producing a harvest that masses at least... 48 grams. How much does that sucker cost again, lol?

Obviously, there's a wee bit of facetiousness in ^that^. But, nonetheless, I do hope you understand my point.

This is my opinion. It may or may not be shared by others (IDK - but I could guess...). But if I'm going to contemplate spending a relatively significant amount of money on a product such as a grow light, I'd really like to see the result (weight of dry - and well-manicured - buds, pictures of same, et cetera) of an "all at once harvest." And by that I mean a crop that was grown under (only) the light in question, and harvested all at the same time. Staggered harvests are fine for the growers, but they don't really demonstrate a light's prowess in a concrete manner... because as each plant is harvested, it allows more room (and, thusly, more light-energy) for each remaining one. And pictures of nice-looking harvests are also fine - but, again, not so much in terms of providing data for prospective purchasers. I've seen ounces that I could hide between two hands, and others that didn't really fit into a regular-sized Ziploc.

BtW, I definitely believe that your light produced well over 48 grams, lol. I just can't really guess at how much over.

And, regardless, I'm happy that you took the time to do this test grow and post it online for us to see!

Not really. I mean... I understand not weighing a crop if you're not a dealer. I don't even currently own a set of scales.

But then again, I'm not selling grow lights. You, on the other hand, are. And we have acceptable proof that your 647-watt(?) LED grow light panel is fully capable of producing a harvest that masses at least... 48 grams. How much does that sucker cost again, lol?

Obviously, there's a wee bit of facetiousness in ^that^. But, nonetheless, I do hope you understand my point.

This is my opinion. It may or may not be shared by others (IDK - but I could guess...). But if I'm going to contemplate spending a relatively significant amount of money on a product such as a grow light, I'd really like to see the result (weight of dry - and well-manicured - buds, pictures of same, et cetera) of an "all at once harvest." And by that I mean a crop that was grown under (only) the light in question, and harvested all at the same time. Staggered harvests are fine for the growers, but they don't really demonstrate a light's prowess in a concrete manner... because as each plant is harvested, it allows more room (and, thusly, more light-energy) for each remaining one. And pictures of nice-looking harvests are also fine - but, again, not so much in terms of providing data for prospective purchasers. I've seen ounces that I could hide between two hands, and others that didn't really fit into a regular-sized Ziploc.

BtW, I definitely believe that your light produced well over 48 grams, lol. I just can't really guess at how much over.

And, regardless, I'm happy that you took the time to do this test grow and post it online for us to see!

I also share the same opinion as tortured. I would like to see a full crop harvest weight. Pics of everything. Especially seeing that there's no other info in this light out there. I think it would help sell it. But on another note your using 600+ watts and that plant yielded 48g with cobs too? I'm using a 400w led and getting anywhere from 55-100g per plant depending on strain.
So this concerns me but could just be grower vs grower kind of deal too.

But yeah man I think a total weight would help you move a few lights. Maybe send one to someone on here for half price and let them document a run with it for you.

I decided to hop on and give it a try. My grow is already in progress, plants are in week 1 veg right now and this lamp should be arriving next week for me, so they'll beginning their week 2 veg prior to using this, and I'll also be using 2x2' 24w T5 UVA/UVB bulbs, but they shouldn't really effect the yield, more so just the potency.
There was a few intriguing things about this lamp I liked, the spectrum looks fantastic(just wish there was a separate switch for the Red/Blue diodes), the footprint looks great, and all for less than $1/w(until Sep 2nd anyways)

You guys missed the point. I did not get 48g from that plant. 48g is whats left from one top I cut off at day 56. I prob smoked another 1/4 already too. A 2oz top doesn't seem too bad to me considering I didn't do anything special and this was not one plant grown under that light, look at the photos, its pretty jammed up in there.

I must say this is always the worst part, The GPW debate. Take a good look at this journal and tell me that this lamp did not do a great job from seed to harvest, tell me this lamp didn't produce awesome high quality bud. Tell me it's not worth the money? The proof is there, photos don't lie. So many factors go into a grow; lighting, environment, nutrients I would never guarantee an outcome based solely on light alone.

Gentleman Thank you for you input. This will be my last comment on this topic.

Happy Growing

T.

I decided to hop on and give it a try. My grow is already in progress, plants are in week 1 veg right now and this lamp should be arriving next week for me, so they'll beginning their week 2 veg prior to using this, and I'll also be using 2x2' 24w T5 UVA/UVB bulbs, but they shouldn't really effect the yield, more so just the potency.
There was a few intriguing things about this lamp I liked, the spectrum looks fantastic(just wish there was a separate switch for the Red/Blue diodes), the footprint looks great, and all for less than $1/w(until Sep 2nd anyways)

The lamp has two switches

1 for the COB
1 for the 5w LED's

The timer is simple although there is one cache. You have to start it at the time you want it to turn on.

so if you want your lamp on at 6pm, you have to be there at 6pm to select the # of hrs. After that your done.

control4.jpg
Happy Growing

T.

Here are some photos of the recent take downs. There are two more full plants and the 1/2 from the chopped one left. A few more days an they will be ready.

It's Hard to believe all this was done under one small lamp.

SunPlusUSA - Grow with the Sun

IMG_047459.JPG
IMG_048156.JPG
IMG_048461.JPG
IMG_048557.JPG
IMG_048652.JPG
IMG_048752.JPG
IMG_049158.JPG

Thanks for Viewing

Happy Growing

T.

Guess i opened a can of beans but i do agree with everyone on the subject of what a light can really do. And thats the sole reason that i asked the question of wieght. I do see that you let them grow naturally but maybe u should consider letting one of us 420 growers show what it can do in a sponsered grow. I jus pulled 13 ounces from a dormgrow and advance panel with training and a good strain. Love the thread and the quality of buds but we are on 420 mag because we enjoy this great hobby of pushing plants hard as we can to get quantity and QUALITY!! Thanks for the input but please consider at least one sponsored grow that we can all see what the light offers. I would be up to the challenge and wouldnt let u down to prove what great product u offer. Keep up the great work and please dont take the community personal jus a grow loght is one of the biggest investments that we make as a indoor grower. Again great work and glad u answered my question when asked!! And plants do look good with no training but do think jus a lil bit if training would of pushed your thread over the top. Please consider letting me show your light off with a sponsored grow will not let you down!!

I jus pulled 13 ounces

Did you weigh it? Or use those "This is what I just harvested after months of effort" eyes? ;)

I was just hoping for some actual yield statistics, because it would have been a refreshing change. I've looked at a lot of LED grow light ads/specifications/etc., but I don't recall seeing "this light yielded n grams of X(/Y/Z) strain(s), from d1 days of vegetative growth @ h1 hours per day of light and d2 days of flowering @ h2 hours of light per day, in our official test grow."

IIRC, there was another sponsor whose rep showed a grow - and measured the harvest - but he had the light in question in a larger space that had other lights, so it was very much inexact (and, one assumes, artificially boosted by the "third-light effect." So... Yes, this could have been a rather unique thing. I reckon it would have helped you sell lots of additional lights.

Assuming the yield amounts were better than other similarly priced LED panels and/or ones that consumed similar amounts of electricity (or at least significantly outperformed a cheap HID setup :icon_roll ) .

But it aint no big thing, as they say. I'm sure that, sooner or later, an LED seller will publish such statistics. I was just hoping it'd be you....

Hey TS yes i did wiegh it. It was all documented on my journal but i didnt go as extensive as u might have liked. And it surprised me to yield that much off two girls but hey if you have time you can check my journal out and see that i did wiegh everything after long cure. M sure the girl m bout to pull out if the same set up is going to also pull good numbers. I am far from a expert jus love the hobby and like to grow for myself so quality is always my firt goal yield is always jus a great bonus to my grows.

Day 82 - Harvested the last three Plants today.

The SunPlus Pioneer P6 did a great Job despite all I did wrong.

This is what it's all about... Right?

IMG_051961.JPG

IMG_108542.JPG
IMG_108655.JPG
IMG_108849.JPG

Pioneer P6 - Ready for the Next Run

IMG_108144.JPG

My plants are loving this light!! Thanks Tech, looking forward to watching your grow too.

I do run it on full go even in veg though. From all my reading blue light does wonders in veg mode, if I had the choice I'd turn off the reds for veg and run COBS + Blues, but I'd rather not miss out on the blue so just run it in full go throughout the entire grow

Wish I could introduce a CO2 tank to my setup, for that I'll wait till I have a bigger space to work with though!

GL on the new grow, decided what you'll be growing yet?

I'm already planning out my next strains hahaha, figure I'm going to get strains that actually interest me instead of just grabbing some random ones.

My plants are loving this light!! Thanks Tech, looking forward to watching your grow too.

GL on the new grow, decided what you'll be growing yet?

I'm already planning out my next strains hahaha, figure I'm going to get strains that actually interest me instead of just grabbing some random ones.

I'm really liking the Ayahuasca Purple & Pineapple Chunk, I'm think I'm going to run them again. They haven't cured much but from the samples I can tell I'm going to be real happy.

Happy Growing

T.

Tech when you set up for the next run Add 1/2 tablespoon of sweet dolomite lime to your soil and mix it real well. It will stop any nute lockouts you might get and keep your soil ph perfect so the roots can be as active as possible. You'll have healthier plants. Also floralicious plus is gold Man. Try it for taste and smell and it just helps everything absorb better. Also top your plants so you end up with multiple colas. And right before you flower it strip the bottom 1/3 of the plant. Branches that won't make the surface and any fan leaves. None of this is going to get light it's going to be yellow and shit and it's just going to stop the flow from going to the top where the photosynthesis is happening. Hope this helps show off that beast man.

Not sure what you feed for nutes either but if you wanna know what I run just ask.

Looked like a great grow to me. No experience with LED, but looking forward to it. Probably won't be able to invest in this particular quality of light for a while but love reading a short journal full of pictures.

Those girls got huge fast, and I'm over here worrying about how short mine are when I'm thinking about flipping my lights. Is that a stretch for the light thing? A sativa vs indica thing? A lack of training thing? Or my fear, a my-temps-are-too-damn-high thing?

Looked like a great grow to me. No experience with LED, but looking forward to it. Probably won't be able to invest in this particular quality of light for a while but love reading a short journal full of pictures.

Those girls got huge fast, and I'm over here worrying about how short mine are when I'm thinking about flipping my lights. Is that a stretch for the light thing? A sativa vs indica thing? A lack of training thing? Or my fear, a my-temps-are-too-damn-high thing?

I constantly hear people say they can't invest in a high quality light. It's 500$ my man. The first harvest you have, you don't think you'll get an extra ounce and a half? It pays for itself in the first run dude. Lol sell the ounce and a half bro.

Light is everything I was just saying this in another thread. No matter what you do for nutes or anything Else it all boils down to photosynthesis and if you don't have adequate lighting you aren't generating adequate photosynthesis for the plant to grow. More light = more growth plain and simple. Also those yield totals continue to grow time after time so think about that ounce and a half extra every 60 days compared to the lighting you are using now. And I'm sure it'll make a much bigger difference than just 42g lol IT PAYS FOR ITSELF AND THEN SOME.

I did a budget grow for a while. I got new lights and finally had buds.

Back
Top Bottom