Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

I'm really liking these plants! There's not much to say at this point. The pictures sort of sum up how I'm liking these lights!

Picture_014200.jpg
Picture_013200.jpg
Picture_012222.jpg
Picture_011230.jpg
Picture_010249.jpg
Picture_009258.jpg
Picture_008257.jpg
Picture_007285.jpg
Picture_006305.jpg

Buds are starting the ripening phase. We should see some serious resin coming on. All leaves remain essentially perfect on the Colombians, the Grape Apes are changing colors in a nice way and are greasier than usual.

These lights have the peculiar trait of improving and boosting late bloom growth. I'm not sure how they do it, but I am absolutely noticing some different growth patterns. On the other hand, the Colombians have never looked better.

IMG_86771.jpg
IMG_86761.jpg
IMG_8675.JPG
IMG_86741.JPG
IMG_8673.jpg
IMG_86711.JPG
IMG_86691.jpg
IMG_8668.jpg
IMG_86671.jpg
IMG_86661.jpg
IMG_86651.jpg
IMG_86641.jpg
IMG_86631.jpg
IMG_86621.jpg
IMG_86593.jpg
IMG_86583.JPG

Any questions?

Buds are starting the ripening phase. We should see some serious resin coming on. All leaves remain essentially perfect on the Colombians, the Grape Apes are changing colors in a nice way and are greasier than usual.

These lights have the peculiar trait of improving and boosting late bloom growth. I'm not sure how they do it, but I am absolutely noticing some different growth patterns. On the other hand, the Colombians have never looked better.

IMG_86771.jpg
IMG_86761.jpg
IMG_8675.JPG
IMG_86741.JPG
IMG_8673.jpg
IMG_86711.JPG
IMG_86691.jpg
IMG_8668.jpg
IMG_86671.jpg
IMG_86661.jpg
IMG_86651.jpg
IMG_86641.jpg
IMG_86631.jpg
IMG_86621.jpg
IMG_86593.jpg
IMG_86583.JPG

Any questions?

Yes! WT-? :)

This surge of growth at this late stage of bloom makes me think that cannabis plants might benefit greatly from different spectrums of light at different stages of bloom. Maybe these advanced lights are just set up more for late phase blooming? :Namaste:

Your plants are so awesome!

This surge of growth at this late stage of bloom makes me think that cannabis plants might benefit greatly from different spectrums of light at different stages of bloom. Maybe these advanced lights are just set up more for late phase blooming? :Namaste:

You're on to something for sure. I can't tell you much about spectrum, wattage, diodes, etc. I can tell you that growth patterns are different with these lights and for sure I'm seeing more late growth than ever before.

They were looking like a small yield at one time, now I'm looking at a normal/heavy yield. And all the leaves are pretty damn healthy! :party:

You're on to something for sure. I can't tell you much about spectrum, wattage, diodes, etc. I can tell you that growth patterns are different with these lights and for sure I'm seeing more late growth than ever before.

They were looking like a small yield at one time, now I'm looking at a normal/heavy yield. And all the leaves are pretty damn healthy! :party:

Doc do you think feeding a bit more than the original instructions called for might have some to do with it? Or have you been using heavier doses for some time? plus new things you are trying?

I posted over in your other thread that I have been going by the 1/2oz/gl ratio and now 1/2 to 1 1/2 is acceptable.
todays feeding I went middle of the road. 15ml 3 plants would be 1oz for 6

Doc do you think feeding a bit more than the original instructions called for might have some to do with it? Or have you been using heavier doses for some time? plus new things you are trying?

I posted over in your other thread that I have been going by the 1/2oz/gl ratio and now 1/2 to 1 1/2 is acceptable.
todays feeding I went middle of the road. 15ml 3 plants would be 1oz for 6

I dont' think it has anything to do with feeding/spraying. It's definitely the lights. I can't say they're better. Can't say their worse, either. They are different, for sure.

I've noticed that lights with more red spectrum does that to my plants also.

Hey doc I've been checking out advanced LEDs website.........you have 4 xte 400's over a 3x6........man they claim the core footprint for those lights is 4x2.5ft, so you got like 10 ft of coverage over 6ft......really think more is needed........

Oh yeah they seem to be 3 and 5 watt mixed.......the 5's could be the reason the lower nugs are like rocks.....better penetration?

I understand your not a big watts and par kinda guy, I just thought it was interesting.......:passitleft:

Hey doc I've been checking out advanced LEDs website.........you have 4 xte 400's over a 3x6........man they claim the core footprint for those lights is 4x2.5ft, so you got like 10 ft of coverage over 6ft......really think more is needed........

Oh yeah they seem to be 3 and 5 watt mixed.......the 5's could be the reason the lower nugs are like rocks.....better penetration?

I understand your not a big watts and par kinda guy, I just thought it was interesting.......:passitleft:

I like a lot of light! The plants do too. Double the recommended LED light seems about right to me. I like it when leaves take on some outdoor quality! I think it might be the extra UV?

Is more really needed? Well, if you wanted plants like the ones you see here, then no! More is not needed as we've already arrived where we want to be. I'd like these plants to be about double in size. More light would do the trick, in my experience.

But these plants are pretty nice....and I'm a perfectionist, maybe a lot of people would be satisfied with them just as they are. Probably.

Nice plants Doc!

I have an LED in a 2X4 tent (supposed to be equivalent to 600w hps). Its about 1 foot from the top of the tent, and all the plants seem to be budding up nicely. I have a couple of 300w CFLs on each side of the tent to cover the bottom of the plants. I don't even use the HPS/MH anymore!

Back
Top Bottom