Duggan Does MK Ultra & Mazar With High Brix & Lots of LEDs

A few pics of the harvest hanging. As soon as i get them off the strings, and can start curing ...the next crop, the Desfrans will be moved in and the Budmaster fired back up for the long veg.They'le veg in the one gal. for a couple weeks,then get to really take off in the 26gal.babies.....for as long as it takes to get them how i want. Listen to me....ya right....these Sativa's will prolly show me who's boss before too long, i think. Anyhow ,ya all have a great night.....:circle-of-love:

Isn't all this play-off hockey just GREAT!:thumb:

GO WINGS GO!

harvest_hangin_001.jpg
harvest_hangin_002.jpg
harvest_hangin_003.jpg
harvest_hangin_004.jpg
harvest_hangin_005.jpg
harvest_hangin_006.jpg
harvest_hangin_007.jpg

Hey Doc...that was an accident...;)
These last pics don't show the resin very well but i'm pleased with the results so far. I just turned a small fan on in there today to help a bit with air movement.Don't normally do that but the RH has shot right up to 75 or so.. I'l leave the fan on....just blowing on "low" for the first couple days only and not directly on the tops. I'm a little afraid of mold cuz of the bud structure and all. Temps are about 65 F. so it's gonna take longer for these big tops. Cheers Gang.:high-five:

Ya you killed it duggs. Enjoy that harvest for the next few months, try not to smoke it too quick! My one plant was smoked before a proper cure, but was great. Yours looks way bigger and better.

Like doc said, no hay smell, and its fun to test flavor changes.

Once again duggs, congrats, they look incredible!

Ya eh....how bout those Wings.:thumb:

:reading420magazine:

Just got finished cleaning up the Mazar. 18.6 oz's.. The more mature one,#1 yielded the most at just over 10 z's. ,while #2 gave a little over 8.
To be honest, i'm disapointed in that yield. I tasted both 1 & 2 , and i'm not sure i like it. It's very odd. Smoke expands the lungs alot ,but no coughing,smokes smooth and even thru joint....well 1/2 a j....couldn't smoke it all. Started that staring off into space thing eh....a different buzz....a little clearer than the MK Ultra is.
Just don't know if i like the taste....it's not nice and sweet like i had hoped, ya know? Very strong and a nice buzz,but ,but...

The Desfrans got moved today under the Budmaster2. Still in the 1/2 gal 's. for another week . They look good and are growing fast . Supercropped today as well, first time . Have a feeling these are gonna wanna take off ,alot more than i've been used to. Gotta have a good handle on these Sativas in big pots like this.

Anyhow have a great night Gang....havin a Stella ,watchin the Wing game. Cheers eh.:cheer:

Ya eh....how bout those Wings.:thumb:

:reading420magazine:

Just got finished cleaning up the Mazar. 18.6 oz's.. The more mature one,#1 yielded the most at just over 10 z's. ,while #2 gave a little over 8.
To be honest, i'm disapointed in that yield. I tasted both 1 & 2 , and i'm not sure i like it. It's very odd. Smoke expands the lungs alot ,but no coughing,smokes smooth and even thru joint....well 1/2 a j....couldn't smoke it all. Started that staring off into space thing eh....a different buzz....a little clearer than the MK Ultra is.
Just don't know if i like the taste....it's not nice and sweet like i had hoped, ya know? Very strong and a nice buzz,but ,but...

The Desfrans got moved today under the Budmaster2. Still in the 1/2 gal 's. for another week . They look good and are growing fast . Supercropped today as well, first time . Have a feeling these are gonna wanna take off ,alot more than i've been used to. Gotta have a good handle on these Sativas in big pots like this.

Anyhow have a great night Gang....havin a Stella ,watchin the Wing game. Cheers eh.:cheer:

Jar it up for a couple weeks and come back to it. Your description reminded me of how the Afghan strain I've grown a couple times tasted. It was crazy strong....but it almost had no flavor, but not sweet....3 weeks in the jar it smelled and tasted completely different. I predict you'll love it then. Jar it up and leave it alone if you can.

Congratulations on the overall harvest duggan. That was one magnificent plant! My Buddha Magnum didn't begin to cure into the flavorful terpenes until about a month in, and all of a sudden there're lemony tones and something I just can't put my finger on. I catch it sooner or later. Let us know in 3 weeks to a month.

Can't believe I just found this journal. I've been too distracted.

Have a great evening Duggs. :love:

Congratulations on the overall harvest duggan. That was one magnificent plant! My Buddha Magnum didn't begin to cure into the flavorful terpenes until about a month in, and all of a sudden there're lemony tones and something I just can't put my finger on. I catch it sooner or later. Let us know in 3 weeks to a month.

Can't believe I just found this journal. I've been too distracted.

Have a great evening Duggs. :love:

Mornin Sweetsue....just found my journal? You distracted....go on!:rofl:
Ya ,i don't advertise and stay low key ,i guess.Just a few loyals follow my grows. Sorry, i just don't have time to stay up to date with everyone's journal. Yours moves so fast i can't ,even though i've tried a few times.Have a great day SS and fyi....i'l be starting a new one for my Desfrans as soon as time permits....right now it doesn't, as i've got my two boys this weekend and am dealing with alot of fresh bud that needs tlc . Cheers.....Duggs....Oh ya ...hope Dale is improving.

Thanks for the advise Doc. Why is it like that with this soil? Iv'e grown lots of other crops over the years that taste great ,right off the wire....what gives? I am very dissapointed in it so far ....taste that is....it sucks. Potency and buzz, like i said is great ,but the taste.....not so much. I jarred up all i got this morning ,a little over a pound, and will not touch it for a few weeks ,but i have my doubts the flavour will come.
Have a great day . Cheers....Duggs.

Thanks for the advise Doc. Why is it like that with this soil? Iv'e grown lots of other crops over the years that taste great ,right off the wire....what gives? I am very dissapointed in it so far ....taste that is....it sucks. Potency and buzz, like i said is great ,but the taste.....not so much. I jarred up all i got this morning ,a little over a pound, and will not touch it for a few weeks ,but i have my doubts the flavour will come.
Have a great day . Cheers....Duggs.

I would say it's the strain. You grew it well, the plant was healthy.....let it cure a bit.

Mornin all....Doc , if your out there this mornin.....Can you elaborate on your Afghani you mentioned you grew out that lacked taste etc.?Tell me how it tasted ,burned smelled etc. before and after a short cure. Were you dissapointed as me on the flavour....or lack of?Thanks in advance Doc. Cheers.

Hey Duggan,

I've grown several strains that I was dissappointed in: C99, Cherry Pie, Afghan (which is getting a second chance right now) and a couple others I can't recall right away.

In the case of the Afghan, the flavor was kinda like dirt at first....earthy, nothing sweet, no fruity overtones, no fuel.....just real mild earthy taste....not offensive, just nothing to get excited about.

So, it stayed in the curing jar for about a month until I ran out of everything else and so I put it on the menu and it was gone two days later. After a couple weeks it developed a nice honey/pine flavor and was actually quite good, which is why I gave it another chance.

Been there, done that bro. It's all part of growing.

Thanks Doc....i'l be patient with it and give it a few weeks to cure in the jars. it may surprise me , we'l see. At any rate i'm hoping these Desfran's won't dissapoint like this Mazar has so far. it's known for it's potency and outstanding flavour so the "kit" soil will be tested with it. If i grow the Desfrans as good as the Mazar there will be no excuse for it.The flavour SHOULD be there right off the wire like other strains i've grown.Sorry to question this soil Doc....it's just that i put my best effort forward with this Mazar and did everything i possibly could to get the best possible finished product i could ,so when i taste it and it doesn't do it ..it's quite frustrating ya know..i wonder ,that's all. Cheers.....Duggs.:Namaste:

Thanks Doc....i'l be patient with it and give it a few weeks to cure in the jars. it may surprise me , we'l see. At any rate i'm hoping these Desfran's won't dissapoint like this Mazar has so far. it's known for it's potency and outstanding flavour so the "kit" soil will be tested with it. If i grow the Desfrans as good as the Mazar there will be no excuse for it.The flavour SHOULD be there right off the wire like other strains i've grown.Sorry to question this soil Doc....it's just that i put my best effort forward with this Mazar and did everything i possibly could to get the best possible finished product i could ,so when i taste it and it doesn't do it ..it's quite frustrating ya know..i wonder ,that's all. Cheers.....Duggs.:Namaste:

Have you had the Mazar before? What did it taste and smell like?

Some strains just aren't that great. It's as simple as that. You said it yourself....."like other strains I've grown."

I've had the same problem....and I'm sure I'll have it it again.
Oh...I just remembered another dissappointing strain: Pure Power Plant. So bland and uninspiring! I grew it in organic supersoil. It sucked, but right next to it were Jack Herer which came out PERFECT and tasted and smelled fantastic, same soil, same tray, same water, etc.

That's the risk you take if you only grow one strain....you might not like it.

Back
Top Bottom