The Advanced DS XML 650 LED - A Review By Doc Bud

Lovely work or business as usual which ever you choose. Nice garden Doc.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Lot's of first time growers are getting results similar to mine. Some longtime growers are getting better results! You can do it too.

Make sure your environment is good, order a kit, cook some soil and join the fun!

Doc's absolutely right, Reddog! I've never grown anything worth a damn in my life, and with the kit my first real grow is coming out really well. Not as nice as Doc's work for sure, but I'll take it!

Grab a kit now. You won't regret it! :thumb:

Doc's absolutely right, Reddog! I've never grown anything worth a damn in my life, and with the kit my first real grow is coming out really well. Not as nice as Doc's work for sure, but I'll take it!

Grab a kit now. You won't regret it! :thumb:
Would the kit let me grow clones that have no roots?? :smokin:

I was just joking Slowtoke. The clone in a pot a friend gave me to grow had no roots. It took me two weeks to figure it out and that was after it had died. But it was all for the best. If it had grown, then I think high summer temps would have gotten it. I'll re-try after the summer heat passes.

Here's what the Advanced 650's are up to:

A pic of every plant under the lights.

IMG_95341.jpg
IMG_9533.JPG
IMG_9532.jpg
IMG_95312.jpg
IMG_95301.jpg
IMG_9529.JPG
IMG_95282.JPG
IMG_95261.JPG
IMG_95211.jpg
IMG_9520.JPG
IMG_95192.jpg
IMG_95184.jpg
IMG_95271.JPG
IMG_95173.JPG
IMG_95163.jpg
IMG_95151.jpg
IMG_95142.jpg
IMG_95131.jpg
IMG_95122.JPG
IMG_9511.jpg
IMG_95104.JPG
IMG_95093.JPG
IMG_95082.jpg
IMG_95073.JPG
IMG_95063.JPG
IMG_95052.JPG
IMG_95041.JPG
IMG_95032.jpg
IMG_95022.jpg
IMG_95014.jpg
IMG_95001.jpg
IMG_94983.JPG
IMG_94975.jpg
IMG_94963.jpg
IMG_94955.jpg

Wow great grow Doc! How close/far do you keep the lights from the top of the canopy? Have you experienced light burn from getting too close? Thanks!

Yep. I've experience bleached tops on most of my LED crops. These tops are about 18 inches below the lights. Not much bleaching so far.

IMG_95261.JPG

I'm using about double the light recommended....which is how I always do it, no matter what tech I'm using.

Technical stuff:

Wattage:
Avg. Power Draw is 618 watts
Avg. Amp Draw is 5.15 amps

LEDs:
We use 10w Cree XM-L2 which is a warm white. and we use 3w Single Chip LEDs in the square sections.

Are those led's sun spectrum? If not do you know what they are?

Thanks!! At how many inches away do you start seeing bleaching? Also, do you find that it's better to get the light closer and get some bleaching than to keep the lights at 25-30 inches away to avoid bleaching?

Don't bother with excess light unless the rest of your environment is dialed in. If your humidity, temps and air quality aren't top notch, more light is just as useful as more water - ie, not very useful. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Doc has a very tightly controlled environment, with CO2.

Work on the weakest link first. That usually isn't lack of lighting. :thumb:

Thanks!! At how many inches away do you start seeing bleaching? Also, do you find that it's better to get the light closer and get some bleaching than to keep the lights at 25-30 inches away to avoid bleaching?

There always seems to be some bleaching. It's not always the highest points. I think a mover is probably the best fix for bleaching.

I find using massive amounts of light, high C02 and keeping them up a bit higher, rather than a bit lower works well, but there are always a few albino nugs.

Don't bother with excess light unless the rest of your environment is dialed in. If your humidity, temps and air quality aren't top notch, more light is just as useful as more water - ie, not very useful. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Doc has a very tightly controlled environment, with CO2.

Work on the weakest link first. That usually isn't lack of lighting. :thumb:

Absolutely!

Like I've always said: "Nothing is more important than the environment."

Dial in your environment. Control the weather. Take no crap from hot, cold, moist or dry. Make it perfect.

Then worry about lights.

Back
Top Bottom