Duggan Does Ace's Zamal Hash With Doc's Gear - Huge Pots & Lots Of LEDs

I c, but it's not like your fan physically moves the buds hanging? I guess I'm just trying to get a good feel for drying and curing.....it is definetly the hardest part, when your running the kit.....:rofl:

Nate, that's right brotha....the exhaust fan/filter running doesn't make the buds sway in the breeze cuz there isn't any. It just exchanges the moist air in the GR for dryer air is all. The air continues to be dried out by this action and gets rid of the smell too. If I just hung it up without the fan/filter running the house will smell plus there could be a risk of mold during the drying process cuz the temp in there is low and so is the RH without the lights on (around 65F) , so I feel better knowing mold can't take hold during this very critical time. I'm going to check them again tonight to see if it is ready for the jars. If a joint will burn not bad then it's got just enough moisture in it to start the cure (in jars).If I let it go another day (4) it may be too dry for a nice cure ,,that just happened with the Desfran....I let it get too dry and wasn't curable. Hope this helps Nate...cheers pal! BTW , what you don't want is a fast dry like what would happen if you had a fan blowing on them ....it would dry way too fast and be harsh.:circle-of-love:

Walking the proverbial razor's-edge in the drying process can make for the best cure.

Low temps + moderate rh + modest air movement = the best compliment to well-grown bud.

My .02c :cool:

Walking the proverbial razor's-edge in the drying process can make for the best cure.

Low temps + moderate rh + modest air movement = the best compliment to well-grown bud.

My .02c :cool:

Govt, or anyone..have you ever dried in a frost free fridge? I need another fridge or Mrs Ziggy's changing her name. :)

Govt, or anyone..have you ever dried in a frost free fridge? I need another fridge or Mrs Ziggy's changing her name. :)

I, personally, have not. Ive seen/read others who have, but without knowing them and vetting their findings, I wouldn't endorse their claims. However, the inside of our frost-free refrigerators and freezers is typically VERY dry and could be a way to dry. Not sure how well the cure would advance as the molecules aren't as mobile though....hmmm

I, personally, have not. Ive seen/read others who have, but without knowing them and vetting their findings, I wouldn't endorse their claims. However, the inside of our frost-free refrigerators and freezers is typically VERY dry and could be a way to dry. Not sure how well the cure would advance as the molecules aren't as mobile though....hmmm

there are draws in the newer fridges that have humidity controlled or higher for certain food groups..
Herb is a food group :)

Hi Duggan :)

Hey Gang! Hi Ziggs....Please gang, DO NOT dry your very prized produce in the fridge. Everthing is wrong with that method. The temps are WAY too cold for a proper dry and the decarboxlating (spelling ?) or proper drying , just will not happen. The best conditions still, to this day are room temperature, in the dark, with no breeze, period. That is the best way. What you should be trying to accomplish is a very slow dry ....that's the best...the slower the better, period. I try to let them alone for at least 4 days on the strings. This morning I checked mine...it was almost dry enough , but too dry to let it go another full day , so I just took all the sticks off the strings and put it all in a big garbage bag, sealed it up until I can trim it off the sticks tonight and jar it up for a cure. Have a great day gang. Cheers eh!

Awesome info duggs.......that's the way I felt about the zamadelica........almost dry enough in the morning but had to go to work, and by then to long on the strings.....I'm glad u made that statement......I clears alot up.....thanks dude.....:high-five:

Ya Nate...no probs brotha! I've made the mistake of letting it go that extra 8 hrs. or so cuz of no time or going to work etc......today I MADE THE TIME to bag it up and save that last lil bit of moisture for a nice cure. If I had of left it alone till tonight it would have been TOO dry and I would have been very pissed at my self for not bagging it up!So it got a full 4 days on the strings ,which is just about perfect in my house for a nice cure. Still has a lil moisture , but not much... this is when you want to start the curing process however you do it.

I gotta chime in here. I have dried the last few harvests in the grow room with the AC set to 70 degrees. The RH stayed about 45-50% and they were on the rack anywhere from 8-11 days. That is how long it took for the stems to snap or close to it. I have run them right to the lab and I have cured for a couple weeks before going to the lab. In both cases the moisture content was still 11-13%. Even though they feel dry, when you cure, you are pulling the moisture out of the stem and through the bud. I doubt you could over dry them in 4-5 days unless the room is too hot with really low RH. Just my .02 cents.

Right on guys.......I dried this run upstairs.....which is 72 with between 40-45 rh.......I know a little dry.....but after 4 days I put them in jars, with a hydrometer.....now this hydrometer might not b rldead nuts accurate but its does mov up and down........when I put it all in jars with the hydrometer......the rh went up from 60 to 65 after bout two hours.....now is staying steady.....at 65......I'm gonna check it when it get home but it shouldn't have rocket up on me.....I hope........

As far as the lab testing.....I suppose they know the right rh for cured weed.......but man I have had some weed at the 11-13%.....well you know that neiko......and I thought it was very dry to smoke anyway........I guess I wish they could make a standard rh so that know what to shoot for........lol.

Anyway it is starting pretty good when I popped the top this morning.........

I gotta chime in here. I have dried the last few harvests in the grow room with the AC set to 70 degrees. The RH stayed about 45-50% and they were on the rack anywhere from 8-11 days. That is how long it took for the stems to snap or close to it. I have run them right to the lab and I have cured for a couple weeks before going to the lab. In both cases the moisture content was still 11-13%. Even though they feel dry, when you cure, you are pulling the moisture out of the stem and through the bud. I doubt you could over dry them in 4-5 days unless the room is too hot with really low RH. Just my .02 cents.

Might have to be on the rack for a week if ya grow baseball bats.......:rofl:......like you do......

Congrats on your harvest Duggan even though you didn't share any pics of it with us. ;)

Neiko, ya there are a lot of variables here....these colas and buds are dry after four days on the strings....for sure...no mistake. They still have just a lil moisture left in them . Last round with the Desfrans they were too dry after that and should have been pulled off the strings about 8 hrs. sooner. If I let mine hang that long, as you say 8-10 days , when touched they would go poof ,that's how dry they would be.If you can get them to dry slowly , say over 8-10 days ,as you said it would be much better cuz the longer the dry the smoother it will be. When I take mine off the strings ,they , the buds get cut off the sticks and go right from the scales into the jars. The RH in my GR right now is 4o-50, so pretty dry. Thanks for the input Neiko! Cheers pal!

Congrats on your harvest Duggan even though you didn't share any pics of it with us. ;)

Hey BAR...ya , sorry brotha....the GF and I had I big fight....this may be it for us . Anyhow she came over to my place yesterday while I was at work and scooped her camera, so I'm screwed for pics....cuz I just don't have the coin to buy one!!! Sorry BAR!

Understandable..

Neiko, ya there are a lot of variables here....these colas and buds are dry after four days on the strings....for sure...no mistake. They still have just a lil moisture left in them ... If I let mine hang that long, as you say 8-10 days , when touched they would go poof ,that's how dry they would be.If you can get them to dry slowly , say over 8-10 days ,as you said it would be much better cuz the longer the dry the smoother it will be. When I take mine off the strings ,they , the buds get cut off the sticks and go right from the scales into the jars. The RH in my GR right now is 4o-50, so pretty dry. Thanks for the input Neiko! Cheers pal!

Almost exactly my process at this point. My env is 77f - 55%rh summer and a little cooler in the winter if only a few degrees, so I try to get one good harvest in the fall for a better finish. It's not too difficult with a little planning.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom