Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

Duggan,

It looks intoxicating. [;>)) It is a harvest to be proud of.

A few questions, if I may.

Do you know what the distance from your lights was when you started getting bleaching?

What is your room size?

How many days did you flower?

I am starting to get concerned with my height limit for the new lights. As of now I have 4 feet to the ceiling from the top of the KK plant. The new light is not due until the 7th. I am seriously considering moving it into flower tonight.

I can pass along a tip that took me longer than it should to discover. Furniture dollies from 'Harbor Freight' work well for large pots. They are always on sale for 20 bucks or so. I have 4 from earlier years. If you want to drain the runoff, you can put a few holes in the center of your catch pan, and a good size plastic saucer will fit under the dolly.

Are you going to start another thread soon?

Best

That's a harvest to be proud of. And I really dig the aluminum saucers too! +reps master Duggs!
Thanks Shiggs,always nice to hear, cheers eh!

Nice harvest:thumb:
Big pots, lots of light, bring a win.

Q? So when you change the pre filter, you just go with a new one? Can they be cleaned? any tips on where to get a new one.
I wanna change mine soon..

TAnKs a millll! Cheers!
keltic, with the pre-filter you can use any filter mat'l. that come in a roll or stuff meant for big air handling units (that's what i use. I just cut a few feet from a bigger pc. ...As far as cleaning the stock pre-filter and re-using it...i wouldn't recommend it. Buying new one's are cheap enough , just get a new one. it's very worth it to always have a clean pre-filter. it extends the life of the carbon filter by many months. Look on flea bay for a quick replacement , but don't just buy one...i'de get a few! cheers keltic.

Holy crap Duggs! That is a lot of bud. Love your water catchers. You could put those babies on a lazy Susan to help you turn those big beasts of what you call pots. Man do I need to get me some LED to supplement this HPS. Loved the journal Duggs!! On to the next one!

Stella's on me

Cheers

Happy Canada day

:roorrip:
hey Noob, thanks eh,...the pots are on large plant trollies, and yes i love them , they're the HD ones with 5 casters . Great for moving them around etc., saves the back. been using them for many yrs. now, but these one's for the 26ers are the really big one's. You can';t see them in the pics cuz they're just inside the dia. of the alum. trays. Ya bud, it's gonna be a very good haul this crop. I'm hoping for over 22 z's. I know the quality is there ...no worries for that....stoked at the rock hard lowest buds! Cheers my friend.

Duggan,

It looks intoxicating. [;>)) It is a harvest to be proud of.

A few questions, if I may.

Do you know what the distance from your lights was when you started getting bleaching?

What is your room size?

How many days did you flower?

I am starting to get concerned with my height limit for the new lights. As of now I have 4 feet to the ceiling from the top of the KK plant. The new light is not due until the 7th. I am seriously considering moving it into flower tonight.

I can pass along a tip that took me longer than it should to discover. Furniture dollies from 'Harbor Freight' work well for large pots. They are always on sale for 20 bucks or so. I have 4 from earlier years. If you want to drain the runoff, you can put a few holes in the center of your catch pan, and a good size plastic saucer will fit under the dolly.

Are you going to start another thread soon?

Best

Hey Canyon, good Q's. With the distance ....some tops at further distances had bleaching too,...it's not just how close but if they don't get moved regularly, then it occurs as well. The bleaching started at around 18". I should mention too , that adding the new Advance XTE 400 had no negative effects as far as bleaching went. There was no more or less than previous crops. I will also add that adding that light made way better lower buds and there were NO areas in the garden that were starving for light...I tried to have them finish at no less than 14-16 inches from the panels. the GR is 42 " wide X around 90 " long X 90" in height.
Ya about the dollies...i got em brotha...bin using them for yrs. These one's for the 26 ers are HD ones with 5 casters . You can't see em cuz they're just a lil smaller than the trays.
Yes new thread coming maybe tomorrow , with pics to start off. Hope to see you there Canyon....cheers. gotta go have a night cap (Bubblehash...:tokin:)

have an awesome night everyone!

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:hookah:

Gray, you and me are on the same page ...oh BTW....ive never voted ! My mom and dad used to always say "they're all crooks" ...they were right! it's just that in my life i've never been fond of any politician...that's it.
So, Q'n Gray....in the US, what would have happened if they screwed up a biopsy , like they did with Mare. Remember too,...when she first laid eyes on this guy who did the Biopsy , Mare said he had a picture of a horsey on his shirt and looked like he was going out for a round of friggen golf!! Would they still want their money? Thanks for your words my friend...have an awesome weekend Gray!:thumb::Namaste:

I tended to my late mother in law's medical appointments and errand running for years, and my wife had the recent experience, so mine is pretty current. My parents were personal friends with a group of doctors when I was young, too, so I've seen the changes. :cheesygrinsmiley: In the American system those mistakes happen, too, but they get it redone immediately, or as immediately as they can manage - whatever time the lab work requires. But you'd have a new biopsy the same day you got the phone call. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's no f'n big deal, for pete's sake. :straightface: I'd guess reading it might take another day or two. They'd put you at the head of the line. Part of the reason is because we can sue their butts off for just about any screwup. And that's also why it costs so much more than it should. Imagine how much a car would cost if you could sue the manufacturer for any defect. :laugh: It's all wonderful if you're in the workplace-provided insurance game, but now that the government is involved, the cost of "insurance" has become a sort of shell game - someone else is supposedly paying for most of it, but our share is now more than the total cost used to be. :hmmmm::hmmmm: Where is all the money going?

That's a scrumptious looking harvest, Duggan! :bravo:

I'm trying to get caught up on all my sub's.
I'm really sorry to hear about more medical problems, duggan and Graytail. As for the medical community, insurance, big pharma, and lawyers, please don't get me started. I've had my fill of the entire lot. Luckily my sister has pretty good insurance. I've been watching the bills come in and it is insane. It was up to $150,000 BEFORE the poop hit the fan and she had to go into ICU for a week. I'm betting it will be something like $500,000 when the smoke clears.

Awesome looking harvest, my friend! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Duggan,

Well I did move the KK into flower and it is not touching the walls. It looks smaller now. It is a crowded room though. By the time I had the flower room cleaned and things in place I was worn ought. Maybe a picture tonight.

From your post, I probably could have gone another week in veggie. I am thinking that it is better to stay on the conservative side and loose a little weight on the buds than over do the lighting. I can drop the lights down closer if needed.

Stay positive.

Best

Hey Duggs, finally getting caught up around here. Sorry about all the medical issues! We have our own medical horror stories here too. My wife could write a book on the incompetence she's experienced. I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with for profit health care and for profit prisons......Agh! don't get me going!

Anyway congrats on the beautiful harvest. So what was your conclusion on the CAT timing?

I also have a #2 Laniakea up and I lost 2 lilly beans to the soil, I only got 1 left and I'm going to hold it until my fresh batch of soil is done cooking. I did manage to get 2 BOG Sour Strawberry and 1 ACE Kali China up in the "hot soil" so they should be strong plants.

Have a good one Duggs.......try some Utopia Haze :passitleft:

I'm trying to get caught up on all my sub's.
I'm really sorry to hear about more medical problems, duggan and Graytail. As for the medical community, insurance, big pharma, and lawyers, please don't get me started. I've had my fill of the entire lot. Luckily my sister has pretty good insurance. I've been watching the bills come in and it is insane. It was up to $150,000 BEFORE the poop hit the fan and she had to go into ICU for a week. I'm betting it will be something like $500,000 when the smoke clears.

Awesome looking harvest, my friend! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
Major, my harvest is so trivial compared to real serious issues others are having. My thoughts go out to you and your family.I cannot fathom owing people money like that, so much. What do the people do , that have no insurance ....and no money! Do they just shove them aside and say ..."NEXT". It just blows me away...the $$$$ they're bringing in. Something like a broken leg...if a young person is on their own without the help of family, they could be paying for that for years. Anyhow, Major...you are the MOTM , my brotha....booya , yeepa, booya!! So glad to hear some good news around your sis too. Have an awesome night pal.

Duggan,

Well I did move the KK into flower and it is not touching the walls. It looks smaller now. It is a crowded room though. By the time I had the flower room cleaned and things in place I was worn ought. Maybe a picture tonight.

From your post, I probably could have gone another week in veggie. I am thinking that it is better to stay on the conservative side and loose a little weight on the buds than over do the lighting. I can drop the lights down closer if needed.

Stay positive.

Best
Canyon, you did right ...it was time for her ...it's not too much fun , if you are forced to make drastic changes in the middle of bloom , like buying a bigger tent...:) You are right on with your idea for the lights too. I've been leaving them at "max top" and letting the plants grow into them...It seems to work the best cuz right when they get thick and taller, they are right where they should be. I leave an "emergency 5-6 inches above the main two lights...the Budmaster 2, 675XG and the Advance XTE400 for airflow .It's less work and messin around during the grow too Canyon, i like doing it this way. Seems a lot of us are doing it that way now a days...Doc likes leaving his all the way up, and a bunch of others just raise the plants up by stuff under them ...like that.Have a great day Canyon.:high-five:
Hey Duggs, finally getting caught up around here. Sorry about all the medical issues! We have our own medical horror stories here too. My wife could write a book on the incompetence she's experienced. I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with for profit health care and for profit prisons......Agh! don't get me going!

Anyway congrats on the beautiful harvest. So what was your conclusion on the CAT timing?

I also have a #2 Laniakea up and I lost 2 lilly beans to the soil, I only got 1 left and I'm going to hold it until my fresh batch of soil is done cooking. I did manage to get 2 BOG Sour Strawberry and 1 ACE Kali China up in the "hot soil" so they should be strong plants.

Have a good one Duggs.......try some Utopia Haze :passitleft:

Hey Neiko, wait just a minute brotha!! We just went thru the very same shit....check that out....what odds ! I lost 4 Lilliy's to hot soil as well. Now i have two Lilly's (last two from a batch of 6) and two Laniakea's (pheno#2) growing in straight PM right now....takin no more chances with longer runs of DBHBB soil for sprouting...i knew that though , so this time it was my BAD , i used the same "hot" stuff that fried a bunch of those Desfran's i grew a while back. They (all four) will be going into my last batch of 3rd run,...but i bought a big bag of PM today to cut it with before transplanting. The bag is just under 1/2 a full kit's bale, so that will take some of the edge off it for these four special girls. I'm stoked about this grow....the Lilly's ...wow 7-8 weeks...100% Sativa, should be interesting, and the Lanny's + Gov....gonna be interesting...two in each pot as usual.
So , about the early CD...i noticed two things....the early CD pot started to bloom faster than the other , which eventually caught up to it. Second thing was , the early pot also went crispy much sooner than the late CD pot. Both pots (4 plants) finished properly and are hanging as we speak. Very happy with the harvest.Glad your doing well Neiko. Have a great weekend !:high-five:

A very good morning to everyone! :thumb:

Just checked the strings,.....not quite dry enough to try yet.....rats on toast.:)
Ran out of fresh produce yesterday! Got lots of potent hash though...:yummy:
The KK should be ready to give a try tomorrow, some wee lil buds maybe dry enough...:wood:
I get my youngest tonight after supper for the following week....timing is not good for the weighing and jarring session that usually takes me a good two hours....yikes. Mare's said she'l take care of him for a while when it's time. The other oldest will be occupied with his vid. games....so i'l have to really motor to get it all done by myself!
I'm thinkin tonight for the new journal for the 2 Lilly's and 2 Lanny's. Have an awesome day brothas....and sistas!:high-five::circle-of-love:

Duggan....dude.
You totally smashed this run.:high-five:
Has this run met or exceeded your expectations?
Can you describe the smells?:passitleft:
Pretty epic from here bro!

I haven't been here in a while and I'm still two pages back, but you WILL be making some capsules and she'll be taking them four times a day to keep constant pressure on the tumor cells. Sept. 8 is an excellent time Duggan, because by then there likely won't be anything to biopsy.

Come see me. Sooner than that. You need at least a two week cure, but that's all you need.

Please give Mare a big, loving hug for me. :love: :hug: :love: The fear is unnecessary. This is early stage, if at all, and you grow the most potent medicine on the planet for this very thing. Look at how well that worked out. :battingeyelashes: :love:

So glad to have you back around...missed ya those days recently...maybe bein the "Seed Ball Bandit....??
I always soak up your vibes my friend....they feel good Ziggs,..thanks , i'l pass along those words and such to Mare....seeing her a lot this weekend (no boys till Sun. night). Was a busy day bud....took a while....anyhow , cheers and have a stellar day with your people Ziggs. :Namaste:

Budley...I got those vibes from ya....thanks for the smile bud! Hey, the same day...GET OUT!! Are ya done yet...i am...just cleaned up...took us two, 3-1/2 hrs. Not one puffy bud on all four plants...NOT ONE, i'm stoked...even way down at soil level up to about 16" or so , where it was all pruned off...a bunch of very hard and large buds grew...very surprised at this....you know , the one's that are usually lil puffs...those ones...hard as the tops...:thumb: my bud says 20-3/4 z's....i'm sayin 22 z's. Ya , for drying and hanging...i like to trim the buds once , finish them , hang for 4-6 days, then into jars forever, which ain't long...:tokin: Just like the pics...i have to wait now , till these are dry and processed before i can get the lil ones in here. If i tried to dry them outside the GR....the whole house would smell...NOT GOOD!! Anyhow cheers Budley , and thanks for hangin in for the ride....:high-five:

Ya eh Nis. Right now Marilyn would settle for any doctor, period.
Have a great night Nis.:volcano-smiley:

Gray, you and me are on the same page ...oh BTW....ive never voted ! My mom and dad used to always say "they're all crooks" ...they were right! it's just that in my life i've never been fond of any politician...that's it.
So, Q'n Gray....in the US, what would have happened if they screwed up a biopsy , like they did with Mare. Remember too,...when she first laid eyes on this guy who did the Biopsy , Mare said he had a picture of a horsey on his shirt and looked like he was going out for a round of friggen golf!! Would they still want their money? Thanks for your words my friend...have an awesome weekend Gray!:thumb::Namaste:

All these stories coming out of you guys in the US is a nightmare. How the hell does a person survive finacialy if they're saddled with medical debt....life is challenging enough , without being stressed out over med. care. it's not fair....it shouldn't be that the most money gets the best and fastest care ....that's just wrong...period!
I suppose that's the way of the world though...very cruel ...very cruel!
Anyhow Noob and all my brothas....this journal is winding down , but i've got some pics of the KK's hangin and stuff. I've sure enjoyed all of your company during my latest journal....I hope everyone has enjoyed themselves around here and maybe even learned a thing or two along the way....i know i have....:woohoo::Namaste:

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_008.jpg
Just changed out the pre-filter...nice and new again!

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_007.jpg
My home built 26 gal. "Rootbuilder" pots w/ homemade sheet aluminum as trays (big bottle caps)

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_006.jpg
The lighting array! The addition of the Advance XTE 400 improved overall bud development and the lower buds were able to get just as hard and developed as the tops! A few tops were bleached a bit but , never mind about it....it's a very good harvest and i'm stoked!:love:

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_005.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_004.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_003.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_002.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_001.jpg

Have an awesome long weekend Gang....smiles and good vibes your ways....Cheers!:Namaste::circle-of-love:
Dude! An atta-boy isn't a good enough compliment for this harvest. Wow! So many wonderful bud sites. I just read yesterday that the sugar leaves and popcorn buds are the most potent part of the plant. Who woulda guessed that, right? Lol! That wonderful tidbit came from Sue sharing the info she came across recently. Sweet harvest! I know it will do so much good for Mare! :hug: and :passitleft: have a great weekend. That's a harvest to be proud of!

brush up on spanish..
take a vacation to mexico..
..sneak into the US..
In spanish, tell them you dont speak english
Im told. ..free medical..

so many systems are broken..

The inmates continue to run the asylum!

Oh Ziggy..... :laughtwo: As sad as the situation is, that got a good belly laugh. My perspective is from the low end of the financial spectrum. Be desperately sick for enough years and you don't have any major possessions left. Become poor enough because your health is compromised and you don't have insurance and you suddenly qualify for free medical, although by then he was beyond any real help. I'm healthy enough that I had no way of securing any medical oversight of my own. I don't have much use for standard medical practice anyway. Now that I'm old enough and still poor enough to qualify for medical I won't use it. I'll use cannabis instead.

All of our major systems appear to be broken. Makes you wonder sometimes how we stay afloat.

Evening everyone, i'l be posting my weights and a few more pics for this grow then it's done. Still haven't tried this KK yet....sure smells nice . trying to get the time to open my next journal but one of the boys is about to show up for the week and next weekend. The oldest arrives tomorrow. Will be busy...canoeing, playing b ball , catch , pass and shoot (hockey driveway), skating, swimming. bike riding, local beach ....etc, etc,...get the idea gang....help me please...:helpsmilie:. i'm bagged just thinkin about it....:tokin:
Never mind the food two boys eat....really ... anyone got any idea ....it's LOTS OK!:wood: My fridge is full,...i should take a pic of it now , cuz this time tomorrow that will have changed.:rofl::thedoubletake:
Cheers gang !:circle-of-love:

Family first! We'll be here when your new journal is ready. Enjoy your time with them. It goes by before you know it.

So glad to have you back around...missed ya those days recently...maybe bein the "Seed Ball Bandit....??
I always soak up your vibes my friend....they feel good Ziggs,..thanks , i'l pass along those words and such to Mare....seeing her a lot this weekend (no boys till Sun. night). Was a busy day bud....took a while....anyhow , cheers and have a stellar day with your people Ziggs. :Namaste:

Budley...I got those vibes from ya....thanks for the smile bud! Hey, the same day...GET OUT!! Are ya done yet...i am...just cleaned up...took us two, 3-1/2 hrs. Not one puffy bud on all four plants...NOT ONE, i'm stoked...even way down at soil level up to about 16" or so , where it was all pruned off...a bunch of very hard and large buds grew...very surprised at this....you know , the one's that are usually lil puffs...those ones...hard as the tops...:thumb: my bud says 20-3/4 z's....i'm sayin 22 z's. Ya , for drying and hanging...i like to trim the buds once , finish them , hang for 4-6 days, then into jars forever, which ain't long...:tokin: Just like the pics...i have to wait now , till these are dry and processed before i can get the lil ones in here. If i tried to dry them outside the GR....the whole house would smell...NOT GOOD!! Anyhow cheers Budley , and thanks for hangin in for the ride....:high-five:

Ya eh Nis. Right now Marilyn would settle for any doctor, period.
Have a great night Nis.:volcano-smiley:

All these stories coming out of you guys in the US is a nightmare. How the hell does a person survive finacialy if they're saddled with medical debt....life is challenging enough , without being stressed out over med. care. it's not fair....it shouldn't be that the most money gets the best and fastest care ....that's just wrong...period!
I suppose that's the way of the world though...very cruel ...very cruel!
Anyhow Noob and all my brothas....this journal is winding down , but i've got some pics of the KK's hangin and stuff. I've sure enjoyed all of your company during my latest journal....I hope everyone has enjoyed themselves around here and maybe even learned a thing or two along the way....i know i have....:woohoo::Namaste:

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_008.jpg
Just changed out the pre-filter...nice and new again!

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_007.jpg
My home built 26 gal. "Rootbuilder" pots w/ homemade sheet aluminum as trays (big bottle caps)

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_006.jpg
The lighting array! The addition of the Advance XTE 400 improved overall bud development and the lower buds were able to get just as hard and developed as the tops! A few tops were bleached a bit but , never mind about it....it's a very good harvest and i'm stoked!:love:

chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_005.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_004.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_003.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_002.jpg
chopped_and_hanging_KK_s_001.jpg

Have an awesome long weekend Gang....smiles and good vibes your ways....Cheers!:Namaste::circle-of-love:

stellar grow duggan ,please make sure to let me know when you start your new j man !

harvest in time to enjoy a smoke then play some baseball with the boys perfect!

Back
Top Bottom