Hydro RDWC - Dr. Krippling's Puff Puff Passout - Advanced LED 350 XML

ROFL...VLAD i would if I could man. As soon as you get it going, let me know. Love keeping up with yours as well.

TYVM Shiggity. I will be defoling again in two more weeks. The thinking in that journal I referred to is this, defol preflip, at 21 days, and 40 days. Pretty much every 20 days. The canopy fills in so fast prior to the 40 days. After wards I do not think the canopy will fill in so fast. This will be about a 70 day flower for me. So I am thinking that a major defol on day 40 (which is basically a lolipoping) will be enough. I do not think the canopy will fill in that tightly afterwards. If this was pure sativa with like a 90 day or more flower I would probably defol again after the 40 day one.

This is a pretty new theory to me. I know there are so many people out there that say defol is blasphamy. However defol does occur naturally. Also if I had the power of the great yellow HPS in the sky, I would not worry about defol. However, an inside led grow has only limited amount of par and spectrum and stuff. Therefore, I want to use garden management to concentrate the highest amount of light energy to the greatest number of budsites. This means I have to defol and keep a very dense volume in a small area.

So for that other journal, he set his volume are at 3 feet cubed. He had learned that was the most that his light would penetrate and be usable. Then he would train his plants by screen, cropping, and defol to make sure the light got into the interior and could fill the 3 cubic feet. His results are pretty phenomenal. Seriously. So I had great success my first grow, but only at the colas. I had loads of bud sites below the 10 inch mark. But nothing usable below that. I tried a little defol, but at the wrong time and in the wrong way. I also had no canopy management to speak of. The only reason I had a really good yield was how big my plants were prior to flip.

So this time I have clones of my two biggest PPP from last grow plus one little Tut. I am cropping the crap out of the plants and using a screen to spread out and fill in the middle of the tent. I have very little growing on the sides. My tops are not casting as much of a shadow over everything below them as they did last time. They are only 3 feet tall where as last time they were 5 -6 foot tall. This means that even my little branches are getting canopy light. That defol on day 21 really helped to jumpstart the little budsites in the interior. They are mostly covered over again, but I am trying not to keep pulling leaves between the defols.

Well anyway, I rambled enough. Sometimes I just have to put down in writing the things in my head. I will say it is hard to pick a style of grow and stick with it. It is easy to get caught up chasing every shiny thing. (Squirrel!) But this is the method I decided on at the beginning of this grow, so I will stick with it. Really expect some great stuff from this. I hope people can see that even with a small space and a bunch of planning and patience you can produce a surprising amount of bud. I love spitz and jojo's setups. And FE with that big ol' basement being put to productive use. You just have to asses your rescorces and skill set, then develop a plan that you feel gives you a chance at success. Good luck to everyone and have a great weekend.

What's going on partner? Looking good. Watch out on the cal/mag. This last grow I thought I had a deficiency and it ended up being the flip, toxicity! I was growing in coco tho, so I flushed the plants, then dialed back on the cal/mag and everything turned out great. Plus from what I read, plants don't use that much cal/mag during flower, more in veg. Now I use a tsp per gallon in veg and 1/2 tsp per gallon in flower. No issues. Best of luck!

What's going on partner? Looking good. Watch out on the cal/mag. This last grow I thought I had a deficiency and it ended up being the flip, toxicity! I was growing in coco tho, so I flushed the plants, then dialed back on the cal/mag and everything turned out great. Plus from what I read, plants don't use that much cal/mag during flower, more in veg. Now I use a tsp per gallon in veg and 1/2 tsp per gallon in flower. No issues. Best of luck!

Yah i had two that stopped growing in flower from nitrogen toxicity. too much N too late... Plant love more cal/mag in flower but if i recall more towards the mid in stretch of flower... It doesnt use nearly as much in Veg but I still add it. I run separate cal and mag now and according to plan it is alot more cal than mag.

All that being said Village idiot had me rethinking how i do the nutes completely and I believe that the PH totally decides what higher content of nutes end up in the plant. If you check the nute availability charts. You can easily add alot of cal in flower and the plant can't take it in with just PH a little too high. flower in hydro 5.6-5.8 max. 5.9 is slows down cal intake... Veg you don't need as much so 6.0-6.2 so it an take more other elements. Look up Village Idiot posts and you will get a real eye opener to how nutes and things are absorbed. May make you rethink how you do some things.... amazeballs!

:peace:

FE

Sorry to Hijack .. Morning Bama .. Love you...rofl .. Congrats on Bama of course....

RTR!!!! Thanks FE. I didnt want to post that before, but......since you brought it up.....16 NFC :party:

Yeah I have been reading all those posts from VI in your journal. I am very impressed with his insight. I have something going on in my grow at the moment. I am not sure what but I dont like the look of a few leaves. I will be doing a res dump tomorrow as the temps right now are just way to cold. But tomorrow they will be back to normal. I had to get a space heater for my grow area. It was doing ok with out it, but now it is a very pleasant 75 degrees in the space and in the tent it is 79 degrees during lights on. 52-58 degrees at lights out. So the girls are loving life right now. Just a bit of a problem with whats in the "soup". I will get that sorted with a res dump though so no worries.

Thanks again bro. Have a great weekend. :)

RTR!!!! Thanks FE. I didnt want to post that before, but......since you brought it up.....16 NFC :party:

Yeah I have been reading all those posts from VI in your journal. I am very impressed with his insight. I have something going on in my grow at the moment. I am not sure what but I dont like the look of a few leaves. I will be doing a res dump tomorrow as the temps right now are just way to cold. But tomorrow they will be back to normal. I had to get a space heater for my grow area. It was doing ok with out it, but now it is a very pleasant 75 degrees in the space and in the tent it is 79 degrees during lights on. 52-58 degrees at lights out. So the girls are loving life right now. Just a bit of a problem with whats in the "soup". I will get that sorted with a res dump though so no worries.

Thanks again bro. Have a great weekend. :)

Hmmm I think you are too early to be running such a variance in flower temps... careful you don't hermie... I thought It was only suppose to be 10 degrees between lights on and off.. (65-75 ideal). I only have read of very few who have run the super low temp for tric's but I though it was like last week or two of flower only...

You also did a defol so too much stress all at once and you may have to look for nanners....

I absolutely do not question your grow as you have been more successful than me but I am concerned for you and want you to do some research on that stuff a little more just to be safe... you are trying multiple things at once in this grow... just read them well...

FE

lol...dont want hermie seeds for sure.

Speaking of seeds. I forgot to check on the PK seeds I popped a couple of days ago. I did not check them last night and remembered to do so mid morning. The paper was dry as crackers and the roots were black. FML. I only had 5 of those seeds. SO damned pissed at myself at the moment. Hmmm.....I do not know what I am going to do. Pop my last pk I think and try to clone it in a month. I just dont know yet. I have more seeds of PPP and Kripple shock. I may just go for the kripple shock now.

I am trying to learn as much as possible. I keep reading and reading. The temps are hard to control with my heater. I dont want to run it at night all night. so the temps get down in the 50s in that space. I dont want to hermie but I am not sure what else I can do. I looked at some options but nothing really works so far. Hmm. I will sleep on it and take another look at the issues tomorrow. Have a great weekend. :)

lol...dont want hermie seeds for sure.

Speaking of seeds. I forgot to check on the PK seeds I popped a couple of days ago. I did not check them last night and remembered to do so mid morning. The paper was dry as crackers and the roots were black. FML. I only had 5 of those seeds. SO damned pissed at myself at the moment. Hmmm.....I do not know what I am going to do. Pop my last pk I think and try to clone it in a month. I just dont know yet. I have more seeds of PPP and Kripple shock. I may just go for the kripple shock now.

I am trying to learn as much as possible. I keep reading and reading. The temps are hard to control with my heater. I dont want to run it at night all night. so the temps get down in the 50s in that space. I dont want to hermie but I am not sure what else I can do. I looked at some options but nothing really works so far. Hmm. I will sleep on it and take another look at the issues tomorrow. Have a great weekend. :)

Simple solution.... 400W digital thermostat controlled desk top heater was like 30 bucks at the famous retailer of high quality goods made west of san fransico. I set it to just the low point.. 63 or so and it never comes on except when it is lights off. Cause my lights keep temps good for lights on . The digital controlled one makes it automated. That was key for me... and it is small but I had plenty of room or places to put it in flower. Veg i do not run a heater and temps tend to stay closer to 63 -64 or so... To me it is still acceptable but this will slow down some on growth a small amount as I recall. I don't ever like to see 50's. And I am not 100% sure or anything the true cause of my sitch. But I know temps for a couple weeks where dropping alot in flower at lights out. Then harvest .. well you know..but there was the other stuff too.. stay positive you'll get it figured out...

Condolences on the seeds that sucks... at least you got 5 freebies ;) may not feel as bad hopefully... and next time put them in a more conspicuous spot...I consider that seed abuse.. cut that shit out.....

Keep positive bro you are doing great... you are so far ahead of last grow already.. but we all are still learning... So read your plants and they should show signs of what they have going on.. dig deep figure it out.. correct... and hope it was early on the correction so it heals ;)
you'll get it!

FE

No clue but idea popped in head... Wonder if the possible hermie is based on such a high fluctuation in temps. So what if it was hitting 65 or so lights on and 55 lights off... would your setup do that? IF it based on just keeping it closer on each light cycle? if that was the case it may slow things some but still better than nanners..

Someone chime in now please.... Some advanced 18 year grower..... ok we'll settle for a 10 year grower... Anyone? Sorry just me i guess...

hehe

FE

I went with a small electric heater last night. It has a temp setting. I will keep that up and hope for good results. :) I set it 62 as that is the lowest it will go. We will see how it goes. I will do a res dump today. My ppms are dropping my ph is steady at 5.8 so the plants are eating, and they are growing. I have not done a res dump since the flip. So I am thinking I really need to do it. That will give me peace of mind and a nice known starting point. the plants look good but for a few leaves. It really looks like a Cal/Mag def to me but I will err on the side of caution. The canopy is getting very thick. It is hard not to go in and pull leaves. :)

I will take some pics when lights come on. or maybe after the res dump. The little buds are trying to become little nugs so that is the most important thing. I am in there looking for nanners now. None so far, but I dont have a seasoned eye for that. I didnt have a single seed last grow so I have no experience with males yet. Hope to keep it that way tbh. Have a great sunday guys and thanks for all the great advice and support.

Now we are talking! Temps should be all set now! good call... try that temp thing low low last week of flower during flush... just my recommendation tho.
nanners sorta look like a stem from a cut off branch.. short.. pops open like a little tiny flower... I think you are still early for that tho... week 3 i think for you right? ... But I am not sure on that totally... all plants are different too.. some genetics have more of a tendency.

A res change is never a bad thing i would say. If you do have something going on I would do it and just go slightly lighter on the base nutes. Just me tho a relative noob throwing out ideas. as flower progresses you will want less nitrogen as you know so maybe this batch is ready for the reduction.

Ok so after saying that... a defol helped me end up with nitrogen toxicity so careful on the nitrogen for now i would say... The leaves convert the light to food in its process .. so good bad on defol who knows.. but we do know it changes the way the plant will process what it does. So research into possible changes in your feeding tea to compensate may be in order..... just another thought...

You'll get it bro.... Think of it .. we are talking about "details" of your grow... 6 months ago we where talking if you would see the finish line...
You have come along way... so have I ... but we have still a long ways to go....

FE

HAHAHAHA....ikr! Thanks FE.

Yeah I think the res was ok. I just was nervous. I did not like the look of some of the leaves. They were the big ol fans that just sprouted a couple of weeks back and then got big with some def showing. The new fan and sugar leaves are really looking normal and green. Could have been an old def that showed up later in the leaf or it could have been something wrong now. IDK. But the res dump is complete. I am adding water in slowly at the moment. The roots on these girls are HUGE! They are making the draining of the buckets a pain. So I want to go slow with adding water because I just dont know how much water to put in the system right now before overflow. I did add some nutes and we will see what the ppms are in an hour. Plus look at water levels.

Right now I am at 4.5 weeks into the flower. Have about 5.5 weeks left to go. So almost at the half way point. The budsites are getting bigger and the chrystals are showing up. So everything is looking sweet. I will continue to monitor of course. But I think I am past a bump. I love the look of the grow right now. There is almost nothing on the edges and just tons in the middle of the tent. The plants are not reaching anymore and the colas are starting to take shape. They are about grape size now but with luck will be golfball size soon :)

I will take some pics this evening and post them soon. Have a great weekend guys. :)

update

Ok so the plants in the flower tent are looking good still. The canopy is thick again and the nugs are growing. Still too early to tell if they are experiencing any more def. They should not be. I got the PPM to 850 and the pH is 5.8. So we shall see how they continue going forward.

I am kinda freaking out about my clones though. The PPP was easy to clone last time. The Tut was not. However this time I have four clones of the PPP and they were looking great yesterday. Healthy new growth and lots of white roots. I put them into their own netpots and buckets yesterday. Just checked them this morning and all four look like shit. They are all wilted over and I do not know why. I put their ppm at 450 and pH at 5.8. They should be loving life at the moment. Lots of air and everything. So seriously confused right now. I will give them a couple of days to come out of it. Could just be shock or something. However that does not make a lot of sense to me as they are in the same tent under the same T5 and have the same temps of 72 at all times. WTF is wrong with them?

So my flower tent is awesome atm. I really hope it stays awesome. My veg tent is not awesome. I really hope that changes. Killing 4 PK beans because I forgot to check them before going to sleep and then the possiblility of killing off my clones, adds up to an epic fail if that happens.

Well I did take photos yesterday after the res dump. I got them uploaded yesterday and am posting them now. The last pic is the same top nug that I took a photo of a few days ago (4 days I think). Please have a look and enjoy. All comments are welcome. If anyone has an opinion about the clones, I am very interested in hearing it. So here are the pics.
2016-01-25_20_19_43.jpg
2016-01-25_20_19_51.jpg
2016-01-25_20_19_59.jpg
2016-01-25_20_20_06.jpg
2016-01-25_20_20_17.jpg

Ok for the top nug pic, I decided to do a side by side from the pic last week. :)
2016-01-21_12_06_31.jpg

and now yesterday
2016-01-25_20_20_25.jpg

MMMmmmm... Ganja-tastic

Cloning sucks...
I finally got a root to pop out on 1 but I let it get dehydrated and it withered up because it's been 5 weeks and I got bored :laughtwo::clown:

Patience my friend, it's the drug that fixes many problems.

Good luck with your cuttings. Flowers look nice. I'm on day 07 bro!

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom