Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

I like the idea of massive amounts of light, kept 24 inches or more above the canopy. I'll get some pics soon.....things are looking really nice.

Doc first off great journal and great grow congrats. I have a few questions I see u have the lights setup horizontally but I thought mark said put them side by side? I have 3 p600's in a 4×8 tent I'm still in veg and I only have 4 plants in there. How many 5 gallons would u put under 1 600 and how far away do u keep them from the plant in veg/flower also how long do u veg?

I grew a 6.5' plant with 2 platinum p450's with no issues what so ever. Harvested 1.75 lbs off that plant. There's no issue with these lights and height. Put them on some yo yo hangers and adjust them as needed...

U almost harvested 2 lbs off one plant with 2 450's how long did u veg??

Doc first off great journal and great grow congrats. I have a few questions I see u have the lights setup horizontally but I thought mark said put them side by side? I have 3 p600's in a 4×8 tent I'm still in veg and I only have 4 plants in there. How many 5 gallons would u put under 1 600 and how far away do u keep them from the plant in veg/flower also how long do u veg?

I like to keep the lights about 24 inches above the canopy. Personally, I'd put no more than 4 under a P600, but I don't grow for yield. I like to "behold" each plant and give it it's own space.

Docbud...hi again from your friendly neighborhood pest here, lol. I have a question, could you list the ingredients I need for your hibrix? I want to see what I can get locally and what I have to get from you, like the kit for example.

I'm sure it's here somewhere in the 420 mag but it's hard to find?

Any help you could me would be much appreciated!

Thanks Doc, Pete.

Docbud...hi again from your friendly neighborhood pest here, lol. I have a question, could you list the ingredients I need for your hibrix? I want to see what I can get locally and what I have to get from you, like the kit for example.

I'm sure it's here somewhere in the 420 mag but it's hard to find?

Any help you could me would be much appreciated!

Thanks Doc, Pete.

You'll need:

High Calcium Limestone
Carbonized Limestone
Soft rock phosphate
Chilean Nitrate
ammonium sulphate
copper sulphate
iron sulphate
kelp meal
Eden
20 mule team borax
fish hydrolylsate from cold water fish
dextrose
liquid calcium nitrate
ammonium phosphate
mycorhyzza that has been born and bred on eating fine rock poweders
organic earthworm castings
phosphorOUS acid
phosphORIC acid

I think I got it all. Those are the ingredients. You can source most of it at a farm supply place, but it kind of sucks because you have to buy a 20 pound bag of copper sulfate, but you only need a small pinch of it in the amendment. I can get you a 50 lb bag of carbonized limestone for 50.00, which is a great deal. You only need about half a pound of it to amend an entire bale of Promix....but hey, now you've got 45.5 pounds of it!

Same with the soft rock phosphate, I can get you a nice big bag of GeoCal for like 30.00......same with high calcium limestone. Super cheap if we order a big bag. Oh....make sure to get stuff pelletized for a broadcast spreader. The binding agent you want is mollasses. It's just a small amount, not enough to mess up the soil, but it's much easier to get everything mixed together if it's pelletized, not to mention you can use a broadcast spreader to put it out

Then you'll need to get a nice scale and a good mixer and mix it all together in the right ratios.

Making the foliar sprays is a tad harder, as the pH has to be just right or they bloom in the bottle. There are a handful of other products used to stabilize the sprays, we can talk about getting those to you if you have trouble.

I hope this helps. I might have missed a small ingredient.....I don't think so, but I'm just going from memory at 6:45 Sunday AM. Of course, I don't actually mix up the sprays myself....I have a lab do that. I do mix up the amendment, however.

You can get all the stuff I mentioned for right around 800.00 if you're careful and if an Ag shop will sell to you at farmer's prices. I'm a fertilizer broker, so I get it all pretty cheap. It might cost a bit more for you, especially if you buy in small amounts. You'll need a good sized trunk or pickup.

Or, you can get my kit, which has everything in the right ratio, all mixed up and ready to go shipped to your door for 1/10th the money.

Hey Doc

Do you still use Pyro gro? I was reading a journal of yours last night where you some of it in a tea. Thank you, Doc!!

10/4 thank you. I'm digging in your old journals looking for those tasty tidbits of info that you give out, but many miss, or have forgotten. Thanks for all you do, and as willing as you are to do it! That is a mark of a true leader..... ;)

I'll eventually get your kit. .I just want to learn how to build some good organic soil on my own, then I'll go for the big leagues....:thanks:

10/4 thank you. I'm digging in your old journals looking for those tasty tidbits of info that you give out, but many miss, or have forgotten. Thanks for all you do, and as willing as you are to do it! That is a mark of a true leader..... ;)

I'll eventually get your kit. .I just want to learn how to build some good organic soil on my own, then I'll go for the big leagues....:thanks:

The "big leagues" are actually easier than the go-it-alone route. Been there, done that.

Of course it is, since you and your boys have done the dirty work. But I'm stubborn like that. And I love to fall down and come charging back... must be the piasan in me. ;)

be good doc ;)

Somehow, I saw your answer to Grysley coming from a mile away, Doc. Lol
But just so I can wrap my head around all this 'kit' stuff, how many 5 gal pots will one 'kit' supply? In other words, if I want to raise 24 plants in 5 gal pots, how many 'kits' will I need and what is the cost?
Is there a better forum to be asking this?
Thanks, Andy.

Somehow, I saw your answer to Grysley coming from a mile away, Doc. Lol
But just so I can wrap my head around all this 'kit' stuff, how many 5 gal pots will one 'kit' supply? In other words, if I want to raise 24 plants in 5 gal pots, how many 'kits' will I need and what is the cost?
Is there a better forum to be asking this?
Thanks, Andy.
We're all good Andy,

First of all, I recommend 7 gallons as the minimum sized container. Each kit will grow 6 plants in seven gal. pots.

So, you'd need 4 kits for your usage. However, I recommend that you get one kit...see how you like it....and then order stuff in bulk if you decide to go with it. You could potentially save quite a bit of money that way.

We don't conduct any sales on this forum, BTW, so please PM me if this goes past the Q and A stage and we'll take it to email. The cost of one kit is 85.00, which includes shipping to the US. Canada is 30.00 extra.

As the soil gets recycled the cost per run continues to drop. It's quite inexpensive compared to sourcing it yourself (not even farmers do that) and the formula is being updated 2 or 3 times a year.

Thanks Doc. We need to talk ;)
I have a few things to get in line first, but gearing up for summer.

You'll need:

High Calcium Limestone
Carbonized Limestone
Soft rock phosphate
Chilean Nitrate
ammonium sulphate
copper sulphate
iron sulphate
kelp meal
Eden
20 mule team borax
fish hydrolylsate from cold water fish
dextrose
liquid calcium nitrate
ammonium phosphate
mycorhyzza that has been born and bred on eating fine rock poweders
organic earthworm castings
phosphorOUS acid
phosphORIC acid

I think I got it all. Those are the ingredients. You can source most of it at a farm supply place, but it kind of sucks because you have to buy a 20 pound bag of copper sulfate, but you only need a small pinch of it in the amendment. I can get you a 50 lb bag of carbonized limestone for 50.00, which is a great deal. You only need about half a pound of it to amend an entire bale of Promix....but hey, now you've got 45.5 pounds of it!

Same with the soft rock phosphate, I can get you a nice big bag of GeoCal for like 30.00......same with high calcium limestone. Super cheap if we order a big bag. Oh....make sure to get stuff pelletized for a broadcast spreader. The binding agent you want is mollasses. It's just a small amount, not enough to mess up the soil, but it's much easier to get everything mixed together if it's pelletized, not to mention you can use a broadcast spreader to put it out

Then you'll need to get a nice scale and a good mixer and mix it all together in the right ratios.

Making the foliar sprays is a tad harder, as the pH has to be just right or they bloom in the bottle. There are a handful of other products used to stabilize the sprays, we can talk about getting those to you if you have trouble.

I hope this helps. I might have missed a small ingredient.....I don't think so, but I'm just going from memory at 6:45 Sunday AM. Of course, I don't actually mix up the sprays myself....I have a lab do that. I do mix up the amendment, however.

You can get all the stuff I mentioned for right around 800.00 if you're careful and if an Ag shop will sell to you at farmer's prices. I'm a fertilizer broker, so I get it all pretty cheap. It might cost a bit more for you, especially if you buy in small amounts. You'll need a good sized trunk or pickup.

Or, you can get my kit, which has everything in the right ratio, all mixed up and ready to go shipped to your door for 1/10th the money.

lol Doc......i want the kit, damn, you scared the hell out of me for a sec there, I was about to say fuck no until you said i can buy the kit,. I'm going to buy it this summer, wifey says no buy right now so have to wait. :thanks:

have you ever shipped your kit to europe, Doc?

i understand that customs charge a lot for things like soil and i'd like your input on this

Ron Paul is my hero. Nuff said! :high-five:

To even be mentioned along with him is an honor I don't deserve. My most humble thanks....

I love Dr. Paul with all my HEART! The only reason he is not our president is because of the evil forces who controls our Country, especially the Presstitutes that still controlling the masses.
I was never, ever involved in Politics, and to be honest when I was living in the dark I was really pleased to see Obama winning, until I start doing my home work and find out who he, and most of the other presidents were really working for.
Doc, how close can you keep that panel to the canopy? Do you think that 12" would be too close?
I read you like about 24", but I would not be able to keep that far.
My room is an attic with 2 squares of 4LX5WX5H and each of those squares I am running a 600W HID. Would it be better for my space 2, P600, 736W or 1 P1200, 758W to cover each of those rooms?
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom